Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

Will you ask him if he's been on the phone to Jose Baxter to see if he fancies a kick around. I'm sure his ban is up. Even with minimal training he would still be a footballing asset! He seemed to like it here where he seemed to balls everything up everywhere else he went!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you use a clipboard? :grin:

lol..Yes, I will need to sort the seating arrangements. I suggest 4-4-2, with Monty Burns and Senor Coconut up front. Tactically it will be an attacking formation with a shoot on sight policy.

We must be tight at the back though and be careful not to concede any own goals.

Red cards will miss the next 3 meetings with SC I understand.

Edited by BP1960

Guest nonaenever

"I`ll be contacting them via IM to check and then to get us together prior to sort out the interview strategy."

As per the quote above, I always intended pulling the attendees together for a pre-meet. We will discuss interview strategy and agree "rules of engagement" (sounds like a bloody war!) to ensure this doesn't turn into a comical farce. To answer one point raised, real has informed me he is not attending this - although he is interested in any possible supporters' group coming out of it (as per the original post OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter).

Personally, I would make an appeal to simply cease posting "questions" on here for now. It's a free world, I know, but we have the Chairman and Chief Exec lined up to answer the questions on film on the 24th (provisionally) - suggest we just give them chance to proceed with that and see how it goes?

Something that needs to be put forward, and something i will certainly will be clarifying to people / Corney, is there is a complete misconception of why people are annoyed Simon Corny and are calling for him out. The gripe is not 'the lack of money', I think most of us completely accept our financial position, as in this league, money doesn't necessarily result in promotion. However, what people need to understand is, from the majority I know, we are annoyed/ borderline despise the man is because of the constant bad decisions, the constant lies, and the secretive nature of the whole club, whereby we have had to rely on media sources for information until he comes out from behind his rock. If as of now, he came out and was transparent, kept everyone in the know and actually ran the football club PROPERLY everyone would have respect for him. Obviously finances come into it to an extent, because a well run club expects and prepares for bills, we don't for some reason, while every other club does (with the exception of County and Forrest)

One question i will certainly be asking, dependent on how many of us are going : 'is it of your opinion that the absolute despise of this football club is completely down to your failing, do you take responsibility?' and if the answer is 'no' then I fear seriously for the future.

A future one being 'what our your thoughts about the accusation that you have stripped the assets from OAFC?' drawing reference to the selling of much of our land.

It shall be an interesting one.

If you raise your point that every other club pays their bills, he'll slaughter you, you need to do better research.

Even a 5 min check hgas revealed Bolton in the middle last year, Portsmouth, Coventry, Plymouth, Southend Cardiff due to a debt on our former player Mark Hudson in the last 7 years are known ones from football debts. Others have been for FFP too.

Others will not be publicly revealed, but Simon Corney will know about but bound by confidentiality by FL.

Edited by singe

Something that needs to be put forward, and something i will certainly will be clarifying to people / Corney, is there is a complete misconception of why people are annoyed Simon Corny and are calling for him out. The gripe is not 'the lack of money', I think most of us completely accept our financial position,

It should be - 6,000 regulars were bringing in a lot more 10 years ago than the 3,000 of us left do today.

3,000 x say an average of £15 25 times a season (assuming we exit cups early) = £1.125m. Call it a million.

Over ten seasons that's £10m lost through his overseeing such poor running of the club.

How much is it people reckon TTA are out of pocket for..? Oh......

Guest nonaenever

Why did Real pull out? Non disclosure of which biscuits would be served?

real clarified confusion on my part, saying he never actually wanted to attend this but was interested in any supporters' group.

So, there are 8 including myself wishing to attend (it may be that ends up less as people may drop out for various reasons) and I am just putting the finishing touches to the questions in light of recent comments/amendments. I`ll get the questions printed for all proposed attendees and we will then meet up to prepare properly. I`m going to be a little scarce after tomorrow due to work commitments down south, so won't be on here much.

To hopefully put some minds at rest, this will be done in a professional manner, with a Chair Person such that nobody "hogs" anything and to ensure there are no "politician's answers". It will have structure and we must avoid a scatter gun approach. To this end the questions will be "grouped" into logical sub headings e.g. finance, strategy, match-day experience etc. The most important thing will be to ensure that additional "questions arising out of answers" don't send us off at too many tangents (whilst allowing sensible ones to be put and answered). Again, the Chair Person will have responsibility for controlling that.

Finally, we'll all be wearing Jeremy Paxman masks.

Some posters just seem to want to rant at Corney because they 'hate' him. Can't help but feel it's going to end up being a bit comical.

