Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

Wait, so £2.5m for basically nothing?

And 'guaranteeing NS income arrangement'?

I don't think you have quite understood what Simon just said to you. He pretty much confirmed it would cost around £20m to buy the club.

The way I read it,what he's offering is effectively a settlement on the clubs debts to Blitz etc of £2.5m, so roughly circa 25%.

But Blitz would retain ownership of the ground, surrounding land and physical assets.

As these are not included in such a sale we have no real idea what they're looking for, for the whole package.

It neither confirms or denies the £24m figure.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Projected income at the moment from the North Stand to the club is circa £200-£300k per annum.

That's revenue, not profit, right? That's not a lot of money - 2,000 season tickets at £150 gets you £300k.

the proposition at least throws light on the club's "valuation" to dispel a lot of myths.

As others have said, that's bollocks. Firstly it doesn't include everything. Secondly it's an offer to fans - not to an outside investor. Knowing someone is interested who has a lot of cash, would the asking price increase? Smoke and mirrors as always.

Why don't you go and ask him

Almost every response has queried the finances in the conversation. It's flattering that you think mine is most worthy of attention but I think it's best to let nnn lead on this.

Very fair point, BP1960 - 40years in my case. But it's just a failing business at the moment and there is no knight in shining armour around the corner.

At a guess, the next 10 years are going to be very, very hard for everybody. I'm tired of labels - be it "Up Corney's arse" or "Negative :censored:e". Can we just be objective and discuss realistic

options?

What's a failing business? Brassbank certainly isn't....does anybody on here not think the TTA are not in pocket over the land deals, the car parks , the hospital building etc. When they took over the club had the asset of the buy back clause of land. What assets are now owned by Oldham Athletic...we even pay rent to play on our " own " pitch

Can you ask Corney if he still feels that when he leaves this club it will be in better shape than when he joined as promised numerous times?

With the land sold etc etc etc how can he say yes?

think you have answered your own question

Because you'll just sit on here spouting like the rest

Unlike you ranting at anyone you don't agree with like a petulant 10 year old who's learned a few swear words.

I've sent my thoughts to nnn and I don't know why you think people are not entitled to express views and debate on a forum without attending a few meetings. You seem to be a bit obsessed about it.

Can you ask Corney if he still feels that when he leaves this club it will be in better shape than when he joined as promised numerous times?

With the land sold etc etc etc how can he say yes?

To be fair the land wasn't the club's, although TTA did use the buy-back clause which only the club had access to, but switched the purchase into Brassbank.

The receipts for the medical facility, hospital parking, housebuilding etc could well have given Brassbank a decent return, but it's an unknown.

Edited by real

You've read it wrong.

OK. So please do share the benefit of your wisdom and explain how what he told NNN confirms that he wants £20 million for the whole thing?

All he says is that he'll sell 75% of the club for 2.5 million and write off the clubs debts to Blitz in doing so. We know the club doesn't own the ground or land so has limited assets and that he'd want a substantial amount extra for that but how do we know it's £20 million?

Early days I know but what a great start

What an offer, to allow our Supporters to buy a 75% interest in our Club

Course we will need more details but you can put me down for £5,000

Can you explain exactly what you will get for your £5,000 though?

Unlike you ranting at anyone you don't agree with like a petulant 10 year old who's learned a few swear words.

I've sent my thoughts to nnn and I don't know why you think people are not entitled to express views and debate on a forum without attending a few meetings. You seem to be a bit obsessed about it.

It's the ones who post :censored: as fact with zero proof that annoy me most

Big balls up by the council, that.

There's nothing the council could have done about it. The club was controlled by Corney, Blitz and Gazal, who exercised the club's right to buy back the land. What 'the club' does with it after that, such as transferring/selling it to someone else, is completely outside of the council's control.

Can you explain exactly what you will get for your £5,000 though?

Assuming 500 other people took up this offer and Corney was true to his word regarding giving 75% away

A 0.0015% stake in Oldham Athletic Simon Corney would get you're £5000 you will get a 0.0015% of any dividends that the club pays out in profit which would only be a certain % of that profit and bearing in mind it's a lower league football club that never makes a profit that looks highly unlikely you will ever see you're £5000 again until someone bought it off you.

I'm not sure how serious that offer from Corney was he may have been talking hypothetically but I'd be amazed if people were mad enough to do this basically you would be giving him £5000.

It's a no from me.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Assuming 500 other people took up this offer and Corney was true to his word regarding giving 75% away

A 0.0015% stake in Oldham Athletic Simon Corney would get you're £5000 you will get a 0.0015% of any dividends that the club pays out in profit which would only be a certain % of that profit and bearing in mind it's a lower league football club that never makes a profit that looks highly unlikely you will ever see you're £5000 again until someone bought it off you.

I'm not sure how serious but that offer from Corney was he may have been talking hypothetically but I'd be amazed if people were mad enough to do this basically you would be giving him £5000.

It's a no from me.

I'd agree with that. He's basically offering to write off past year losses (which should be written off anyway as the debt hasn't built any improved performance) and then sell for £2.5m something he/his partners paid £1 for and have managed to halve the number of paying customers. He'd retain all assets and in doing so would limit any scope for progress.

We'd be in the same situation Stockport were with Kennedy.