Transfer embargo...

Worked out well for him didn't it. Grass isn't always greener... and seeing as we live in this cut throat capitalist world that we do, where it's ok to lead people to believe you won't p1ss off at the first opportunity and then do, you won't mind my saying I don't care about what he did last season as it's gone and I have no sympathy for him now. Fook him.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked out well for him didn't it. Grass isn't always greener... and seeing as we live in this cut throat capitalist world that we do, where it's ok to lead people to believe you won't p1ss off at the first opportunity and then do, you won't mind my saying I don't care about what he did last season as it's gone and I have no sympathy for him now. Fook him.

You are right the grass isn't always greener...but we are hardly inspiring people to be place worth being loyal too are we.

He was leaving one :censored: state of a job to go to another :censored: state of a job on significantly more money. He will have made more out of it plus his pay off than he was offered from us.

You are right the grass isn't always greener...but we are hardly inspiring people to be place worth being loyal too are we.

He was leaving one :censored: state of a job to go to another :censored: state of a job on significantly more money. He will have made more out of it plus his pay off than he was offered from us.

....more short termism.... he won't make more if he doesn't get another job....

If my missus :censored:s me off for a man with more money, when he's skint should I welcome her back? Lol

You mean the grass isn't always a bit less brown?

Of course he will get another job.

Whilst on balance, he should get another shot at management.... it's not certain he will. There are only 92 league jobs and many more out of work managers after jobs. His best chance should be Chesterfield right now after what he did with us last season.

However, he's 52 now, long in the tooth, not the young modern class room coach many look for. He was an abject failure at Notts, was at the basement of the basement division with Newport until we plucked him from obscurity partly because of nostalgia. Barring half a season with us, his recent record isn't great. He failed to promote one of the biggest sides in the bottom division & relegated Chesterfield. It's only really us who place him on a pedestal.

He had so much goodwill in the bank with us because of the wonders he worked last year & his history, but he threw it in our* faces.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

*the darker brown grass he perceived not good enough for him.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Whilst on balance, he should get another shot at management.... it's not certain he will. There are only 92 league jobs and many more out of work managers after jobs. His best chance should be Chesterfield right now after what he did with us last season.

However, he's 52 now, long in the tooth, not the young modern class room coach many look for. He was an abject failure at Notts, was at the basement of the basement division with Newport until we plucked him from obscurity partly because of nostalgia. Barring half a season with us, his recent record isn't great. He failed to promote one of the biggest sides in the bottom division & relegated Chesterfield. It's only really us who place him on a pedestal.

Yeah anyone can find the Matty Palmers and Holloways/Mains of the lower leagues-easy innit

Whilst on balance, he should get another shot at management.... it's not certain he will.

You make my point for me...that lack of certainty in the fickle world we know as football is exactly why he was right to take more money at Notts County. He knew full well it would only take a poor start to the next season to be under pressure and he would be on the dumpster again (like last time Corney did it) so he took the only 'certainty' of a higher paid contract at Notts County.

If the embargo is lifted we should look to get Connor Mahoney from Blackburn, very clever winger with a wand of a left foot. He's only 19 but is making the bench the last 4 games. Once he gets run in the Rovers team he won't be out of it and will move for big money.

He played well against us earlier in the season.

If the embargo is lifted we should look to get Connor Mahoney from Blackburn, very clever winger with a wand of a left foot. He's only 19 but is making the bench the last 4 games. Once he gets run in the Rovers team he won't be out of it and will move for big money.

He played well against us earlier in the season.

Ryan Colclough from Wigan would be ok.

Edited by BP1960

Yeah anyone can find the Matty Palmers and Holloways/Mains of the lower leagues-easy innit

....that easy, that he found some for Notts County too....

You make my point for me...that lack of certainty in the fickle world we know as football is exactly why he was right to take more money at Notts County. He knew full well it would only take a poor start to the next season to be under pressure and he would be on the dumpster again (like last time Corney did it) so he took the only 'certainty' of a higher paid contract at Notts County.

.....LOL, no I don't..... you're certain, I'm not. I guess you're right about his job choice though, had he stayed at Latics and been bottom of the league - he'd have been fired by Xmas just like Rob.......oh!

....that easy, that he found some for Notts County too....

.....LOL, no I don't..... you're certain, I'm not. I guess you're right about his job choice though, had he stayed at Latics and been bottom of the league - he'd have been fired by Xmas just like Rob.......oh!

I think if Shez had still been our manager at the start of the season we wouldn't be in this mess, we would have kept some of the players and wouldn't have needed to recruit the dregs.

As for having him back a number of us were discussing this before the Fleetwood game and suffice to say we were split down the middle.

He wouldn't receive the same reception that he got last year if he did return, too many are in the same boat as you Andy.

I think if Shez had still been our manager at the start of the season we wouldn't be in this mess....

Agreed..... and he wouldn't be out of work.... like even Robinson isn't [yet] out of work..... ergo Blue-Guru's assertion that he's better off for having left and been sacked [with a pay off] than he would've been had he stayed, I disagree with.

Embargo could be lifted next week, although Gerrard and Holloway could go elsewhere in the meantime according to tonights Chron, Erwin and McKay could have their loan deals cut short to 'increase wiggle room in the budget'.