Bristol Rovers (h)

We dominated for long periods, I can't fault the players commitment and effort. I thought the referee should have disallowed their first goal for a foul on Lee and he missed a clear penalty to us. The players who made the mistakes for the goals have been excellent all season. Goals change games and although we are creating lots of chances if we don't score we can't win. Everybody can see what we are trying to achieve and that we are getting there

Just writing Robinson s post match thoughts.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a very very poor side with no attacking threat whatsoever who are almost certainly heading for division 2. Gerrard would be a great addition alongside Clarke for set pieces but unless we can create and convert a few more chances it will make no difference!

One thing that bugged me today...

Are the away fans searched on the way into the ground because Latics fans must be. Another clubs fans sneaking acoustics in to the Chaddy End, its a disgrace!

Until we have 800 home fans all singing in the Rochdale Road End we won't know which is louder.

Thr Athleticos are depleted to say the least, and it's the worst atmosphere I've ever witnessed at BP this season so far.

Edited by NewBlue

Back to normal service....I'm all for playing wingers but Christ cut inside sometimes, go route one. Bloody pigeon on the wing was having a better game annoying their player before he shooed it away.

I don't remember any goal attempt in the first half but several corners.

Christ the bloody ref, they did nothing but push us off the ball and barge into us, even when Fane when cantering down the side of the he paddock in the first half, their player caught up with him, yet it was a foul against us?

It's going to be a long season for us either in or near the bottom, we were late starters for the the start of the season and these are the players we have got for now. I'm starting to think it's more about picking and choosing the games we can win and just hope some teams just have an off day.

Back to normal service....I'm all for playing wingers but Christ cut inside sometimes

Christ the bloody ref, they did nothing but push us off the ball and barge into us, even when Fane when cantering down the side of the he paddock in the first half, their player caught up with him, yet it was a foul against us?

It's going to be a long season for us either in or near the bottom, we were late starters for the the start of the season and these are the players we have got for now. I'm starting to think it's more about picking and choosing the games we can win and just hope some teams just have an off day.

It would be nice to play Rochdale soon....ooh hey up

What frustrated me today was Green and Fane sitting on the toes of Burgess and Clarke, at times we played with a near on back six with no support for the front men, Winchester and Flynn were over run, out worked and out played in midfield but to be fair had little support from the other two who just sat in, what happened to the passing and movement from Tuesday night, pressing their defence wasn't on the menu either today, why not? They proved Tuesday how effective that was. We are going to have inconsistencies in performance but that was chalk and cheese from Tuesday.

Maybe all the forward players should be changed every game - the idea that they get better and more consistent with a run doesn't appear to apply to this lot.

And if winchester showed half as much passion on the pitch as he showed having his tantrum on the bench after getting subbed maybe he wouldn't have been there. .. same with ladapo -straight up the tunnel with a face like a slapped arse..

Would personally play Fane as the holding midfielder & the rest when attacking to be interchanging getting in and around our forward or beyond, when a cross did go into the box nobody was there to attack it.

The above must be under instructions from the manager which has also occurred with previous managers.