Transfer embargo...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two thoughts occur:

1/ Is this FL cash that is routinely paid to us, or some kind of emergency loan or aid?

2/ Squad as is for tomorrow - which means less Burgess and Ladapo. Is Erwin fit? Part of me would like to see players like Edmundson, Glackin, King, etc, given some time. Not because I think they'll save our season, but a Trophy game should be relatively less pressured.

1. Very good question

2. Agree 100%

I'd add a third.

3. Is the delay cash flow related or because of the time it takes the FL to process (FWIW I think the FL just give permission again so no real process as such to lift the embargo)

I don't like sailing close to the wind, but it would be pointless getting players in just for the MakedUpReviews Trophy, but the next League game is a real concern.

Surely Gerrard is all but signed anyway though and will slot straight in if it happens.

Edited by singe

2/ Squad as is for tomorrow - which means less Burgess and Ladapo. Is Erwin fit? Part of me would like to see players like Edmundson, Glackin, King, etc, given some time. Not because I think they'll save our season, but a Trophy game should be relatively less pressured.

Not sure there's less pressure. Whether people like it or not, because of the enhanced prize money on offer from the League when they were buying support for the changes to to the competition, it now represents the only chance for the club to generate (relatively substantial) additional income.

1. Very good question2. Agree 100%I'd add a third.3. Is the delay cash flow related or because of the time it takes the FL to process (FWIW I think the FL just give permission again so no real process as such to lift the embargo)I don't like sailing close to the wind, but it would be pointless getting players in just for the MakedUpReviews Trophy, but the next League game is a real concern.Surely Gerrard is all but signed anyway though and will slot straight in if it happens.

MakedupReviews Trophy? Can we have a consensus on this? Nobody seems to care about it but suddenly discuss Sheridan's record and it attains parity with the Champions league

Just heard Robinson's interview on Latics Player. He said it's a registration embargo, not just a transfer embargo, so there was no option to extend Ladapo and Burgess as their original loan periods had ended. He did say though that Ladapo would not have been retained anyway and Burgess was 'a difficult one'.

He said he's been told the embargo will be lifted early next week and he will look to bring people in then. Also hinted that a season long loanee may be returning to his parent club once the embargo is lifted.

Yeah, FA rules on embargos don't have loopholes for loans or non-contract players...

"Embargo means a ban on a Club signing, re-signing, exercising an option to sign, extending a contract, converting a loan into a permanent transfer, converting a short term loan into a long term loan, loaning or seeking in any way to register a player whether on a contractual or non-contractual basis or as an amateur, trainee, academy, work experience or schoolboy associate..."

Just heard Robinson's interview on Latics Player. He said it's a registration embargo, not just a transfer embargo, so there was no option to extend Ladapo and Burgess as their original loan periods had ended. He did say though that Ladapo would not have been retained anyway and Burgess was 'a difficult one'.

He said he's been told the embargo will be lifted early next week and he will look to bring people in then. Also hinted that a season long loanee may be returning to his parent club once the embargo is lifted.

The local papers in Middlesbrough are speculating that Boro may recall Ripley from his loan, if Konstantopoulos leaves in this window.

MakedupReviews Trophy? Can we have a consensus on this? Nobody seems to care about it but suddenly discuss Sheridan's record and it attains parity with the Champions league

You can ask consensus from others, but at no point has this ever been an important competition this season by me. I'll be quite happy if we go out tomorrow. And that will include getting to Wembley.

Surely not his ace goal poacher McKay?

Edited by BP1960

Ripley nailed on, as Stevie alludes.

That wasn't really the way I interpreted it. From memory he phrased it something like "We've been talking to a couple of clubs about loanees potentially going back to create some room for manouvre" I doubt we'd be initiating those conversations about Ripley. I thought he was more likely refering to Erwin and/or McKay.

That's not to say Middlesboro won't recall Ripley and, as I understand it, there's nothing we can do about it if they choose to do that.

Yeh at the meet the manager night Mark Moisley def said that the second FL payment was due 1st Jan and any outstanding monies owed to clubs for loan / transfer/ticket monies would be deducted from it by the FL.

Probably still trying to work it out !!!!

Edited by losesome

No, I'm not guilty for f a t a lot. These are fecking obvious. Evans wanted Forest job, CLEARLY more money. People need to wake up to what footballers and managers are. They, rightly, go to the money. Sherudan doesn't give a flying :censored: about Latics. His loyalty and love is to Sheff Wed. Sheridan went to work with a mate who will have offered more, no other explanation for dropping a league to a club in worse financial shape than even we are. Karma is a bitch. County are in trouble, winding up orders and dropping down toward non league oblivion.

EDIT - Only just realised the post I quoted is a few months old

Literally don't understand any hate for Shez.....what did you want from him? He kept us up when we looked more doomed than we do now, he gave us a half season worth giving a :censored: about for the first time since 2009 or something. It was a bit of a kick in the teeth to see him go, but it was his personal choice just like it is ours to leave our places of work for somewhere else if any offer comes along.

The plight we find ourselves in isn't Shez' fault, it's the manager's and the people who put him there, people who have had enough experience in hiring manager's that they should be able to pick one who is at the very worst "alright". The board saw first hand the difference between hiring a no mark manager and an experienced one last year. It's beggars belief that they'd pull the same :censored: again this year and not learn from their mistakes, but after so many inept decisions, I guess it's not all that surprising.

Edited by PlayItLivo

EDIT - Only just realised the post I quoted is a few months old

Literally don't understand any hate for Shez.....what did you want from him? He kept us up when we looked more doomed than we do now, he gave us a half season worth giving a :censored: about for the first time since 2009 or something. It was a bit of a kick in the teeth to see him go, but it was his personal choice just like it is ours to leave our places of work for somewhere else if any offer comes along.

The plight we find ourselves in isn't Shez' fault, it's the manager's and the people who put him there, people who have had enough experience in hiring manager's that they should be able to pick one who is at the very worst "alright". The board saw first hand the difference between hiring a no mark manager and an experienced one last year. It's beggars belief that they'd pull the same :censored: again this year and not learn from their mistakes, but after so many inept decisions, I guess it's not all that surprising.

I agree