At least ChaddySmoker has got points to bring up that seem to have some kind of evidence.

Thank you but as I have explained the evidence is not really there yet.

We (the public) have seen no Accounts at all for OEC Ltd so I have nothing to go on apart from speculation.

Brassbank Accounts now need only be provided online for scrutiny in the month of March, after the manoeuvre of changing the year end by 1 day.

OAFC 2004 Ltd Accounts (7 pages) are up to date but 'out of date' as they are historic up to 30th June 2015. They are as lacking in as much detail as is allowed.

For comparison look at accounts for Scunthorpe (28 pages) which 'provide' far far more than is required by statute.

I am afraid that Mr Corney will say that he cannot provide any info re Brassbank as he is not a Director and holds no shares. OEC Ltd I do not know what he will answer in any detail but am sure that he will provide as little info as possible, as is his practice.

Hope it goes well but can't help thinking that unless he changes habit of a lifetime and opens up on the darker issues - various land grabs, non football income etc - then anything said won't be anything we haven't heard before.

Well lets not bother then.

Just wondering if someone can or it's planned to ask about the sports direct deal.

I think the chairman was quite vocal about it puttin us in the bigger budgets within the league and I think said it was worth a million pounds to the club. Am interested to know if it was actually worth a million pound or if this was performance related etc and if it performance related how well have we done out of the deal? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Just wondering if someone can or it's planned to ask about the sports direct deal.

I think the chairman was quite vocal about it puttin us in the bigger budgets within the league and I think said it was worth a million pounds to the club. Am interested to know if it was actually worth a million pound or if this was performance related etc and if it performance related how well have we done out of the deal? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Always a bit of a red herring that one, they no doubt felt they had to get a positive message out there to justify doing the deal.

Fair point but if the club has said we are getting £1m over five years which will help keep us afloat I'd have been happy and sufficiently convinced of the benefits of the deal. We have to get in the real world. That is what is needed to merely sustain the club. Saying it will give us a top 6 budget was, at best, a very foolish thing to say.

Fair point but if the club has said we are getting £1m over five years which will help keep us afloat I'd have been happy and sufficiently convinced of the benefits of the deal. We have to get in the real world. That is what is needed to merely sustain the club. Saying it will give us a top 6 budget was, at best, a very foolish thing to say.

The clue was in the wording. It was a UP TO a 7 figure sum over 5 years, which probably means more like £100K pa or perhaps a little more.

I took the statement with a pinch of salt at the time and considered it to be merely to appease BP becoming Zero hours contract.com stadium

With the club shop coming in at the same time I did wonder if the shop rent formed part of this stadium sponsorship deal. We will never know.

We've effectively sold out to Sports Direct for that sponsorship deal and the money I'd say was spent months ago on the OEC project. Happy to be proved wrong when all the accounts are put out there for everyone to see.

Indeed and did it go to parts of the OEC which either benefits the supporters or the football side receives the income generated, would be interested to see a breakdown?

I want real to get to ask the first question and then to leave immediately once it doesn't get answered.....

He's like a one man single issue political party :grin:

If you think the trust is working, carry on sniping at me, although I don't think I've posted anything on that level for months. It was a test question to see if I could get an answer to show how much the trust board care if fans are engaged or not.

They never respond. There's no point joining an organisation that should be driven by getting membership numbers up if it doesn't care.

That trust fans Forum planned last June is still awaited too.

And the scoreboard that they've thrown back to the guy who :censored:s everything up.

Chalk up another nonsuccess and start a bit more in-fighting

Nothing constructive will ever proceed on these forums with boring childish critisms about mispellings and a mistaken name, christ

I can't agree Dan. If you want Corney to take this meeting seriously it helps to appear professional and factually accurate. In my experience misspelling a guy's name is often a sure way to irritate him and there is no point in doing that.

It should be - 6,000 regulars were bringing in a lot more 10 years ago than the 3,000 of us left do today.

3,000 x say an average of £15 25 times a season (assuming we exit cups early) = £1.125m. Call it a million.

Over ten seasons that's £10m lost through his overseeing such poor running of the club.

How much is it people reckon TTA are out of pocket for..? Oh......

That is such a good point. I know it's easy to say but you have to speculate if you own/run a football club. Nobody wanted the recklessness of the Moores years, but if only money had been given to Sheridan at the end of last season to strengthen the squad, where might we be now?

I can't agree Dan. If you want Corney to take this meeting seriously it helps to appear professional and factually accurate. In my experience misspelling a guy's name is often a sure way to irritate him and there is no point in doing that.

I'd just settle for a club thats run professionaly and Corney to take the playing side seriously, too much to ask I know.