Wife/Partner Abuse

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

Not advocating this in its literal sense but I have used my assertiveness with the missus - she has now been persuaded to forego her Saturday bingo session and accompany me to Boundary Park against Peterborough and Southend. £20 pay on the day and I`m trying to "persuade" my daughter to do the same instead of going to The Trafford Centre.

If a lot of fans use this gentle, persuasive tactic then we could swell the attendance quite a bit and help the cash-flow?

P.S. could watching Latics at home actually be classed as abuse?!

Not advocating this in its literal sense but I have used my assertiveness with the missus - she has now been persuaded to forego her Saturday bingo session and accompany me to Boundary Park against Peterborough and Southend. £20 pay on the day and I`m trying to "persuade" my daughter to do the same instead of going to The Trafford Centre.

If a lot of fans use this gentle, persuasive tactic then we could swell the attendance quite a bit and help the cash-flow?

want the number of a good solicitor?

Sadist....my attempt to converted my united husband lasted about three seasons and a tatoo.

He hasn't been to BP for the last two seasons...thank god, as I usually have to pick him up at the pub as he's left early to drown his sorrows and it usually end so up with him asleep on the sofa before MOTD come on.

Edited by underdog

The Mrs' has been to see us twice in the last 12 months.

She'd probably rather I lamped her one than bring her to BP this Saturday.

Guest nonaenever

I think this is a great idea and will try to coax some of my entourage down to BP.

Won't be easy though, it's mainly Hudds/Villa in this family! :thumbsdown:

Good on ya piglin. If everyone pulls together fans CAN make a difference. I`ll make sure the wife and daughter enjoy it - they can have a Balti pie each! And just think if 500 regulars managed to get a partner and daughter/son/friend to accompany every now and then - that adds 1,000 to the attendance. Fans have the power - we just have to find a way to galvanise NOT divide the support.

Good on ya piglin. If everyone pulls together fans CAN make a difference. I`ll make sure the wife and daughter enjoy it - they can have a Balti pie each! And just think if 500 regulars managed to get a partner and daughter/son/friend to accompany every now and then - that adds 1,000 to the attendance. Fans have the power - we just have to find a way to galvanise NOT divide the support.

Bet you're paying for them though aren't you? lol

In 2007, I took Miss 24 to a game. It was the first time in 20 years I'd taken a lassie to a game. She's now Mrs 24, so it can't be all bad. (Mind you, she's been only once since.)

I thought you had been married 23 times previously when I read Mrs 24.

In 2007, I took Miss 24 to a game. It was the first time in 20 years I'd taken a lassie to a game. She's now Mrs 24, so it can't be all bad. (Mind you, she's been only once since.)

You married your daughter? This isn't Burnley you know.

Edited by Dave_Og

I admire your enthusiasm and determination nonae , but I've struggled in the past couple of years to get family and friends to come when I've had a spare ticket. Be near impossible for me to get them to get their hands in their pockets. A few seasons ago my dad gave me his season ticket for most of the season and I had mine , but I still sat on my Jack Jones for over half the games. It's a tough one in reality to improve attendances on a regular basis while we are so :censored:e

It's one of those weird coincidences. Her surname and mine are the same - but she's from the Sussex 24s who are not related to (or at least historically don't associate with) the Lancashire 24s.

If you say so, but if you have kids then get them mittens rather than gloves