Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

I would just ask that when he tries to explain that we are punching well above our weight and that we should be thankful/grateful that we are still holding on to our league one status that you remind him of the promises he came here with. Also that our fan base/assets etc seem seriously depleted compared to when they started out, that would suggest he directly has taken us significantly backwards, something he seems to struggle to identify with.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they won't . They don't need to show much more than summaries of debtors and creditors

Yes it is likely to be a summary, but IIRC some members from here went in a few years ago to look through the accounts and were allowed to look at everything in detail I believe? It'll all be there if Corney allows access to it.

BP - I can only refer you to my post on page 8, 1st Dec 5.38pm. No matter what anyone does, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. I received over 100 written questions - these have been de-duplicated and, then, merged into circa 20. The vast majority of sensible ones concern who owns what re. land, stands etc. at BP, rent paid, price of "club", price of "club" and land etc. Have no doubt, I will probe as necessary to get the answers people want regarding these major issues of concerns. If an answer raises another obvious question - I`ll ask it. So Brass Bank, OEC, rent, income, match day/non match day income/, expenditure, debts, long term vision etc will all be covered.

I have no problem putting the Chairman "on the spot" - personally, I see him as the custodian of the club for the future of the fans and the town - why do you think I won't put him on the spot?

If we're not careful, we'll end up just posting all the questions on here and simply letting someone from the club answer!

Please can we just crack on with it and see how it goes?

If it's bobbins, please feel free to crucify me afterwards :cry:

If it's bobbins, anyone crucifying you will get me in full force mode. They have had ample opportunity to attend and ask. Only one person has not bottled it.

People have also had ample opportunity to ask questions, and still they ask stupid ones like what colour underwear he wears (name and shame the stupidos I say)

If you want a question asking a certain way, put up or shut p.

I would just ask that when he tries to explain that we are punching well above our weight and that we should be thankful/grateful that we are still holding on to our league one status that you remind him of the promises he came here with. Also that our fan base/assets etc seem seriously depleted compared to when they started out, that would suggest he directly has taken us significantly backwards, something he seems to struggle to identify with.

If you want specifics, attend yourself.

Guest nonaenever

Hi can you just Comfirm are the question being asked will Corney be having a look at them beforehand or will they be put to him on the Spot?

Forte - sorry I didn't refer to this earlier - it is quite hard keeping up whilst running around finding last minute prezzies as well - didn't think a half season ticket for the missus would be the best choice on reflection!

The views have been mixed on this point - personally, see no problem providing in advance - to be honest there is nothing that will be a surprise - and if anyone trawled enough on here could probably pull most of them together anyway!

I think the real value of a televised interview is that people can check (and re-check) what Simon Corney says - too often (generally - not just for this) when someone says something, it is taken out of context or their words are "twisted" to suit an agenda. Also, during a live interview, if an answer provided leads to other questions for clarification; they can be posed.

I`m having an initial meeting with him soon just to sort out time/date/venue for the interview etc. - I`ll see what his thoughts are and let you know. He may not be bothered about receiving them in advance. He's adamant there is nothing to hide and will provide honest answers to everything asked.

Guest nonaenever

Can you ask him to let home fans back into the Chaddy, The whole BP experience seems alien and I'm sure it is no coincidence we have only scored a handful of goals at that end since the switch. Give the ground its identity back. The acoustics argument has proved to be a complete crock.

Just coming back to this point Prozac, it will be asked but, personally, I don't know what the answer is. I remember a few years back now (probably more than I imagine) we beat Notts Forest 5-0 at BP. Good crowd that day too from memory. A mate of mine went with me from Nottingham and he was astounded how quiet the Chaddy was; despite us thrashing his team 5-0! He was right - the atmosphere from home fans was non-existent. BP has never really been a cauldron of noise - perhaps us Oldhamers are just quite reserved on that front - or the demographics of our attendance are not conducive to atmosphere (biased towards the older end?). I honestly don't know - but the Chaddy was poor from an atmosphere point of view - just as the Frizzell is now.

