Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

The North Stand is nothing more than a white elephant, we may as well as built a stand out of scaffold to hold 2000 like Gillingham did and saved ourselves about seven million quid, even better we should of just left the Lookers Stand there until we had someone capable of completing the project. What have we really gained from the Lookers Stand days? Why did it need to be over so many levels? Ground floor and first floor would of sufficed and could have accommodated everything that's there now.

It wasn't built for the fans to be fair...

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The North Stand is nothing more than a white elephant, we may as well as built a stand out of scaffold to hold 2000 like Gillingham did and saved ourselves about seven million quid, even better we should of just left the Lookers Stand there until we had someone capable of completing the project. What have we really gained from the Lookers Stand days? Why did it need to be over so many levels? Ground floor and first floor would of sufficed and could have accommodated everything that's there now.

More space = more tenants = more rental income. Well that's the business plan anyway.

The 2,600 seats are very much an irrelevance.

ill.

Question

What was the vision for the club when bought in the short medium & long term?

What changed the above and why?

What is the vision for the club going forward in the short medium & long term, is their any evidence to suggest it is being adhered to one way or the other?

2008 financial crash did it for TTAs

The vision disappeared after that.

Forte - sorry I didn't refer to this earlier - it is quite hard keeping up whilst running around finding last minute prezzies as well - didn't think a half season ticket for the missus would be the best choice on reflection!

The views have been mixed on this point - personally, see no problem providing in advance - to be honest there is nothing that will be a surprise - and if anyone trawled enough on here could probably pull most of them together anyway!

I think the real value of a televised interview is that people can check (and re-check) what Simon Corney says - too often (generally - not just for this) when someone says something, it is taken out of context or their words are "twisted" to suit an agenda. Also, during a live interview, if an answer provided leads to other questions for clarification; they can be posed.

I`m having an initial meeting with him soon just to sort out time/date/venue for the interview etc. - I`ll see what his thoughts are and let you know. He may not be bothered about receiving them in advance. He's adamant there is nothing to hide and will provide honest answers to everything asked.

Ok thanks for that

Of all the valid questions one about the aesthetics of the stand wouldn't make the first 100 pages

My questions weren't posed with any expectation they would be asked. They were posted to show that there's more to a club than numbers, and that's the case for most people...

Nonaenever, seeing as it looks not many people are willing to meet the chairman,i am more than willing to do it with you, on the promise that we do not submit pre-questions.

What I think fair enough is some questions held back, but financial questions need a really firm unequivocal answer.

What we don't need is a slight slip by Simon Corney in front of the camera, or uncertaintly over an exact figure at that point and then everyone tearing into a slight mistake. Missing the major points. It's just human nature to do so.

Certain questions need firm 100% accurate answers.

What I think fair enough is some questions held back, but financial questions need a really firm unequivocal answer.

What we don't need is a slight slip by Simon Corney in front of the camera, or uncertaintly over an exact figure at that point and then everyone tearing into a slight mistake. Missing the major points. It's just human nature to do so.

Certain questions need firm 100% accurate answers.

But then we risk giving him an easy way out by basically twisting the truth about finanaces to get out of a difficult question. He shouldnt be told the specifics, just the area.

There's something telling me a new owner is in the offing.

I really hope you're right, just something/anything to break the monotony of watching latics these days.

Can I ask though, what makes you think there could be a new owner (other than corney's China comments in his recent interview)?

Edited by RoytonLatics

I really hope you're right, just something/anything to break the monotony of watching latics these days.

Can I ask though, what makes you think there could be a new owner (other than corney's China comments in his recent interview)?

Only the fact is SC is very quiet at the moment so may have something to spring on us.

Guest nonaenever

Hi - just a quick update. As I mentioned previously, the Chairman was late flying in for the Sheffield Utd away game, so our proposed initial meeting (to arrange date/venue for this) didn't happen before that match. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything this week either. We were supposed to be getting together whilst he was over here this week and I replied to his email on Boxing Day to say just let me know time/day/location and I would attend to meet with him.

I realise it's a very busy time for the club and hopefully he's dealing with more pressing matters such as getting the embargo lifted and sorting out 2 first class strikers.

I`ll keep you all posted with any positive developments but I am back at work (all over the place) next week and fear this may lose its impetus.

Hope everyone has a great time over New Year.

Guest nonaenever

Update:

Simon Corney emailed me at 0450hrs this morning (!) to say he is keen to set the date for this. He's hoping to meet me initially before or after today's match to finalise the matter. Thank you for the offers (from about 3 people now) to come along to ask the questions between us. I`ll be in touch with you all when I have a date/time/venue and we'll sort the fine detail.

Thank you.

I can answer that question on the chairman's behalf mickjagger, we can't afford to sack the management team as for the chairman he won't concede anything he will merely deflect any criticism that comes his way by creating another :censored: storm. We're stuck with Robbo and unfortunately we're stuck with Corney.

I can't imagine that in this day and age, particularly with a bloke getting a management job for the first time, that there's not a clause in the contract waiving any pay-off.