Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

I wouldn't I would go watch Glossop North end who are on the up the beer and pies are better and it's less travel.

I don't get why people would contemplate this it would be a decade before we got back to the football league possibly longer. I want Oldham Athletic to play as high up as possible. I'd rather take the chance of clinging onto league 1 football and that Corney Blitz and Gazal sell up within the next few years and someone comes in and turns it around.

I went to Glossop when our game was called off the other week. Couldn't believe the pie selection.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Glossop when our game was called off the other week. Couldn't believe the pie selection.

Local award winning butchers mettricks does them. Plus their is Howard town ale in the club house and the friendship serves a good selection pre match pints and with Glossop on the up and continued stagnation and apathy at Latics its beginning to look more and more tempting by the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Local award winning butchers mettricks does them. Plus their is Howard town ale in the club house and the friendship serves a good selection pre match pints and with Glossop on the up and continued stagnation and apathy at Latics its beginning to look more and more tempting by the week.

Glory hunter..

Guest nonaenever

Please see the thread - "OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" regarding a provisional date for an Oldham town centre meeting venue before the Port Vale home game on 2nd January 2017 12 noon - 2pm to discuss this and other matters amongst fans.

Guest nonaenever

UPDATE :

Pleased to report that the Chairman has been in touch and confirmed that he is happy to proceed with this "televised" as promised. He is aware that it will be just one fan acting as a conduit to ask the questions on behalf of everyone (unless DPWild still wants to come along as well - not heard for a while?).

To re-cap, over 100 questions were emailed to me and I have de-duplicated them and whittled them down to circa 20; being the most pertinent ones. I am meeting with the Chairman in the very near future to finalise the date for "the interview". I`ll update on here when anything further to report.

Thanks again to all who contributed and it will be good to finalise this. We can then concentrate on the other matter regarding whether to start up an independent fans' group (looking into a meeting in a pub close to BP on 14th Jan - before Gillingham home game).

Merry Christmas to all.

UPDATE :

Pleased to report that the Chairman has been in touch and confirmed that he is happy to proceed with this "televised" as promised. He is aware that it will be just one fan acting as a conduit to ask the questions on behalf of everyone (unless DPWild still wants to come along as well - not heard for a while?).

To re-cap, over 100 questions were emailed to me and I have de-duplicated them and whittled them down to circa 20; being the most pertinent ones. I am meeting with the Chairman in the very near future to finalise the date for "the interview". I`ll update on here when anything further to report.

Thanks again to all who contributed and it will be good to finalise this. We can then concentrate on the other matter regarding whether to start up an independent fans' group (looking into a meeting in a pub close to BP on 14th Jan - before Gillingham home game).

Merry Christmas to all.

Which pub?

UPDATE :

Merry Christmas to all.

Hardly going to be the 'Frost - Nixon' interview it was going to be a few weeks ago. In his drawing room with a nice bottle?

In all seriousness, you've had a bit of a change of heart in terms of your thinking. I just hope, as the independent fans' rep, the questions asked will be true and you perservere to try and get an actual answer.

Good luck with it.

Guest nonaenever

Which pub?

I need to speak to a mate of mine who runs it first - not had chance yet due to "silly season" - will post details on here in plenty of time - also have a back-up venue if that doesn't work out.

Guest nonaenever

Hardly going to be the 'Frost - Nixon' interview it was going to be a few weeks ago. In his drawing room with a nice bottle?

In all seriousness, you've had a bit of a change of heart in terms of your thinking. I just hope, as the independent fans' rep, the questions asked will be true and you perservere to try and get an actual answer.

Good luck with it.

longtime - the Chairman's original offer was for the persistent detractors to go and meet him; and that interview to be filmed (therefore indelibly recorded) for all to view and see for themselves what was said. That can't now happen because none of them were willing or able to attend. Nevertheless, the Chairman is still willing to do this - I certainly appreciate that. As I`ve always said, this ain't about me, it's about the fans - but I am quite happy to act as a conduit and ask the questions. Have no worries; the questions will be searching and anyone that knows me (which I appreciate you don't) will know that 1) I never "brown nose" and 2) am quite astute at extracting the truth and/or sniffing out bull manure.

Can I just say as well - I would much rather not do this - I shy away from any form of publicity normally (this is my first time ever on a message board and you won't find me on facebook or twitter etc. - I am a private person) BUT just feel that somebody, somewhere has to do something to try and help from a fans' perspective.

