Lincoln - FA Cup

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he comes out and say's what, I'm a crap manager?

Yeah. And resigns.

I'll write it for him...

"I have done everything I can in difficult circumstances but have not achieved the level I set myself. I feel it is best that I leave now to allow time for a new appointment and opportunity to assess the squad and build a team to retain league one status."

Then Corney appoints barraclough and mckay whilst Fletcher and godber take the piss.

He's apologised a few times before, how many more times?

A lot of blame has to fall on the players, bad team selection but they are League One professional footballers, not children.

Corney should fine most of that starting 11 a weeks wages and use it to reimburse those that went, truly pathetic that they can turn in a performance like that. These days I play 5-a-side about once every 6 months and I am still pretty sure I could do a job for us on that showing. No desire at all, professional footballers is a very generous term.

what game have you been watching......erwin was and has been naff all year. was missing for most of the first half and constantly drifts out to the left wing. thats why he has barley scored

First time I've seen Oldham all season to be honest and the last after that. I didn't think he got very good service but hey ho I will take your expert opinion after watching more games than myself!

I'd say Mcglauchlin instead of Erwin there.

Sunday league from the rest. I honestly don't know how some of these have made it professional.

Yeah perhaps as he overlapped quite well first half but end product on delivery wasn't the best. To be fair we are clutching at straws as it's the least we should expect from them.

First time I've seen Oldham all season to be honest and the last after that. I didn't think he got very good service but hey ho I will take your expert opinion after watching more games than myself!

He flatters by looking like he's going for the ball, but rarely wins it.

Part of the problem with this team is his lack of goals through not being in the penalty area to slot the ball home.

Ladapo is another outside the penalty area player so it's not a good combination.

Well that was garbage. I've never seen an Oldham team that bad on the ball. Lincoln weren't special but had the right players in the right areas and a manager who clearly knows what he's doing.

Ripley didn't play well but was stitched up by the players in front of him for all the goals. Kicking needs to improve.

Dummigan is talented but has gone backwards from last season. The :censored:e around him hasn't helped but he has to take the blame.

Clarke had a bad game, but I can forgive him due to that stonking header!

I'm now converted about Burgess. He's dreadful and nowhere near good enough for League One.

I don't blame Reckord for losing to Rhead in the air for the first, but I do blame him for being a useless footballer in all other areas.

McLaughlin was decent. End product wasn't great but he was only threat in the first 70 when the rest were disgraceful.

Green is the best centre mid in our squad...which goes some way to explaining just how awful we are in that area. Rubbish tonight.

Banks has nowhere near enough quality to be as :censored:e as he is in all other aspects. Calling him a luxury player gives him way too much credit.

Ditto Winchester, although special mention for that disastrous pass for their 2nd goal.

Erwin is the polar opposite of Rhead, a talented player but only in all the wrong parts of the pitch.

Ladapo is awful. Poor touch and clearly doesn't know how to make the most of the strength and speed he has.

Croft is a good footballer, pity he can only do it off the bench. At present we may need him to start because we're so short on quality in midfield.

Mckay finished very well, but he's no better than a League 2 striker and his league and cup goal records show as much.

As for Robinson...my sympathies go as far as feeling that this is no job for a rookie at present and that the players are not good enough to keep us up which is unfortunate for him. However he didn't do his homework well enough tonight as we had no answer to Rhead and Robinson, we don't look threatening going forward in the majority of games and the teams confìdence seems to drop to very low levels very quickly. I doubt we can currently afford to sack him and it won't solve all our problems if we do, but time is running out.

Well that was garbage. I've never seen an Oldham team that bad on the ball. Lincoln weren't special but had the right players in the right areas and a manager who clearly knows what he's doing.

Ripley didn't play well but was stitched up by the players in front of him for all the goals. Kicking needs to improve.

Dummigan is talented but has gone backwards from last season. The :censored:e around him hasn't helped but he has to take the blame.

Clarke had a bad game, but I can forgive him due to that stonking header!

I'm now converted about Burgess. He's dreadful and nowhere near good enough for League One.

I don't blame Reckord for losing to Rhead in the air for the first, but I do blame him for being a useless footballer in all other areas.

McLaughlin was decent. End product wasn't great but he was only threat in the first 70 when the rest were disgraceful.

Green is the best centre mid in our squad...which goes some way to explaining just how awful we are in that area. Rubbish tonight.

Banks has nowhere near enough quality to be as :censored:e as he is in all other aspects. Calling him a luxury player gives him way too much credit.

Ditto Winchester, although special mention for that disastrous pass for their 2nd goal.

Erwin is the polar opposite of Rhead, a talented player but only in all the wrong parts of the pitch.

Ladapo is awful. Poor touch and clearly doesn't know how to make the most of the strength and speed he has.

Croft is a good footballer, pity he can only do it off the bench. At present we may need him to start because we're so short on quality in midfield.

Mckay finished very well, but he's no better than a League 2 striker and his league and cup goal records show as much.

As for Robinson...my sympathies go as far as feeling that this is no job for a rookie at present and that the players are not good enough to keep us up which is unfortunate for him. However he didn't do his homework well enough tonight as we had no answer to Rhead and Robinson, we don't look threatening going forward in the majority of games and the teams confìdence seems to drop to very low levels very quickly. I doubt we can currently afford to sack him and it won't solve all our problems if we do, but time is running out.

Excellent post, and I wouldn't disagree with a single point.

Just got back from that and I need a very large stiff drink. :censored: me I've seen some :censored:e following Oldham over the years, but what the :censored: have I just witnessed. Having the piss taken out of us (and rightly so) by the Lincoln supporters was nice and like to thank the players for putting me through that. :censored: you Oldham Athletic - :censored:!!

If we'd signed Theo Robinson and Jamie McCombe in the summer, I'd have been happy. Lincoln are obviously a decent side on a good run and their players were up for it. Indeed, a 7,000 crowd on a Monday night suggests the whole town was up for it.

When we drew at Bradford earlier in the season we were clearly second best. But our players were working their bollocks off to block, cover, clear for the entirety of the game.

Last night there was none of that. Now, most of our team back out of 50/50 challenges. That includes Paul Green who you'd have thought had a bit more about him.

Most of our players have lost the ability to pass the ball. Winchester's contribution to their second goal an absolute shocker.

And then I look at our strikers. No longer bereft of service since McLaughlin found a level of fitness, they're just :censored:. Ladapo has no real ability to control a football and Erwin disappeared last night.

This lot looked like fighters a couple of months back - what they lacked in ability they made up for with effort. They don't anymore.though. That spirit is long gone.

While I'm sympathetic to the timing of Robinson getting the job, we are worse now than we were earlier in the season. Last night's performance wasn't a one off. We've been that bad in other games this season.

Having faith in the manager turning it round when he can't motivate players for a significant FA Cup game is illogical. Our league position is a fair reflection of the season and our FA Cup exit well deserved.

I'd bin him off now. Might as well get Ronnie Moore back (note his Hartlepool rescue act). Anybody with a bit of experience as a manager.

Those are the memories most fans will take from the game, being ridiculed by a set of non league fans and feeling absolutely :censored:e because a bunch of paid professionals couldn't front up and give it a go or win their own personal battle, relegation after that with the circumstances we have is near on guaranteed we can't put a decent 90 minutes of football together and we are half way into the season, if anything as a team and individuals we seem to be regressing and after last night it will be difficult to see how this precious lot will recover.

Biggest culprit for me last night though was Robinson who doesn't seem to be learning a thing, Barraclough had scouted them, Really? Lincoln played in the same way that they have all season with Rhead as the focal point and they pack the midfield, we did nothing to combat that and even came out second half and immediately produced more of the same with the same personal, tactics and attitude that had let us down so badly in the first half.

Croft was probably man of the match Ripley and Clarke had poor games by their high standards and only McLaughlin comes out with any notable credit, six or seven of that team will be lucky to be selected for Saturday's game and it's only our predicament that will allow them another chance.

Can this club sink any lower or is this just the start of the :censored: that's about to come our way.

Having now slept on that quite staggering performance, I feel more able to comment.

We were out played and out battled in every department by a team 2 divisions below us, in an important televised game we should have been well up for.

Tactically we were embarrassed, we had no answer to Rhead and Robinson, even though we were supposed to have watched them in previous matches.

We lost our personal battles all over the field, in truth there is very little talent in our squad, and it keeps showing time and time again.

I know the manager is inexperienced but he just doesn't seem to have a clue, he had absolutely no answers when we were getting out played all over the pitch.

Winchester wants shooting for that second goal (pun intended), WTF was he thinking, he is stealing a living as a professional footballer.

Also Dummigan for the third, you simply cannot let yourself get turned as easily as that by a non-league striker.

I'd wager that if we swapped leagues with Lincoln, we wouldn't be anywhere near the top of theirs, and they wouldn't be in the relegation zone in ours.

They gave us a lesson, we only looked remotely like getting in the game after Croft came on (not for the first time either).

Fact is we are short on quality all over the pitch, but I still think the biggest problem is the manager, I really don't think he has any idea what he is doing and is totally out of his depth.

I'd cut our loses with Robinson, and get an experienced man in (again), Ronnie Moore has been mentioned above, I think we could do a lot worse.

A lot of blame has to fall on the players, bad team selection but they are League One professional footballers, not children.

Corney should fine most of that starting 11 a weeks wages and use it to reimburse those that went, truly pathetic that they can turn in a performance like that. These days I play 5-a-side about once every 6 months and I am still pretty sure I could do a job for us on that showing. No desire at all, professional footballers is a very generous term.

Have they have been paid for Nov never mind for Dec....?....not unless it blinked and missed it, seriously have they?

How many of those players are up to the job of keeping us up?

Shez did come in last year, but he brought players in.

If a new man came in, how many could keep us up?

Ripley

Clarke

Mcglaughlin (maybe)

Struggling now

Edited by pukka