Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

I can't agree Dan. If you want Corney to take this meeting seriously it helps to appear professional and factually accurate. In my experience misspelling a guy's name is often a sure way to irritate him and there is no point in doing that.

Too true, I knew one bloke called A Hart, who wasn't too pleased when he received by post some correspondence with the first letter of his surname mistyped with an F.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't agree Dan. If you want Corney to take this meeting seriously it helps to appear professional and factually accurate. In my experience misspelling a guy's name is often a sure way to irritate him and there is no point in doing that.

Were on an informal forum. Jesus, myself and every other person arent going to make these mistakes when s*** gets real.

I must admit that I don't know if i am a trust member or not, they took my money off paypal plus I also notified them of my season ticket details but neither action elicited any confirmation or acknowledgement. I have never received any e-mails or any other communication.

I'm full of praise for nonaenever kicking this off, but haven't followed every single post within this thread. However, along with many others, I've sent a number of questions to be put forward, but can I make a serious and impassioned plea?

Whoever goes to this meeting, please remember that you are representing fans and supporters of OAFC. You will be recorded; everything you say will be there for all to see and hear, so please act and behave in a responsible way. There's enough personal, verbal attacks on SC and the Board on here and I would hate to see that transfer to the meeting room.

You are there to ask questions, not to vent your spleen. If you are not happy or satisfied with the answers you receive, query them in the right way. Don't just go on the attack. Please make sure that you deal with facts. There's enough posted on here as fact, when a large number of posts should really start with "I believe/think/suspect/imagine/assume/presume ..."

I would love to be there with like minded fans who only want the best for our football club, but please come away with a balanced view so that the rest of us can judge the outcome objectively. I have no right to ask for any of the above; I just believe that it is a great opportunity to be more informed about how the club is run. I honestly do not believe that many Chairmen would put themselves in this position. He's put himself up to be shot at, so deserves respect for that.

Well done to those that are going. I hope it goes well and also hope you come away in the right frame of mind and more understanding of the finer points of what goes on to keep OAFC going.

I'm full of praise for nonaenever kicking this off, but haven't followed every single post within this thread. However, along with many others, I've sent a number of questions to be put forward, but can I make a serious and impassioned plea?

Whoever goes to this meeting, please remember that you are representing fans and supporters of OAFC. You will be recorded; everything you say will be there for all to see and hear, so please act and behave in a responsible way. There's enough personal, verbal attacks on SC and the Board on here and I would hate to see that transfer to the meeting room.

You are there to ask questions, not to vent your spleen. If you are not happy or satisfied with the answers you receive, query them in the right way. Don't just go on the attack. Please make sure that you deal with facts. There's enough posted on here as fact, when a large number of posts should really start with "I believe/think/suspect/imagine/assume/presume ..."

I would love to be there with like minded fans who only want the best for our football club, but please come away with a balanced view so that the rest of us can judge the outcome objectively. I have no right to ask for any of the above; I just believe that it is a great opportunity to be more informed about how the club is run. I honestly do not believe that many Chairmen would put themselves in this position. He's put himself up to be shot at, so deserves respect for that.

Well done to those that are going. I hope it goes well and also hope you come away in the right frame of mind and more understanding of the finer points of what goes on to keep OAFC going.

Spot on Bristol, we want the focus on the question and answer, not the behaviour.

Whilst acknowledging and welcoming that they have put themselves forward, we are in their hands.

Nothing constructive will ever proceed on these forums with boring childish critisms about mispellings and a mistaken name, christ

Hang on Dan. You've been good enough to put yourself forward, which is great and appreciated.

However, some have criticised you, and now you have hit back complaining about the criticism rather than listening to what has been said. You are fobbing of the critics.

Surely that is no different to the criticisms you have levelled at Simon Corney's responses?

If you go on the offensive, he'll react in the same way as you have dismissing everything.

He's only human, does not have to do this, and it is rare for a Chairman to do so.

Spot on Bristol, we want the focus on the question and answer, not the behaviour.

Whilst acknowledging and welcoming that they have put themselves forward, we are in their hands.

Rest assured from me gents/ ladies I will be professional in my questions and will try to reign in any others with raising tempers.

I dare say it will make Sky Sports News as well once the media find out.

Can't help thinking that if we had a Fans Trust like say Swansea City that we'd all be more engaged and informed

Like 'HarryBosch' I have tried to join our Trust without success

see www.swanstrust.co.uk

Their Statement regarding the Appointment of Paul Clement reads: The Swans Trust is pleased to confirm that we were fully consulted by other Shareholders in the appointment of Paul Clement as the man to replace Bob Bradley as Swans Boss

Hang on Dan. You've been good enough to put yourself forward, which is great and appreciated.

However, some have criticised you, and now you have hit back complaining about the criticism rather than listening to what has been said. You are fobbing of the critics.

Surely that is no different to the criticisms you have levelled at Simon Corney's responses?

If you go on the offensive, he'll react in the same way as you have dismissing everything.

He's only human, does not have to do this, and it is rare for a Chairman to do so.

Criticism about spelling and miss naming on an informal forum is hardly something major, obviously im going to dismiss comments about gripes over spelling. As for other critisms i havent dismissed them, ive justified my position which was required of me. I've already said i won't be on the offensive but i won't be fooled if we start getting politician answers.

Can't help thinking that a more 'connected' Supporters Trust would help us all be more engaged and informed

Swansea City seem to be well progressed

see www.swanstrust.co.uk

Their statement regarding the appointment of their new Manager is something we should be looking to achieve ourselves: The Swans Trust is pleased to confirm that we were fully consulted by other Shareholders in the appointment of Paul Clements as the man to replace Bob Bradley as Swans Boss

Can't help thinking that if we had a Fans Trust like say Swansea City that we'd all be more engaged and informed

Like 'HarryBosch' I have tried to join our Trust without success

see www.swanstrust.co.uk

Their Statement regarding the Appointment of Paul Clement reads: The Swans Trust is pleased to confirm that we were fully consulted by other Shareholders in the appointment of Paul Clement as the man to replace Bob Bradley as Swans Boss

There's a hint of sarcasm in that since they weren't fully consulted when the other shareholders sold out to two Americans last year

Criticism about spelling and miss naming on an informal forum is hardly something major, obviously im going to dismiss comments about gripes over spelling. As for other critisms i havent dismissed them, ive justified my position which was required of me. I've already said i won't be on the offensive but i won't be fooled if we start getting politician answers.

Thank you Dan, I appreciate you indicating your approach.