New Signing

How does that work? If we have proved we can't the bills so to speak and by bills I'm encompassing any outgoings with regards to the club, how can this be approved of by the FA/EFL? Genuine question

Some play for nothing for a short time just to get games and increase fitness.

Put themselves in the shop window so to speak.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I'm right but if it does not get resolved, they all go back, isn't there some sort o exception to the rule with regards to a gk?

I'm the thick end of 6 foot four, have played a bit in goal in my time and I'm not cup tied...

Edited by Dave_Og

I'm the thick end of 6 foot four, have played a bit in goal in my time and I'm not cup tied...

Yeah but your outrageous pay demands of a pie and a cup of bovril plus your long standing commitment to one football club rather than a new club every year clearly puts you outside of the boards recruitment strategy.

Now if you were to win the lottery and were prepared to pay per play i'm sure SC would send Barry around to negotiate terms - maybe a long term loam deal

the loan would be you loaning them money of course ..... :clint:

The press have reported that we've been behind on loan fees. Fact? Probably I'd say.

We're clearly behind to someone but it's anyone's guess who. The loan fee could be one off or monthly or anything, and when the FA are involved they pay the bills with the money they were going to give to us.

Ever decreasing circles, folks!

Now, tell me how myself and a few others called out by our leader in his last video nasty would help things...

Bit concerned that the Trust appears as much in the dark over the loan fees situation as the rest of us.

Edited by boundaryblue80

As I understand it Middlesborough can recall Ripley during the January window if the loan agreement includes a recall clause. Otherwise they could recall him now, because he is a goalkeeper, if they have less than two of their other first team goalkeepers fit at any time during the agreement. Finally they can recall him by mutual consent i.e. they offer us three pence half penny and we take the money.

Let us hope he stays for the Mansfield game and after winning that wants to stay with us. He would be better staying with us rather than sitting on a bench somewhere unless he is recalled to be sold on. He will have been watched and I can see Middlesborough getting some very tempting offers come January.

Why worry - at least we have him for the next three easy fixtures!

Now, tell me how myself and a few others called out by our leader in his last video nasty would help things...

Bit concerned that the Trust appears as much in the dark over the loan fees situation as the rest of us.

If the parent clubs were so unhappy about it then the players wouldn't be involved in games.

Maybe the clubs are sympathetic to our situation?

If the parent clubs were so unhappy about it then the players wouldn't be involved in games.

Maybe the clubs are sympathetic to our situation?

Maybe as SC pointed out its far from being an abnormal situation to be, in owing money to other clubs, and everyone just gets on with it knowing lower league teams can't always pay bills on time

Maybe as SC pointed out its far from being an abnormal situation to be, in owing money to other clubs, and everyone just gets on with it knowing lower league teams can't always pay bills on time

Might have changed but I think the rule with ticket sales is that you have pay the home club within a week, perhaps embargo has stemmed from that.

If our situation is normal, and clubs normally accept it, is there something that's made them react differently this time?

The level of debt owed? Frequency of it happening? Multiple creditors?

If our situation is normal, and clubs normally accept it, is there something that's made them react differently this time?

The level of debt owed? Frequency of it happening? Multiple creditors?

Maybe the desperation of one of the creditors? Slap Oldham to pay up or face being slapped by the FA or another club in return

Dog eat dog

So yet another OWTB "fact" is created, we haven't paid 'Boro for the loan of Ripley.

We may not be paying anything for Ripley. We are certainly not paying his full wage. I guess Fulham,Leeds and Wigan want some cash, but Boro?

As a trust member and on a personal note, I don't keep track of every loan player we have...I have enough trouble every season working out who we have kept, who the new guy is. I tend to look at their boots...but that's another story.

I have no idea if each loan is tailored, or it's a set standard contract. What I have learnt and a possible scenario is that if we have agree to take the player on, we may have agreed with the parent club that they will pay that players wages but the parent club will then invoice us. So maybe it's a case that we have not paid the invoices?

I heard on the radio last week that Rochdale have denied it was them that leaked or financial woes so who Knows which club did.

Edited by underdog