Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

Isn't the issue at Charlton that the owners are running the club into the ground from afar, don't turn up to games, don't engage with fans and generally seem to not give a :censored:? I don't think we can accuse Corney of these things, especially the last two.

Not up to speed on the Blackpool situation, but isn't the gist that the fans want to know what's happened to the millions raised during the Premiership years? They've dropped three divisions - that's some decline.

Whatever the reasons, things must be pretty bad to want to risk going bust as long as the owners leave and I don't believe we should be thinking in those terms...yet.

Maybe we will see the days return when directors were from all from local businesses, you'd think we could find half a dozen local investors to form a consortium.

In the Chron today one local business featured was in the multi billion bracket.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting speculation as fact mc-liar.

Did you read Corney's promises of a stadium to be proud of? Unfinished, unfunded, failing to wipe its own feet.

Anything to say on Corney? Your little love?

Did he promise when by? As far as I'm concerned we're close to having one stand of that completely up and running

He wanted to move somewhere else, Corneys words not Koukash, it makes no mention of a stadium in Salford in that article.

Koukash, a successful racehorse trainer, saved Salford from financial ruin in January and has changing their name from Salford City Reds.

In addition, he has published ambitious plans to develop the area around the AJ Bell Stadium, formerly known as the Salford City Stadium

Koukash, a successful racehorse trainer, saved Salford from financial ruin in January and has changing their name from Salford City Reds.

In addition, he has published ambitious plans to develop the area around the AJ Bell Stadium, formerly known as the Salford City Stadium

We speculating again? "In addition, he has published ambitious plans to develop the area around the AJ Bell Stadium, formerly known as the Salford City Stadium." Pick out in that sentence where it makes clear he wanted to move Oldham Atheltic to Salford? You cant simply assume because plans had been published for an development, nowhere does it suggest we was part of that development.

The press very neatly included it to give the impression that was the case, when there is no actual proof of it at all

Guest nonaenever

Just one point to bear in mind regarding the "Corney v Robbo" debate that has cropped up either here or on other threads (I can't be arsed checking).

Robbo wanted ​Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo - these weren't players "tossed on the scrap heap" that he simply had to sign to make up numbers. They were signed on the basis of Robbo's judgement that they would score goals for us. An awful lot of people were agreeing with that on here initially (particularly the exciting potential link between Erwin and Mckay that many "saw").

Ultimately, it was Robbo's judgement - does anybody think those 3 players have really delivered? Really ?

The Chairman backed the manager's judgement - and backed it with budget for their wages. It's not worked that's not the Chairman's fault - he backed his manager's judgement.

Also, look at Fane - a raw talent who has regressed under Robbo (i.e. stopped those lung busting FORWARD runs we saw from him initially) - look at Dummigan - a shadow of the player he was - another regressing under Robbo. Reckord - well, enough said.

That's my personal reason for currently calling for a change of manager (and I hate the management carousel but we need it - yes again) rather than a change of Chairman.

We need to turn it around - it's almost an exact repeat of Dunn/Sheridan again.

Just one point to bear in mind regarding the "Corney v Robbo" debate that has cropped up either here or on other threads (I can't be arsed checking).

Robbo wanted ​Erwin, Mckay and Ladapo - these weren't players "tossed on the scrap heap" that he simply had to sign to make up numbers. They were signed on the basis of Robbo's judgement that they would score goals for us. An awful lot of people were agreeing with that on here initially (particularly the exciting potential link between Erwin and Mckay that many "saw").

Ultimately, it was Robbo's judgement - does anybody think those 3 players have really delivered? Really ?

The Chairman backed the manager's judgement - and backed it with budget for their wages. It's not worked that's not the Chairman's fault - he backed his manager's judgement.

Also, look at Fane - a raw talent who has regressed under Robbo (i.e. stopped those lung busting FORWARD runs we saw from him initially) - look at Dummigan - a shadow of the player he was - another regressing under Robbo. Reckord - well, enough said.

That's my personal reason for currently calling for a change of manager (and I hate the management carousel but we need it - yes again) rather than a change of Chairman.

But did Robinson sign them on his Chief Scouts recommendation?, the one no longer with us.

Managers have signed players they have never seen, Alex Ferguson and Terry Venables famously.

Edited by BP1960

Wow, total turnaround of a thread..hahah

I am sure you can ask the chairman to confirm this as well as who negotiated the deals and if we have keeping on top of the Payments too

By the way has a date been set yet with regards to the meet and who is going to attend?

Edited by underdog

Guest nonaenever

Wow, total turnaround of a thread..hahah

I am sure you can ask the chairman to confirm this as well as who negotiated the deals and if we have keeping on top of the Payments too

By the way has a date been set yet with regards to the meet and who is going to attend?

I know - sorry - I`m lonely drinking in a hotel again in Coventry - and have lost track of everything. I`ll update sensibly once fully sober - apologies :drinking45:

I know - sorry - I`m lonely drinking in a hotel again in Coventry - and have lost track of everything. I`ll update sensibly once fully sober - apologies :drinking45:

I heard of people being sent to Coventy but drinking in the place at the same time? Wow...you reaaaalllyy must have pissed someone off...hahah

Why did he build a stand when we are and where loss making? He must of known it would take years and years to recoup that outlay. Conversely if he built it to make us a better proposition to sell, he must of known the football side had to be in some sort of stability/sign of promise to sell it. Surely they go hand in hand?

I can't get my head around the fact, that if your in for 10/15 mill over ten years, why on earth do you add 6 mill on top of that? They might be a lot of things, but their not stupid. Why didn't they cut their losses 3/4 years ago, with money back from the houses and the dialysis unit, surely they'll end up taking a bigger hit now, next year, or whenever they sell.

What am I missing?