Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he didn't and we are where we are. So the answer is get rid of Corney and chance it with administration??

Koukash would give us £300k tomorrow, would he?

Where did I suggest admin?

Where did I say koucash would hand over £300k?

I responded to your statements, you're trying to twist my responses.

Do you think that Corney is the only person in the world who could run the club?

But being close to tears and feeling that the club is in terminal decline doesn't come about by having a manager you don't rate, four months in. It runs a lot deeper than that.

Absolutely spot on.

I can accept defeat to a non-league team and the piss taking that comes with it - I watched with a few non-Latics mates and I obviously got that - but it's deeper than just this defeat. The club's name is associated with more bleakness than a cup upset alone.

The management carousel, the calamitous PR of past years, the stagnation, transfer embargoes, winding-up orders all wear your name down so much more than a single defeat to a non-league side ever could. Most fans just want a bit of pride in the club, because, frankly, saying you're an Oldham fan at present is something you're reticent to announce, and it shouldn't be that way...

Edited by NewBlue

Where did I suggest admin?

Where did I say koucash would hand over £300k?

I responded to your statements, you're trying to twist my responses.

Do you think that Corney is the only person in the world who could run the club?

You didn't suggest administration - I did in my original post, which I thought you were responding to.

And sure, there probably are other people in the world who could run the club and who would definitely do it better than Corney (Right??), but some people seem more bothered about shifting Corney out than the plan that follows.

Maybe all those willing to invest should instead pool their money and advertise the club for sale themselves. After all the current owners responded to an advert in the financial times. Might spark some media publicity too and get us some positive coverage for once

You're fighting a losing battle.

Half the morons on here want us to be relegated to say I told you so.

They want us in administration or completely out of business just for some excitement.

They want the fans to buy the club thinking that between us all we would somehow have the cash to compete at the top end of the division against clubs that spend millions

They think that we're the worst run club in the football league

Not one of them has any idea what they want apart from Corney out. No idea what would happen to the club.

They want us to "increase the pressure to sell" despite Corney already trying his best to sell

In summary a lot of people on here chat absolute balls and have no idea about anything

That's allot of assumptions and some quite silly ones to be frank.

The club has been for sale for 6 years between Corney Blitz and Gazal they own the land, the club, the OEC and all the debt they have plenty of room to bargain with if they are prepared to negotiate.

I along with most others now want them to sell up and be gone and new owners and a new board to come in. They have apparently been trying to sell the club since 2010 apparently Someone or some people in that time will have come forward who would have been bad for the club no doubt, but someone will have been serious and would have breathed new life into the club.

Between them they are not doing enough to move the club on and their involvement is now having a stranglehold on the club that people on here care about.

We can't go on like this and yes people can go over the top about things on here but dismissing their concerns is pretty ignorant considering the situation we are in right now.

They want us in administration or completely out of business just for some excitement.

They want the fans to buy the club thinking that between us all we would somehow have the cash to compete at the top end of the division against clubs that spend millions

Not one of them has any idea what they want apart from Corney out. No idea what would happen to the club.

They want us to "increase the pressure to sell" despite Corney already trying his best to sell

In summary a lot of people on here chat absolute balls and have no idea about anything

Very rich of you to say that others have no idea about anything.

I would much rather be positive about the club and the people running it and I agree that some fans spout vitriol about a range of issues including Corney that are harsh and without a realistic solution to make things better, but there are some serious questions that need to be asked of Corney and the way he is running the club and I do not blame posters being highly scepital about the path he is leading us on.

You provide about as much of an argument as the people as the posters with the polar opposite view from you do. Which is fine but calling them morons is not really fair when their opinion, while flawed, is valid.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

That's allot of assumptions and some quite silly ones to be frank.

The club has been for sale for 6 years between Corney Blitz and Gazal they own the land, the club, the OEC and all the debt they have plenty of room to bargain with if they are prepared to negotiate.

I along with most others now want them to sell up and be gone and new owners and a new board to come in. They have apparently been trying to sell the club since 2010 apparently Someone or some people in that time will have come forward who would have been bad for the club no doubt, but someone will have been serious and would have breathed new life into the club.

Between them they are not doing enough to move the club on and their involvement is now having a stranglehold on the club that people on here care about.

We can't go on like this and yes people can go over the top about things on here but dismissing their concerns is pretty ignorant considering the situation we are in right now.

Which are the assumptions? Referring to those saying they'd have us relegated or in administration are things that can be found in what people have actually said on here

Which are the assumptions? Referring to those saying they'd have us relegated or in administration are things that can be found in what people have actually said on here

I personally think that relegation would not be as disastrous as some think. No way that we can know until it happens of course.

Definitely not the same as wanting us to be relegated though.

I agree that anyone wanting us to officially be in administration needs to have a big rethink.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Pretty much all of it.

I'm pretty sure if we did a poll right now atleast half wouldn't want us relegated, or go into administration or buy the club or think that Corney is trying his best to sell the club. Just because 1 or 2 might have said it.

Can you see things getting better with Corney Blitz and Gazal calling the shots right now? because the overwelming evidence now suggests it won't.

It looks like Chesterfield are in just as much of a mess as we are. No wonder we are the bottom two.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/priority-is-to-avoid-administration-says-optimistic-carson-1-8277648

That is probably what would happen if Corney left suddenly at this stage like Allen did. Even more reason why we need to have things in place from whatever source we can ASAP.

Say Corney was right in his interview and he does have to find £300k to pay a bill for the club. Like Corney or loath him - who else in the world would be able find that sort of cash and be willing to pay off a debt for Oldham Athletic?

:censored:ING HELL!

