12 months ago

Not much to be happy about to be honest, not going to blame Robinson and he will get till the New Year to turn things around but I've witnessed some of the worst performances I can remember in a long time this season, we've had the odd ray of hope but so far it's been backed up by totally abject lackluster performances, failing to score in 6 of 8 home games is truly shocking in anyone's book.

27 October 2015.

15 played. 2 won 10 drawn 3 lost 17 scored. 16 points

22 October 2016

15 played. 3 won. 6 drawn 6 lost 9 scores. 15 points

Discuss

Well that highlights the complete lack of progress on the pitch.

I have more Confidence in Robinson than either Dunn or Kelly. Maybe less so then Sheridan.

The players I think can do better and I have seen shoots of improvement in recent weeks but I think we will need some new additions in January. The rip it up and start again approach every year is killing us though.

Off the pitch well earlier this year July?

Anthony Gee openly said in the chron that work would recomence on the stand soon and that we had around 5 parties interested in the club it's gone very quiet on both fronts since then. What has happened?

Edited by GlossopLatic

The wonders of a point per game. If we can keep this up until the year end (24 from 24) I'm hopeful that 2017 will see us getting 1 and a quarter points for the remaining 22 games as we are seeing signs of progress on a two steps forward and one (sometimes two) backwards basis.

The wonders of a point per game. If we can keep this up until the year end (24 from 24) I'm hopeful that 2017 will see us getting 1 and a quarter points for the remaining 22 games as we are seeing signs of progress on a two steps forward and one (sometimes two) backwards basis.

Ooooh, the Boundary Park dream. Avoiding relegation from this crap division.

Will we be able to handle the excitement?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Well that highlights the complete lack of progress on the pitch.

I have more Confidence in Robinson than either Dunn or Kelly. Maybe less so then Sheridan.

The players I think can do better and I have seen shoots of improvement in recent weeks but I think we will need some new additions in January. The rip it up and start again approach every year is killing us though.

Off the pitch well earlier this year July?

Anthony Gee openly said in the chron that work would recomence on the stand soon and that we had around 5 parties interested in the club it's gone very quiet on both fronts since then. What has happened?

What happened was they were saying nothing. Then the protest group (like them or not) made a bit of noise and it had Anthony Gee decide to make comment. You know...a small tit bit of information to make it look like they care about us fans and quieten things down. Which worked. And now it's back to the plan of building more houses at the back of the Chaddy and on Little Wembley, sell them, use the money to finish the stand and unless there's a cup run, Latics sit in the ever decreasing circle while it all happens.

Not a chance we will be sold in the meantime.

Given the situation that SR found himself in - limited time and almost no players before the start of the season - I think that we have to (as others suggest) give him some time.

Sadly, I have managed to miss ALL of the games where we have won and apparently played OK, and therefore I have yet to see anything on the pitch that gives me hope.

Two factors last season made the difference when JS came in - we had a forward (Holloway initially and then Main) that could hold the ball up. Our tactic doesn't seem too different from last season, but this time round the ball comes straight back as we lose possession. Secondly, we had a player in midfield who could pick a pass in Palmer.

I believe we are a couple of players away from being half decent...but not sure if and when they will arrive.

Given the situation that SR found himself in - limited time and almost no players before the start of the season - I think that we have to (as others suggest) give him some time.

Sadly, I have managed to miss ALL of the games where we have won and apparently played OK, and therefore I have yet to see anything on the pitch that gives me hope.

Two factors last season made the difference when JS came in - we had a forward (Holloway initially and then Main) that could hold the ball up. Our tactic doesn't seem too different from last season, but this time round the ball comes straight back as we lose possession. Secondly, we had a player in midfield who could pick a pass in Palmer.

I believe we are a couple of players away from being half decent...but not sure if and when they will arrive.

While they were poor last week and not up to Holloway standards as yet, I'd say Erwin and Ladapo are both actually pretty good at holding the ball up.

They're generally :censored:e at putting it into the back of the net though, unfortunately.

Erwin and Ladapo are generally good at doing :censored: all as the statistics suggest, both over do it and make a simple game complicated, to be effective in that role you need the brains to protect the ball and bring others into play, for some reason those two always appear to want to do it all alone and they don't have any clue what's going on around then.

While they were poor last week and not up to Holloway standards as yet, I'd say Erwin and Ladapo are both actually pretty good at holding the ball up.

They're generally :censored:e at putting it into the back of the net though, unfortunately.

They're good at holding the ball up at the edge of the centre circle...miles away from the back of the net they're meant to be hitting. Then it's a pass backwards to Green/Flynn/Winny/Banks/Klok/whoever while Erwin/Ladapo scamper off up field and the aforementioned players then stand about like statues or dick around passing sideways, backwards, backwards, sideways, lump forward, ball lost *

* denotes except against Scunthorpe

Edited by boundaryblue80