Transfer embargo...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

you mean for the 1000th time?

I have a big, extended family - when everything's fine, life just goes on - when there is a family crisis, like most others, we all rally round and support.

Now, Latics is (or should) be like family to most supporters - and it is obvious to a blind man with a stick that they need our support now, perhaps more then ever in recent history. So, yes, whether it's the 10th time or the 1,000th time - we should support them.

Don't get me wrong; I`ve had rants on here like most have (because we all care). My current view though is this; put differences and squabbles to one side for a while and focus all our energy in to helping the club.

The long term issues will come out in the wash.

Here's my starter for 10 (in addition to making the Southend game a "must attend" game for all Latics fans) :-

I took advantage of the season ticket offer - and got mine for £200. If enough people are willing to do the same, I am content to hand Latics £100 ASAP from the £150 saving I made via the offer. Any takers? (or am I on an island of one?)

How's about those who've made the piss poor mistakes and mismanaged the income streams we do have plug the gap, all those player/manager sales that have been ploughed into a stand we clearly see no benefit from, season ticket offers which from the off were a :censored:ing stupid idea, cashed in sell on clauses which cost us six figures, sorry but I'm not giving a penny more than I have to especially when we are being so badly run.

I took advantage of the season ticket offer - and got mine for £200. If enough people are willing to do the same, I am content to hand Latics £100 ASAP from the £150 saving I made via the offer. Any takers? (or am I on an island of one?)

You're being a bit optimistic if you reckon people will want to take a ton out of their pockets to hand over to Simon Corney...

Guest nonaenever

You're being a bit optimistic if you reckon people will want to take a ton out of their pockets to hand over to Simon Corney...

I realise I am being optimistic. It would be done properly with legal undertakings that the money was used "correctly" (and "correctly" would have to be decided). I just feel it's time to rally round and support "the club" - not kick it when it's down. I want to be able to watch Latics for years to come - I`m sure many others do too. As I`ve said the long-term issues of ownership will sort themselves out in due course.

I realise I am being optimistic. It would be done properly with legal undertakings that the money was used "correctly" (and "correctly" would have to be decided). I just feel it's time to rally round and support "the club" - not kick it when it's down. I want to be able to watch Latics for years to come - I`m sure many others do too. As I`ve said the long-term issues of ownership will sort themselves out in due course.

Sounds like you've changed tune.

Is that you, Crazy Corney?

I have a big, extended family - when everything's fine, life just goes on - when there is a family crisis, like most others, we all rally round and support.

This is like a family member who has :censored:ed you over 100 times or more to the point you wouldn't trust them with the steam off your piss. Which ultimately ends in not talking to said family member for years and years.

Edited by boundaryblue80

You'd get more support if you set up a fighting fund for when these cretins have :censored:ed off and we have our club back. Either that or when enough decide that the time is right, and we start afresh.

If this was done legally through the trust or similar, with complete transparacy, i would give the £100. The fans are the one constant in any club and i feel if we want a future now is the time to stand up and be counted. Not everyone is as fortunate so A TENNER or whatever is fine.

The TTA amigos saved this club once and i appreciate that but that sentiment is long gone. I am not happy how the club is run and the "no comment" from OAFC saddens me. Maybe if the club came clean the fans would rally round.

Whatever, i am a supporter and want a club to watch. Hence, happy to play a part.

Now, Latics is (or should) be like family to most supporters - and it is obvious to a blind man with a stick that they need our support now, perhaps more then ever in recent history. So, yes, whether it's the 10th time or the 1,000th time - we should support them.

Don't get me wrong; I`ve had rants on here like most have (because we all care). My current view though is this; put differences and squabbles to one side for a while and focus all our energy in to helping the club.

The long term issues will come out in the wash.

Here's my starter for 10 (in addition to making the Southend game a "must attend" game for all Latics fans) :-

You might be better buying a batch of Euromillions tickets and hope for the best.

If this was done legally through the trust or similar, with complete transparacy, i would give the £100. The fans are the one constant in any club and i feel if we want a future now is the time to stand up and be counted. Not everyone is as fortunate so A TENNER or whatever is fine.

The TTA amigos saved this club once and i appreciate that but that sentiment is long gone. I am not happy how the club is run and the "no comment" from OAFC saddens me. Maybe if the club came clean the fans would rally round.

Whatever, i am a supporter and want a club to watch. Hence, happy to play a part.

The TTA amigos

The the three amigos amigos?

Its the lies and bull:censored: I don't understand.

If Corney was totally honest and talked openly about the money problems, Shez having to be sold - Evens not signing until he saw a bank guarantee of the money (rumour from my brother) Gerrard not being signed, support staff having to leave, Directors told to find new jobs and on and on. If we had that total open honesty over the last few years we could get behind him - and the club - and rally around or at the least not feel abused and insulted. Sure we would still be unhappy but we would still support!

But it's the millions of lies that :censored:s us beyond belief and divides us as supporters.

Guest nonaenever

Sounds like you've changed tune.

Is that you, Crazy Corney?

Why have I changed tune please? If you read the first draft of the proposed Charter (and letter to club/Trust) on that thread - you will see that it is all about "support" not confrontation. I am as naffed off as the next fan with current affairs but am trying to find constructive ways forward not purely destructive. I keep saying it but the longer term ownership issues etc. will eventually unfold to a conclusion. For now, we can only influence what we can influence. Either people support "the club" (note not Mr C particularly) or they simply see it slip into oblivion. Point is, people do have a choice - support or abandon. That choice is now probably more important than ever.

Why have I changed tune please? If you read the first draft of the proposed Charter (and letter to club/Trust) on that thread - you will see that it is all about "support" not confrontation. I am as naffed off as the next fan with current affairs but am trying to find constructive ways forward not purely destructive. I keep saying it but the longer term ownership issues etc. will eventually unfold to a conclusion. For now, we can only influence what we can influence. Either people support "the club" (note not Mr C particularly) or they simply see it slip into oblivion. Point is, people do have a choice - support or abandon. That choice is now probably more important than ever.

Seeing as you sound like an intelligent, level-headed bloke, would you be willing to carry at the role those who SC has called out are unwilling to do?

Seeing as you sound like an intelligent, level-headed bloke, would you be willing to carry at the role those who SC has called out are unwilling to do?

I reckon I can see where this is going.

Nonaenever goes and has an amicable, adult like chat. He seems like he knows what he's talking about.

He will get answers to concerns etc and post those answers on here then the usual guys will claim nonaenever is now Corney's puppet