Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koukash, a successful racehorse trainer, saved Salford from financial ruin in January and has changing their name from Salford City Reds.

In addition, he has published ambitious plans to develop the area around the AJ Bell Stadium, formerly known as the Salford City Stadium

well considering peel holdings own all the land around the stadium it will soon be boxed in by the new bypass that's under construction ( only delayed by the lift bridge collapse ) by the new railway line that's going to run across the otherside of the stadium to serve the inland port freight liner terminal he might struggle a little seem to remember theTTA publishing ambitious plans for boundary park and at Failsworth and we all know what happend there once they hit the local planning committee

So it was me that brought Koukash to dispute a comment McFluff posted - I think we can all agree he wouldn't have been an ideal owner but the initial point wass Corney, a man trying to sell the club, refused to sell to someone.....I don't want him making decisions on who can and can't buy the club. If someone is willing to pay what he wants, its none of his business what happens to us afterwards.

Edited by Fruitygoo

So it was me that brought Koukash to dispute a comment McFluff posted - I think we can all agree he wouldn't have been an ideal owner but the initial point wass Corney, a man trying to sell the club, refused to sell to someone.....I don't want him making decisions on who can and can't buy the club. If someone is willing to pay what he wants, its none of his business what happens to us afterwards.

Corney saying he will only sell to someone who can take the club forward is complete and utter horse :censored:, if someone offers him somewhere close to wants he will sell, the reason he has not sold the club is he is asking to much everything has a price, i do wish he would stop talking utter claptrap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

OK, let's say Corney had said the £300k was for a broken floodlight that needed to be fixed - an unexpected bill.

Who picks that up? Corney.

Who picks that bill up if some posters on here get their way and Corney leaves? No one and the club moves even closer to insolvency. Is that a better position to be in?

A change of ownership is probably needed - we all agree on that - but people have to pick their battles. Corney wants out, a lot of noisy fans on here seem to want him out, but I just don't see the benefit in demanding his removal.

You think Corney pulls £300k out his back pocket and puts it into the club? He doesn't have the kind of money to do that. Never has.

There's still a charge of nearly that much against the club, remember.

Koukash has well over 100 horses in training, that's quite a significant amount and would cost him at least a couple of million a year to keep, in the last 10 years he's won over 6 million in prize money and is reputed to be the biggest owner in the UK, begs the question why Corney didn't see him fit to take on 22 donkeys.

Wanting administration or relegation is very different to not being scared about the potential consequences of it. Don't confuse the two. Relegation and admin are fraught with risk and danger but any fan can see that keeping us in this division is not something to be pursued at all costs. It is not the holy grail for heavens sake and whilst we continue to treat it as such, the club and fans are losing out in so many more ways.

The lack of charm, character and soul within the football club and the negativity around everything OAFC causes me much more saddest than would be caused by seeing us play the likes of Barrow every week. I would rather we focused our efforts on returning some of the love around the place. Why has our north stand not got a name, why has it not been officially opened, why were the flags removed from the Rochdale Road end, why has the north stand not got any signage on it that defines it as part of OAFC.

After reading through this topic, was just wondering if it got to the stage that the club had to reform I.e like Wimbledon and Chester, would the stay aways from Corney come back? and would current attendees be content if we had to start from the bottom of the pyramid?

Im that disillusioned at the moment im beginning to wonder what it would be like if it came to starting from scratch and try and rebuild. Must admit I'm extremely intrigued by it because im bored rigid of how it is currently, and the only think keeping me going currently is a good drink and random away trip weekends with the lads

After reading through this topic, was just wondering if it got to the stage that the club had to reform I.e like Wimbledon and Chester, would the stay aways from Corney come back? and would current attendees be content if we had to start from the bottom of the pyramid?

Im that disillusioned at the moment im beginning to wonder what it would be like if it came to starting from scratch and try and rebuild. Must admit I'm extremely intrigued by it because im bored rigid of how it is currently, and the only think keeping me going currently is a good drink and random away trip weekends with the lads

Never understood how anyone could want this......

The stay aways are never coming back until we get promoted!

But who is he to say what a future owner should and shouldnt do... Yes you can buy the club but.....

Of course nobody wants to move to salford but the point im making is that people have been interested. How many others have been put off due to demands? None? Who knows...

I used to trust his judgement to decide who was right for us.. Now i dont.... Appalling decisions recently have seen to that lack of confidence

This is exactly my view point as well. If somebody comes in with the cash the offer should be accepted if Corney wants out as he keeps saying he does. What gives a bloke who makes an absolute balls up of nearly every decision he makes and has slowly crippled the club and basically put us in a position where a potential buyer actually has nothing left to buy the right to say if a potential new owner is the right person to buy the club.

This is exactly my view point as well. If somebody comes in with the cash the offer should be accepted if Corney wants out as he keeps saying he does. What gives a bloke who makes an absolute balls up of nearly every decision he makes and has slowly crippled the club and basically put us in a position where a potential buyer actually has nothing left to buy the right to say if a potential new owner is the right person to buy the club.

Is it possible that he quite likes the club?

I too am intrigued Palmer 1 and don't for a second think crowds would drop any further than they have. If you went to bp on a sat and asked every fan if they would still go if we started again from the bottom, I think you'd struggle to find anyone would who say that they wouldn't.

I too am intrigued Palmer 1 and don't for a second think crowds would drop any further than they have. If you went to bp on a sat and asked every fan if they would still go if we started again from the bottom, I think you'd struggle to find anyone would who say that they wouldn't.

I wouldn't I would go watch Glossop North end who are on the up the beer and pies are better and it's less travel.

I don't get why people would contemplate this it would be a decade before we got back to the football league possibly longer. I want Oldham Athletic to play as high up as possible. I'd rather take the chance of clinging onto league 1 football and that Corney Blitz and Gazal sell up within the next few years and someone comes in and turns it around.