Transfer embargo...

No, I'm not guilty for f a t a lot. These are fecking obvious. Evans wanted Forest job, CLEARLY more money. People need to wake up to what footballers and managers are. They, rightly, go to the money. Sherudan doesn't give a flying :censored: about Latics. His loyalty and love is to Sheff Wed. Sheridan went to work with a mate who will have offered more, no other explanation for dropping a league to a club in worse financial shape than even we are. Karma is a bitch. County are in trouble, winding up orders and dropping down toward non league oblivion.

So no you don't have any proof other than 'its obvious'. STFU.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not guilty for f a t a lot. These are fecking obvious. Evans wanted Forest job, CLEARLY more money. People need to wake up to what footballers and managers are. They, rightly, go to the money. Sherudan doesn't give a flying :censored: about Latics. His loyalty and love is to Sheff Wed. Sheridan went to work with a mate who will have offered more, no other explanation for dropping a league to a club in worse financial shape than even we are. Karma is a bitch. County are in trouble, winding up orders and dropping down toward non league oblivion.

???????

And there endeth all messageboard speculation, summising and debate. Turn out the lights!

Yes an opinion can be stated to raise debate, the trouble is OWTB is full of posters stating their opinion and conspiracy theory as absolute fact. There is a difference.

Edited by ghostofcecere

sold a decent manager when we were on our best run for years, sold a club legend just as people started to believe again, blah blah blah. Sad times.

Can't force them to stay. We didn't really have a choice unless he risks the future of the club by either making the budget bigger or improving managers wage. I understand that corneys made mistakes, don't think anyone can deny that. But, I hate it when people blame him for things that are out of his control.

I love this notion that we sold Johnson. As if he was ever going to stay once he had that good run. The guy is a calculated career ladder climber - he's still only completed 1 full season with the same club. Fair play, it seems to be working for him.

Ok, ok, put your handbags down ladies. I realise I have had a go at your man crush but your adoration simply isnt reciprocated by him... such is life. Sheridan did a good job for us and it was mutually beneficial. His stature was given a new shine after doing good work here and he used it to take a higher paid job. Don't forget, prior to coming back to Latics Sheridan had taken the Newport job after wanting to move back North!? Which bit of this don't you agree with?

On Johnson, its hilarious people think we 'sold' him. Grow up. He wanted to leave in his quest to be a prem manager (which he may well achieve), we recieved compensation, there is a difference.

On a more general note. Its amazing how certain posters embrace negative rumours based on nothing and no actual event or information from an unnamed source as fact. When someone else has an opinion based on events that have taken place they should stfu. Angry little souls.

Edited by kowenicki

On a more general note. Its amazing how certain posters embrace negative rumours based on nothing and no actual event or information from an unnamed source as fact. When someone else has an opinion based on events that have taken place they should stfu. Angry little souls.

this this and this!

Yes an opinion can be stated to raise debate, the trouble is OWTB is full of posters stating their opinion and conspiracy theory as absolute fact. There is a difference.

You're right that there is a difference. But I don't see many doing that, more that some like to jump on people and claim they are stating things as fact. Personally, if you go back and read what I write (like the post earlier on in this topic) it is often a case of joining the dots (there are plenty of them.) And at times, they are sprinkled with facts like the Necarcu loan on OAFC's books and the winding up order served on us etc. I've also never predicted relegations (I was one of very few people who continually said we wouldn't go down last season...negative eh?) but I see through our leaders claims like the Sports Direct monies etc will steer us clear of season on season relegation battles which is annually decimating our attendances. That is because it isn't a great leap to say such money was/is needed towards the stand. The same when the next lot of houses on BP are sold. It isn't prophesies of doom. It is pointing out the reality and how our "leader" talks with two heads. I don't need to go face to face with him...past events speak for itself.

For most people that don't know the real truths, it has got to be fair to say that 1) there will be some people who are actually in the know because they do know well connected people (like OAFCProzac who it is well known is good friends with Paul Whitehead whose company built the stand...I could add who I know, but it wouldn't be fair on those people) and 2) when some of us join the dots, as I've mentioned above, there is a decent chance that we are closer to the truth than what we are being told in a hastily arranged, knee-jerk video to deflect from the actual fact that we are under a transfer embargo and we have 2 huge bills to pay next week.

It isn't a fact that we are truly :censored:ing screwed if we don't beat Lincoln but we can join the dots again on that one.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Can we not just put this to bed now? Been arguing all week about this embargo, the infamous video and who should go in and talk to corney. It's got boring.

Can we not just get nonenever in there, with his.list of questions and be done with it? We stand and argue, meanwhile the club goes to :censored:. Actions speak louder than words at this point

having heard from the chairman via a third party this week the chairman's concerns are not with me or probably BB80 more with those anonymous posters who do genuinely hide behind the keyboard. I know that I can have a chat with Simon any time, it doesn't need to be in front of a camera. I choose not to simply because I believe it is time for change. I don't deal in bull:censored: and false accusations, neither do I make it personal my issues have only ever been with the running of the club. 1:1 Corney is a decent guy and you know he cares I criticise his running of the club and probably always will find fault but sometimes it is important to take a step back and realise there's a human being in there somewhere.

