Bought ourselves a week

Not sure this deserves a new topic

BUT

1. Four call ups and no P-P. IMO this wouldn't have happened if we were doing OK but there's no way we could have P-P this on a losing run.

2. The Norn Iron way. Yeah it's the Norn Iron way ✌️.

3. Hitting the post. Believe it or not Micheal Owen made a top point about this, aim for the corners is taking a risk, do not subscribe to 'hit the target' subscribe to 'try and score'. No team has hit the post more than us.

4. Home fans are dickheads. Yes, yes we are. Robbo has told the players to :censored:in deal with it AND with the help of point 1 and another away coming we should be use this going into scunthorpe.

Theres gona be 2000 at bolton so do it right get us onside and have a go on tuesday.

5. Seige mentality.

6. E I E I E I O.

7. Build from the back. Lay solid foundations, reap solid rewards.

Edited by Monty Burns

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we're not. I think we're incredibly patient. Home fans (those few that remain) are just utterly pissed off with the total pile of :censored:e served up week after week, year after depressing year. The NI way is working away, but not at home. It's :censored:. Boring as :censored:. He needs to try something different...like attacking.

No we're not. I think we're incredibly patient. Home fans (those few that remain) are just utterly pissed off with the total pile of :censored:e served up week after week, year after depressing year. The NI way is working away, but not at home. It's :censored:. Boring as :censored:. He needs to try something different...like attacking.

I've never booed or abused one of our own players (well, not too loudly anyway) but those who are that way inclined have been very quiet by their standards, considering....

Some moaning when we're :censored: is par for the course at most clubs. We'll be far from the worst for it.

I honest reck he gets this. I honest reck he can use us positively as he learns. I get we are bottom of the league but I think he learned a few lessons this week. I've often stuck up for our shrinking violets, because we do have some, but I really believe that, given time, this problem will fade.

I just think today, finally, we got a bit of luck in front of goal.

Discounting Millwall and the last two home games (Robinson himself has admitted they weren't good enough) we could have won all the games we've played. Being our manager is nigh on an impossible job and we should allow Robinson his errors.

First goal for Flynn, today. First goal for Freddie. An extremely rare late winner. It all seems very unusual. Hopefully it's the catalyst for better things.

Am I right to assume the goal came from Freddie running onto a through ball?

If so it's remarkable what happens when you give the ball to the strikers how they want it . We've lumped high balls upto Lapado and tried to use him as a target man. That's not his game I reckon he's an "on the shoulder" striker.

Oh and am glad he got booked for over celebrating because that shows how much scoring for us means to him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Quality take by Ladapo - a proper strikers goal. Hopefully one of many to come.

Flynn's goal was quality too - that's what we need in a midfielder. Carry on running into the box and taking the shot.

Fingers crossed that this boosts the confidence of all the players into the next game.

Am I right to assume the goal came from Freddie running onto a through ball?

If so it's remarkable what happens when you give the ball to the strikers how they want it . We've lumped high balls upto Lapado and tried to use him as a target man. That's not his game I reckon he's an "on the shoulder" striker.

Oh and am glad he got booked for over celebrating because that shows how much scoring for us means to him.

Against Carlisle he had one ruled out that was similar to the one he scored today.

3 strikers scored in the past two games now, hopefully that can continue!

Against Carlisle he had one ruled out that was similar to the one he scored today.

3 strikers scored in the past two games now, hopefully that can continue!

Alot of criticism has been directed at our strikers this season and alot of it has been fairly justified. However alot has to be said for the type of service they have received. We have been fairly direct but none of them are really target men. McKay is a wasp/paul warne/paul dickov type. He will play best with a target man and will press defenders and pick up bits and pieces in the box. Despite being 6"2 Erwin is not a target man he doesn't win much in the air however he has good feet and wants the ball to them where he can link play. Lapado is an on the shoulder striker he wants the ball in the channels or from crosses where he can get across the Front post.

Looking at the last 2 home games Sergio Aguero wouldn't have scored in a team playing like that he needs the ball in the right places.

We complain about Boundary Park being a Strikers graveyard perhaps we need to think more about how we use these strikers and getting them the right kind of service, because if we used them better we would get more goals from them (The Adam Rooney Rule)

Edited by GlossopLatic

Alot of criticism has been directed at our strikers this season and alot of it has been fairly justified. However alot has to be said for the type of service they have received. We have been fairly direct but none of them are really target men. McKay is a wasp/paul warne/paul dickov type. He will play best with a target man and will press defenders and pick up bits and pieces in the box. Despite being 6"2 Erwin is not a target man he doesn't win much in the air however he has good feet and wants the ball to them where he can link play. Lapado is an on the shoulder striker he wants the ball in the channels or from crosses where he can get across the Front post.

Looking at the last 2 home games Sergio Aguero wouldn't have scored in a team playing like that he needs the ball in the right places.

We complain about Boundary Park being a Strikers graveyard perhaps we need to think more about how we use these strikers and getting them the right kind of service, because if we used them better we would get more goals from them (The Adam Rooney Rule)

They've had plenty of really, really good chances between the three.

Finishing has been truly appalling.

18 shots would appear to qualify that statement on woeful finishing. However, on a positive note, our play generated 18 shots.

With the exception of Scunny, Bury and Rochdale, teams in this division appear to have the same inability to convert.

Fleetwood should have been three up before Mackay netted and the drivel served up by Swindon and Bolton just epitomised the very definition of woeful with regards to finishing.

Although to be fair, Vigoroux did pull off a couple of worldies.

This

Last couple of away games have been nothing like watching Northern Ireland.

the build up to both of yesterdays goals was quite quick and sharp passes, when we at home the build up play from the back/ midfield is to slow and predictable.