Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Met with Mark Moisley and Simon Corney after the game. The Chairman is keen to press ahead with this but we obviously have to try and fit it in around his diary (he's backwards and forwards to the US). Provisionally​, we have pencilled in Tuesday 24th January to record the "questions/answers" on TV (dependent on any possible fixture clash if we draw at Mansfield in the cup). We'll have the definite time and date in a couple of weeks.

I've had feedback from fans as to whether or not they should see the questions in advance. The majority do not see it as a problem, so I will go with that and be sending them in advance. The general consensus is that there is nothing to hide and we will get more accurate answers on some subjects (e.g. financial matters) by disclosure.

The Chairman was actually very upbeat; not happy with our current position, obviously, but sees nothing that 3 or 4 new players won't sort out.

I`ll be in touch with those offering to attend with me in the next day or two - got to go to Tesco's for cat food now (the turkey finally ran out).

Met with Mark Moisley and Simon Corney after the game. The Chairman is keen to press ahead with this but we obviously have to try and fit it in around his diary (he's backwards and forwards to the US). Provisionally​, we have pencilled in Tuesday 24th January to record the "questions/answers" on TV (dependent on any possible fixture clash if we draw at Mansfield in the cup). We'll have the definite time and date in a couple of weeks.

I've had feedback from fans as to whether or not they should see the questions in advance. The majority do not see it as a problem, so I will go with that and be sending them in advance. The general consensus is that there is nothing to hide and we will get more accurate answers on some subjects (e.g. financial matters) by disclosure.

The Chairman was actually very upbeat; not happy with our current position, obviously, but sees nothing that 3 or 4 new players won't sort out.

I`ll be in touch with those offering to attend with me in the next day or two - got to go to Tesco's for cat food now (the turkey finally ran out).

Mansfield game will go to penalties.

We play Peterborough at BP on 24th Jan.

Guest nonaenever

Mansfield game will go to penalties.

We play Peterborough at BP on 24th Jan.

Cheers Opinions - must be my confusion over what was said but Mark M said to Simon C "be careful about the 24th" and I`m sure he said something about a possible fixture re-jig. Anyway, no worries - it's provisionally in for that day and I`ll confirm as soon as I know - thanks again.

Guest nonaenever

Peterborough are still in the FA cup - play Chelsea on 8th Jan - it may be that if they get a draw our home game might be re-arranged to accommodate the FA cup replay?

Why in the absolute world are we allowing him to see the questions. This just provides another opportunity to revise over responces and give answers that seem reasonable, when in fact they could easily be lies.

We are providing questions to a man who has OPENLY lied over the years, and we are meant to trust the responces.

Guest nonaenever

Why in the absolute world are we allowing him to see the questions. This just provides another opportunity to revise over responces and give answers that seem reasonable, when in fact they could easily be lies.

We are providing questions to a man who has OPENLY lied over the years, and we are meant to trust the responces.

Dan - it's the majority view, as explained

Incidentally, Magister on here thinks I`m on one big ego trip - so he's going to come along and take over now it's virtually sorted. I ain't on any ego trip and quite happy to take a back seat now I`ve achieved the objective of actually getting it up and running.

I`ll pull together those attending and Magister can run with it from there.

Guest nonaenever

Dan, I`d also say it's being filmed and you have the chance to challenge any responses you don't trust. That's what a good interviewer does - I`m sure Magister will be perfect. Honestly don't think disclosure will affect this one little bit if done properly - so still come along please.

Incidentally, Magister on here thinks I`m on one big ego trip - so he's going to come along and take over now it's virtually sorted. I ain't on any ego trip and quite happy to take a back seat now I`ve achieved the objective of actually getting it up and running.

I understand its a majority view, but it doesnt make sense we are that we are trusting a man who has absolutely knackered us over to give true responces. If he starts talking finances in responce to a pre-question he will literally swindle it if he knows its a toughy. As much as i despise him, he certainly isnt stupid.

I understand its a majority view, but it doesnt make sense we are that we are trusting a man who has absolutely knackered us over to give true responces. If he starts talking finances in responce to a pre-question he will literally swindle it if he knows its a toughy. As much as i despise him, he certainly isnt stupid.

What if it's a tough one and he hasn't had the questions and says I can't answer that I'll have to go away and get figures?

Corney and Moisley have been good enough to meet with you and arrange things, you should see this through to conclusion.

NNN, the majority on here are behind what you are doing, some have reasonable motives behind there questions, and some will find fault in everything you are doing, don't let them grind you down. Thanks for getting this to the point where we are at.

This

Don't let the odd angry man get at you NNN.

I respect what you are doing, I realise the effort and enormity of the task you have undertaken

NNN, the majority on here are behind what you are doing, some have reasonable motives behind there questions, and some will find fault in everything you are doing, don't let them grind you down. Thanks for getting this to the point where we are at.

Spot on. Ignore those who will have a go yet do nothing themselves

Guest nonaenever

Right, I allowed myself to get "wound off the clock" by a comment yesterday. It won't happen again - purely focussed on achieving our objective here. 7 people have now offered to come along and assist re. questions; AndyB, mcfluff1985, real, laticsmarra, Danbright12, dpwild and magister.

Comments like, "I won't go if he goes" and "I won't go if questions have been given in advance" have been made. I`m sorry but you can't please all the people all of the time. I`m not going to "ban" people from coming along; it's about "us" the fans! Let me also stress, the Chairman was not bothered either way whether he saw the questions in advance or not but​ looking at the IMs and emails received - the clear majority state that we will ensure better answers if they are provided in advance (e.g. financial information; the fine detail of which may need to be provided to the Chairman by the FD).

It may be that not all 7 people can make the provisional date of the filming - Tuesday 24th Jan. I`ll be contacting them via IM to check and then to get us together prior to sort out the interview strategy.

Finally, Simon Corney asked me to stress to all fans that he is available to talk to on a one to one basis if they want individual answers to anything. Arrangements for that can always be made via the club.

Thank you to all contributors - this will be "done and dusted" soon.