Hope that puts your mind at rest and thank you for the "good luck" - I`ll probably need it !

longtime - the Chairman's original offer was for the persistent detractors to go and meet him; and that interview to be filmed (therefore indelibly recorded) for all to view and see for themselves what was said. That can't now happen because none of them were willing or able to attend. Nevertheless, the Chairman is still willing to do this - I certainly appreciate that. As I`ve always said, this ain't about me, it's about the fans - but I am quite happy to act as a conduit and ask the questions. Have no worries; the questions will be searching and anyone that knows me (which I appreciate you don't) will know that 1) I never "brown nose" and 2) am quite astute at extracting the truth and/or sniffing out bull manure.

Can I just say as well - I would much rather not do this - I shy away from any form of publicity normally (this is my first time ever on a message board and you won't find me on facebook or twitter etc. - I am a private person) BUT just feel that somebody, somewhere has to do something to try and help from a fans' perspective.

Hope that puts your mind at rest and thank you for the "good luck" - I`ll probably need it !

The detractors' reasons for not taking the offer up are understandable. We could all probably guess the vague answers to the majority of questions. If you've got the number down to 20, I've no doubt they're going to include the important ones that people want a yes, no or monetary amount answer to. Here's hoping we get some answers.

Despite the flippant comments before, I am glad and appreciative you've taken this up. This club's at the lowest ebb it has been in my lifetime. Despite all the 'unfortunate circumstances', Corney's played a big role in that. Get him badgered!!

Best of luck with the questions. I would be happy to attend a meeting.

In principle I think that we should work towards agreeing a set of guidelines that we expect the current custodians of the

club to work within and how we as supporters behave towards the club. The aim of this would be to build bridges between supporters and the club.

and regain respect between the supporters and all aspects of the club.

Things like players involvement in the local community, retaining a core team of players each year (stop the revolving door),promoting home grown youth,

player/supporter liaison,getting the supporters bar opened. etc.etc.

I need to speak to a mate of mine who runs it first - not had chance yet due to "silly season" - will post details on here in plenty of time - also have a back-up venue if that doesn't work out.

I run The Dog & Partridge up in Springhead. You can happily hold it there if you like.

Guest nonaenever

I run The Dog & Partridge up in Springhead. You can happily hold it there if you like.

oafc1000 Thank you very much for that offer. The initial fans' meeting I was looking to set up was in the centre of Oldham at 11am or 12 noon on the home match day 2nd Jan - but quite a few people said they would not travel there on a match day and would rather attend a venue closer to the ground. I`m therefore exploring before the home match with Gillingham on 14th Jan at a Royton pub not too far from the ground. Thanks again though - appreciated.

In the meantime, we can concentrate on getting the "questions for the Chairman" boxed off.

Guest nonaenever

Best of luck with the questions. I would be happy to attend a meeting.

In principle I think that we should work towards agreeing a set of guidelines that we expect the current custodians of the

club to work within and how we as supporters behave towards the club. The aim of this would be to build bridges between supporters and the club.

and regain respect between the supporters and all aspects of the club.

Things like players involvement in the local community, retaining a core team of players each year (stop the revolving door),promoting home grown youth,

player/supporter liaison,getting the supporters bar opened. etc.etc.

Thanks laticsmarra - yes your approach is exactly what was envisaged as per the thread "OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" - I have sent you a message in your inbox, as well as one to mcfluff, who has also expressed an interest in coming along to interview the Chairman.

Hi can you just Comfirm are the question being asked will Corney be having a look at them beforehand or will they be put to him on the Spot?

I confess I've only just got into this thread. To summarise: there's an offer from Corney to answer fans' questions on camera, thereby scaring the wits out of anyone who might want the kind of answers you can get only under Chatham House rules, which means anyone who wants to ask challenging questions about the absolute state we're in.

This offer is withdrawn, re-made, withdrawn, re-made and so on.

I have but a couple of questions for NNN. When did you decide that questions about Corney weren't helpful, when most people are asking questions only about Corney? And since when was Corney "The Chairman" rather than just "Corney"?

I reckon you'd get plenty more takers under Chatham House rules - or at least we'd get the answers we're looking for, however horrific, if you ask the questions off camera. Just a thought.

Edit: second question had no qn mark at the end.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill