Summary of Questions Received - "Ask the Chairman"

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

With adamoafc's offer to attend as well, we are now at 9 people including me. Just to keep it manageable, numbers wise, I think it makes sense to draw a line under it there. Some of the 9 may well not be able to make the date but I think we'll have enough volunteers now to make a success of this - cheers.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, Simon Corney asked me to stress to all fans that he is available to talk to on a one to one basis if they want individual answers to anything. Arrangements for that can always be made via the club.

Thank you to all contributors - this will be "done and dusted" soon.

You'd get better answers out of Ed Miliband.

He's a cracking politician, our Corney, question dodgering extraordinaire.

I respect what nnn is trying to achieve with this but to suggest that every fan not attending is "bottling it" is utter bull:censored:.

Clearly not, I am not going for one. But of the ones most vociferous and named only Prozac has a perfectly reasonable reason having not been the main protagonist and already been to see SC. And BB80 also having previously met and having an open invitation.

No one else I have seen has given any real reason. Worse, some have continued to snipe and demanded questions asked certain ways or demanded questions be asked.

That said, we've now progressed from 1 to 9, which is much better.

Clearly not, I am not going for one. But of the ones most vociferous and named only Prozac has a perfectly reasonable reason having not been the main protagonist and already been to see SC. And BB80 also having previously met and having an open invitation.

No one else I have seen has given any real reason. Worse, some have continued to snipe and demanded questions asked certain ways or demanded questions be asked

I was named within the video. My major grumble has been how the North Stand has not brought in any noticeable income stream as was promised and how it has actually hindered any on field progress specifically this season. I have not attended this season after 40 odd years of support apart from going to Dale.

In August I forecasted relegation this season and pointed out that we had been set up to fail-by virtue of financial constraints.

There has been speculation about which monies are not being received by OAFC 2004 Ltd over the last couple of seasons and what extra debt we have.

I did say at the time of the season ticket 'discount' that there would be major financial problems ahead. It was I who pointed out that we had borrowed money from Necarcu Ltd which I viewed as last resort borrowing and a sign of significant problems to come. We are now under a transfer embargo.

I awaited the submission to Companies House of Accounts for Oldham Event Centre and stated that I would reconsider attending after that.

Those Accounts were not delivered and are actually overdue. How can I raise any questions on figures that I do not have?

The Accounts for Brassbank Ltd now need to be submitted at a later date. How can I raise any questions on figures that I do not have?

Does Corney have to answer my questions when the information is eventually available-probably not (third party info.) Why should I waste my time?

By the way I did comment on our left back after the Dale match and was sniped at for commenting after watching only 1 game.

It seems that Reckford/Rockford/ Reckord is actually as bad as I suspected.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Something that needs to be put forward, and something i will certainly will be clarifying to people / Corney, is there is a complete misconception of why people are annoyed Simon Corny and are calling for him out. The gripe is not 'the lack of money', I think most of us completely accept our financial position, as in this league, money doesn't necessarily result in promotion. However, what people need to understand is, from the majority I know, we are annoyed/ borderline despise the man is because of the constant bad decisions, the constant lies, and the secretive nature of the whole club, whereby we have had to rely on media sources for information until he comes out from behind his rock. If as of now, he came out and was transparent, kept everyone in the know and actually ran the football club PROPERLY everyone would have respect for him. Obviously finances come into it to an extent, because a well run club expects and prepares for bills, we don't for some reason, while every other club does (with the exception of County and Forrest)

One question i will certainly be asking, dependent on how many of us are going : 'is it of your opinion that the absolute despise of this football club is completely down to your failing, do you take responsibility?' and if the answer is 'no' then I fear seriously for the future.

A future one being 'what our your thoughts about the accusation that you have stripped the assets from OAFC?' drawing reference to the selling of much of our land.

It shall be an interesting one.

Something that needs to be put forward, and something i will certainly will be clarifying to people / Corney, is there is a complete misconception of why people are annoyed Simon Corny and are calling for him out. The gripe is not 'the lack of money', I think most of us completely accept our financial position, as in this league, money doesn't necessarily result in promotion. However, what people need to understand is, from the majority I know, we are annoyed/ borderline despise the man is because of the constant bad decisions, the constant lies, and the secretive nature of the whole club, whereby we have had to rely on media sources for information until he comes out from behind his rock. If as of now, he came out and was transparent, kept everyone in the know and actually ran the football club PROPERLY everyone would have respect for him. Obviously finances come into it to an extent, because a well run club expects and prepares for bills, we don't for some reason, while every other club does (with the exception of County and Forrest)

One question i will certainly be asking, dependent on how many of us are going : 'is it of your opinion that the absolute despise of this football club is completely down to your failing, do you take responsibility?' and if the answer is 'no' then I fear seriously for the future.

A future one being 'what our your thoughts about the accusation that you have stripped the assets from OAFC?' drawing reference to the selling of much of our land.

Why not apply and resolve the problem?..http://mobile.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/job-vacancy-media-executive-3499388.aspx

Can you give me an example of 'constant lies'?

I would not recommend that the questions are asked in that way. But Singe might say that I have no right to comment thereon.

The North Stand update videos are great viewing as are the updates we were given at the time as to when the North Stand was opening, seeing as a friend of mine was the man who was signing off the stand I can safely say we were fed some bull:censored:. It doesn't constitute constant lies but lets just say it leaves an impression that he treats the fans with contempt.

The sports direct deal was said to put us in the top half of budgets within our league, that never happened, and when the question was put to his chief exec, he stated 'I wasn't here when that happened, next....'

The new stand was said to flood in streams of revenue, yet this simply is not happening, as we only see matchday profit, and every other day we see absolutely nothing.

The season ticket deal was not to 'reward the fans' it was a side consequence of needing money quickly to sort out short term debt.

The constant stating that Blitz and Gazelle have nothing to do with us, yet they are directors of the new stand and have a mortgage over the stadium.

The sports direct deal was said to put us in the top half of budgets within our league, that never happened, and when the question was put to his chief exec, he stated 'I wasn't here when that happened, next....'

The new stand was said to flood in streams of revenue, yet this simply is not happening, as we only see matchday profit, and every other day we see absolutely nothing.

The season ticket deal was not to 'reward the fans' it was a side consequence of needing money quickly to sort out short term debt.

The constant stating that Blitz and Gazelle have nothing to do with us, yet they are directors of the new stand and have a mortgage over the stadium.

Oh one more, the constant updates that the stand would be completed, to be stalled and stalled and stalled. AND IT STILL ISNT FINISHED NOW!!

Its all club related income..........

Its all club related income..........

I stated clearly, its not about us not having money, its about lying about where its meant to be going/ where its meant to have took us/ and where its gone. And it isn't 'club related income' OEC is registered as a separate company, we see minimal income from that stand, that's a fact. We see matchday money, that is all. So no, it isn't all club income, its a separate company income, in which we see slight income.

Edited by Danbright12

I stated clearly, its not about us not having money, its about lying about where its meant to be going/ where its meant to have took us/ and where its gone. And it isn't 'club related income' OEC is registered as a separate company, we see minimal income from that stand, that's a fact. We see matchday money, that is all. So no, it isn't all club income, its a separate company income, in which we see slight income.

As far as we know, all club related income goes to the club. So that's matchday income and any club related events. You're correct (to my knowledge) that we don't see much of anything else, though i suspect that the OEC pays some sort of rent to the club that's then used to pay off debt. Though really none of us know.

A final one, Mike Moisley stated that the whole stand was funded by Simon Blitz, the whole Million, as confirmed in Fans Forum, yet, Simon Corney has stated sales of players such as Korey Smith was needed to help carry on building the new North Stand, and the 5.7 Million given to us was for the re-generation of the stadium, namely the new North Stand, (council gave it us) as confirmed by Jim Machon and confirmed by M.E.N. So which is true, did Blitz pay for it all, or did Oldham Council coupled with player sales. Because which ever is true, someones told a white lie......

If you are taking part in this you really need to go in with an open mind