Yard dog and the others if you choose not to speak to him that's your choice but if you feel as strongly as I've done in the past - do it! Not many chairmen will give you an audience...

Edited by oafcprozac

having heard from the chairman via a third party this week the chairman's concerns are not with me or probably BB80 more with those anonymous posters who do genuinely hide behind the keyboard. I know that I can have a chat with Simon any time, it doesn't need to be in front of a camera. I choose not to simply because I believe it is time for change. I don't deal in bull:censored: and false accusations, neither do I make it personal my issues have only ever been with the running of the club. 1:1 Corney is a decent guy and you know he cares I criticise his running of the club and probably always will find fault but sometimes it is important to take a step back and realise there's a human being in there somewhere.

Yard dog and the others if you choose not to speak to him that's your choice but if you feel as strongly as I've done in the past - do it! Not many chairmen will give you an audience...

Fair play.

Prepared statement alert.....

Whilst issues off the pitch have been highlighted this week, the manager gave his thoughts after watching the chairman’s interview.
“I thought it was very open and honest,” he said. "Simon has not tried to dress the club up in something that it isn’t. We don’t have millions of pounds and the cash flow isn’t there.
"It’s not there for a lot of clubs in this division either. We get 3,500 fans and we try to stay in this division constantly, and we’ve done that.
“In the last seven or eight seasons, the highest position has been 15th so Simon has tried to keep the club going and credit to him.
“He has openly said it’s not an open pot of money, we need to get investment into the club.
“It’s a tough job for him and he gets a lot of criticism, I don’t know what the ins and outs were before I came to the football club so I can only speak as I’ve seen since being here and say that Simon has backed me with what we have available to us.
“We haven’t got millions of pounds to sign players and I knew that before I came in so it’s not something I’m using as an excuse.
"People want honesty, and that’s what he’s done. He has invited people to come in and speak about the club and the finances but we all know it won’t satisfy everybody.
"He will always have people who hide behind the internet and say what they say on it. I don’t read it, it doesn’t affect me and it certainly won’t be affecting anything we are trying to do.
“We can only do what we are doing on the football pitch and transform the club.
“We are trying to create a positive attitude around the club and 99% of fans have been behind me and the football club and that’s what we need.
“We need them to come out in their numbers because the more people who can back the club, the more money there is to spend and the better you can enhance the football team.”

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/gaffer-hoping-to-continue-level-of-performance-against-peterborough-united-tomorrow-3436803.aspx#jHw2E9ArDa2VPpqS.99

Prepared statement alert.....

Whilst issues off the pitch have been highlighted this week, the manager gave his thoughts after watching the chairman’s interview.
“I thought it was very open and honest,” he said. "Simon has not tried to dress the club up in something that it isn’t. We don’t have millions of pounds and the cash flow isn’t there.
"It’s not there for a lot of clubs in this division either. We get 3,500 fans and we try to stay in this division constantly, and we’ve done that.
“In the last seven or eight seasons, the highest position has been 15th so Simon has tried to keep the club going and credit to him.
“He has openly said it’s not an open pot of money, we need to get investment into the club.
“It’s a tough job for him and he gets a lot of criticism, I don’t know what the ins and outs were before I came to the football club so I can only speak as I’ve seen since being here and say that Simon has backed me with what we have available to us.
“We haven’t got millions of pounds to sign players and I knew that before I came in so it’s not something I’m using as an excuse.
"People want honesty, and that’s what he’s done. He has invited people to come in and speak about the club and the finances but we all know it won’t satisfy everybody.
"He will always have people who hide behind the internet and say what they say on it. I don’t read it, it doesn’t affect me and it certainly won’t be affecting anything we are trying to do.
“We can only do what we are doing on the football pitch and transform the club.
“We are trying to create a positive attitude around the club and 99% of fans have been behind me and the football club and that’s what we need.
“We need them to come out in their numbers because the more people who can back the club, the more money there is to spend and the better you can enhance the football team.”

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/gaffer-hoping-to-continue-level-of-performance-against-peterborough-united-tomorrow-3436803.aspx#jHw2E9ArDa2VPpqS.99

Watched the interview. Didn't come across as a "prepared statement"

Me neither, but ya know... its the owtb forum isn't it.

Ok, ok, put your handbags down ladies. I realise I have had a go at your man crush but your adoration simply isnt reciprocated by him... such is life. Sheridan did a good job for us and it was mutually beneficial. His stature was given a new shine after doing good work here and he used it to take a higher paid job. Don't forget, prior to coming back to Latics Sheridan had taken the Newport job after wanting to move back North!? Which bit of this don't you agree with?

On Johnson, its hilarious people think we 'sold' him. Grow up. He wanted to leave in his quest to be a prem manager (which he may well achieve), we recieved compensation, there is a difference.

Newport's quite a bit further north than Plymouth, in fairness.

• 1 month later...

Two thoughts occur:

1/ Is this FL cash that is routinely paid to us, or some kind of emergency loan or aid?

2/ Squad as is for tomorrow - which means less Burgess and Ladapo. Is Erwin fit? Part of me would like to see players like Edmundson, Glackin, King, etc, given some time. Not because I think they'll save our season, but a Trophy game should be relatively less pressured.