Yes it is likely to be a summary, but IIRC some members from here went in a few years ago to look through the accounts and were allowed to look at everything in detail I believe? It'll all be there if Corney allows access to it.

It was myself and Latics and England who did that. We were clear then that we only saw the top level numbers, it wasn't a detailed audit.

Initially I would be satisfied if the Balance Sheet wàs available for OEC Ltd at Companies House by the due date which has passed. After that I would have a whole series of questions many of which will not obviously be answered fully. The idea that i should attend a meeting simply to ask WHEN the statutory accounts are to be submitted is quite frankly a waste of my time. This is just very simply the latest of a whole series of events whereby ANY information is released as late as possible in the most concise form.

Guest nonaenever

Was scheduled to have a chat with the Chairman prior to the game at Sheffield today. Unfortunately, his flight from the US was delayed but he has emailed me to say we can chat or meet this week, when we will finalise the details for "the televised interview" soonest.

Thank you for your patience - we're getting there.

Erm...isn't the whole premise of NNN attending to get specifics on behalf of the fans? Get back in your box.

Not directly no. The whole point is he asks on our behalf, as he thinks fit, because everyone else shied away.

You, and others who are criticising what questions that are being selected (I know you are not ), don't get to dictate how or what is asked .

If you want certain things said in a specific way, or questions asked, you should have offered to attend.

Otherwise, let him get on with it.

I can answer that question on the chairman's behalf mickjagger, we can't afford to sack the management team as for the chairman he won't concede anything he will merely deflect any criticism that comes his way by creating another :censored: storm. We're stuck with Robbo and unfortunately we're stuck with Corney.

I can answer that question on the chairman's behalf mickjagger, we can't afford to sack the management team as for the chairman he won't concede anything he will merely deflect any criticism that comes his way by creating another :censored: storm. We're stuck with Robbo and unfortunately we're stuck with Corney.

Blitz always finds money to pump in when we need to sack a manager. Corneys pittance won't dictate to us on that one. Blitz knows if we go down another level the club is worth even less hence why every Jan we seem to find a load of money! So when we do find a owner we are still in a decent league.

Was scheduled to have a chat with the Chairman prior to the game at Sheffield today. Unfortunately, his flight from the US was delayed but he has emailed me to say we can chat or meet this week, when we will finalise the details for "the televised interview" soonest.

Thank you for your patience - we're getting there.

Mainly - or massively - it is you who are getting there, and thank you for that.

You have taken on this task, and what a difficult one it is - bring as diplomatic as possible with Latics fans while preparing to interview Simon Corney. You aren't a journalist (I am presuming...) yet I bet the answers you generate through your editing and interviewing will be picked up by many publications.

What ever comes of it, it will certainly be of huge interest to me, so thank you for taking on a unique job.

I'll definitely buy you a pint next time I'm over.

If it's bobbins, anyone crucifying you will get me in full force mode. They have had ample opportunity to attend and ask. Only one person has not bottled it.

People have also had ample opportunity to ask questions, and still they ask stupid ones like what colour underwear he wears (name and shame the stupidos I say)

If you want a question asking a certain way, put up or shut p.

I respect what nnn is trying to achieve with this but to suggest that every fan not attending is "bottling it" is utter bull:censored:.

Have we actually put anything on the RRE to show that it's now the Jimmy Frizzell Stand?

When the highest league crowd we have had in about 7 years (excluding offers and Rochdale) was on a Sunday, why haven't we tried it again since?

How much money have we lost from not opening any kind of fan bar in the new stand? Also, can you make it look more like a stand and not like a skyscraper?

The North Stand is nothing more than a white elephant, we may as well as built a stand out of scaffold to hold 2000 like Gillingham did and saved ourselves about seven million quid, even better we should of just left the Lookers Stand there until we had someone capable of completing the project. What have we really gained from the Lookers Stand days? Why did it need to be over so many levels? Ground floor and first floor would of sufficed and could have accommodated everything that's there now.