209_zps726db95f.gif

It's not a "debt" it's a bill. And we'll have to pay the same bill at the same time next year for a similar amount. Just like we had to last year, and the year before....

It's his business and his poor running of his business that's resulted in him not being able to cover this expense/bill in the manner a business would normally do so.

You talk as if he's some random bloke coughing up £300k for us out of kindness.

If we were still getting 6,000 crowds rather than 3,500 as a result of his continued bad decision making the bill would actually be even bigger but would be paid on time as a matter of course from normal club income as it would with any other stable business.

Edited by HarryBosch

Wanting administration or relegation is very different to not being scared about the potential consequences of it. Don't confuse the two. Relegation and admin are fraught with risk and danger but any fan can see that keeping us in this division is not something to be pursued at all costs. It is not the holy grail for heavens sake and whilst we continue to treat it as such, the club and fans are losing out in so many more ways.

The lack of charm, character and soul within the football club and the negativity around everything OAFC causes me much more saddest than would be caused by seeing us play the likes of Barrow every week. I would rather we focused our efforts on returning some of the love around the place. Why has our north stand not got a name, why has it not been officially opened, why were the flags removed from the Rochdale Road end, why has the north stand not got any signage on it that defines it as part of OAFC.

Where's the people saying we should go out of business?

You're completely bankrupt, claiming to call out liars but repeatedly to posting your own speculation as if its fact.

You call others morons, know nothings and all sorts of other nonsense but you're far more of a bull:censored:ter and have no moral compass.

You've lost the plot with the way you refer to others. It begs the question of why you defend Corney so vehemently?

Wanting administration or relegation is very different to not being scared about the potential consequences of it. Don't confuse the two. Relegation and admin are fraught with risk and danger but any fan can see that keeping us in this division is not something to be pursued at all costs. It is not the holy grail for heavens sake and whilst we continue to treat it as such, the club and fans are losing out in so many more ways.

While there are multiple reasons people are pissed off the main one is the fact we haven't been promoted from this league for over 20 years and haven't had more than the odd month or two of looking like we might for most of those 20 years.

Put simply - people are sick of us being :censored:. Yet you think us getting even more :censored: is a potential solution?

The lack of charm, character and soul within the football club and the negativity around everything OAFC causes me much more saddest than would be caused by seeing us play the likes of Barrow every week. I would rather we focused our efforts on returning some of the love around the place. Why has our north stand not got a name, why has it not been officially opened, why were the flags removed from the Rochdale Road end, why has the north stand not got any signage on it that defines it as part of OAFC.

My supporting of a football club seems to be a very different thing to yours....

Where's the people saying we should go out of business?

You're completely bankrupt, claiming to call out liars but repeatedly to posting your own speculation as if its fact.

You call others morons, know nothings and all sorts of other nonsense but you're far more of a bull:censored:ter and have no moral compass.

You've lost the plot with the way you refer to others. It begs the question of why you defend Corney so vehemently?

I will defend him until someone comes up with an actual solution.

If someone said there is a buyer here who can take us to the next level and SC refuses to sell I'll call him out.

Till then he's doing the best he can.

There are enough people on here who seem think relegation and administration would be beneficial in some way. Administration would ensure relegation.

Us being in League 2 would not help anything. Our income would be further reduced.

My supporting of a football club seems to be a very different thing to yours....

I liked what Mike Keegan said on that radio show with Jimmy Wagg, that these days it doesn't feel like all efforts at the club go towards the match on Saturday. There's too many distractions.

A bit of life about the place like Andy says wouldn't go amiss though, would it? The detachment between club and supporters is massive. Look at Hull - they had a successful season last year yet fans were still upset with many facets of the club. Football is definitely about more than just winning, as much as it's massively significant. While we're :censored: why not try to improve things in little ways?

Clearly it is Harry Bosch. Which begs the question, why do you support OAFC then? Cos you love the club I suspect. That means you fell for its charm not its success on the pitch. Don't you want some of that charm to return? Is achieving the highest possible league position (which is seemingly 16th in League 1 for us) the absolute priority which trumps everything else? If it is, then you are going to be unfulfilled for many years to come.

Wake up man, we're in dire straits here and you're defending the indefensible.

I've supported this club for 30 years and can't remember us being in such a rotten position. When we nearly went bust the fans as a collective had a common goal to see us through the :censored:-storm. Now we argue between ourselves over every aspect of the club because we've been trained to do so.

You know what? Corney and Co may not be guilty of all the crimes mentioned on here, but there's only so much you can get away with before you get a reputation. Keep spitting on the cupcakes and calling it frosting and sooner or later you get found out. Do you honestly trust any of the stakeholders involved? Do you believe that they've simply been dealt a bad hand? Do you believe that they've got the club's best interests at heart?

Frankly, I wouldn't trust them if they told me which day of the week it was.

I will defend him until someone comes up with an actual solution.

If someone said there is a buyer here who can take us to the next level and SC refuses to sell I'll call him out.

Till then he's doing the best he can.

There are enough people on here who seem think relegation and administration would be beneficial in some way. Administration would ensure relegation.

Us being in League 2 would not help anything. Our income would be further reduced.

You didn't answer the question. Another misplaced assertion, or to put it very simply a lie.

Corney's trying to sell the club just like I'm trying to sell the right to live in a terraced house in shaw, without owning it, but paying all bills and liabilities including mortgage, taxes and utilities. And I wwant the cost of numerous failed improvements. A snip at £500k.

Quite simply, you can sell anything, as fast as you like, but only if the price is attractive. He wants more than it's worth, and that's the only thing he's trying to achieve.