Transfer embargo...

Think the idea that they don't know when embargo will be lifted is fanciful, all depends on tonights result.

How promptly do clubs receive prize money, or is it totalised once they're eliminated?

Unless the Chairman is only prepared to put in the money if he knows he's got a source to get it back.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robinson hinted that some of the current loan players - Lee Erwin (Leeds) and Billy Mckay (Wigan) being possibilities - could have their deals cut short to increase wriggle-room in the budget.

Unnecessarily cagey by the Chron, or Robinson? We only have 3 players on loan and there's no way we'd send Ripley back.

I am at a loss as to how tonight's game can make any contribution to any decision as to whether he is the right or wrong man for the job?

Well, just a hypotheical scenario, it might be about timing more than the game itself.

Perhaps Corney has already decided that he's probably the wrong man for the job, but has been trying to avoid the cost of sacking him and paying him off by keeping him under embargo, and generally making his job as difficult as possible to do (e.g. lining up his own tansfer targets rather than leaving it to the manager), thus encouraging him to resign.

Robinson has made it clear he isn't going to jump in recent interviews, so Corney has to decide if he's actually going to push him, in a situation where the club are short on the cash to fund such a move. If he leaves it beyond tonight, it doesn't give a new man much time to make his own moves in the transfer window before it closes. Conversely, a win, and a good performance might convince Corney to keep his compensation money in his pocket and stick with Robinson for the rest of the season.

It's the equivalent of the kids in the car asking "Are we nearly there yet?"

I once went on a coach trip to the West of England, at the first set of traffic lights in Oldham an elderly woman asked her husband "are we there yet" This was repeated throughout the journey.

This was an eventful trip and destined to go wrong from the start when her husbands string - which was holding up his pants, snapped as he stretched to lift a bag on to the top rack.

What was revealed was not a pretty sight and put me off my meat and two veg evening meal.

I once went on a coach trip to the West of England, at the first set of traffic lights in Oldham an elderly woman asked her husband "are we there yet" This was repeated throughout the journey.

This was an eventful trip and destined to go wrong from the start when her husbands string - which was holding up his pants, snapped as he stretched to lift a bag on to the top rack.

What was revealed was not a pretty sight and put me off my meat and two veg evening meal.

Bloody hell, was Sid James driving?