Depressing fact of the day...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More fitting of the aspirations of our current owner is that there are nine teams we've played in this league who have fallen outside the FL :

York

Lincoln

Stockport

Tranmere

Rushden and Diamonds

Dagenham

Hereford

Wrexham

Torquay

Darlington if you include the Auto Windscreen Shield

Fact since being in league one we have played Burton, Doncaster and Yeovil all

Came up from the Conference and and gained promotion to the Championship

To be honest the idea of a season in League 2 and the aways that go with it are rather quite appealing, if we are bottom of League 2 by Christmas next year I may feel differently though.

You must be mad....I'd rather see us struggle in this division than the one below where the football will be even worse.

If we go down we'll stay there for the foreseeable or drop even lower!!

You must be mad....I'd rather see us struggle in this division than the one below where the football will be even worse.

If we go down we'll stay there for the foreseeable or drop even lower!!

I agree, if we go down we will still be faced with the same chronic lack of investment we are seeing now, but in a Division below, the Conference would be beckoning.

To be honest the idea of a season in League 2 and the aways that go with it are rather quite appealing, if we are bottom of League 2 by Christmas next year I may feel differently though.

Robbos tactic would certainly see us bottom half of league 2.

When your chosen means of escapism from mundane daily activities becomes the greater chore and your social identity is gradually eroded is it really that surprising that even die-hard supporters will seek alternative ways to get their testosterone and dopamine fix.

Bar a few games under Sheridan we have been served anti-football for far too long amidst a carousel of football charlatans and useless gob:censored:es masquerading as managers. Nobody can make the same mistakes time and time again. I'm starting to think that Corney is the antichrist and this is a deliberate strategy by him to reduce the value of the clubs assets so that liquidation is the only option.

Anyone lost a ginger cat, it's made itself at home and the kids have given it all my corned beef so there's nothing for tea.

Guest nonaenever

Anyone lost a ginger cat, it's made itself at home and the kids have given it all my corned beef so there's nothing for tea.

How bizarre - a ginger cat turned up on my doorstep earlier looking very sorry. I gave it my lamb chops - and, perhaps not surprisingly, it's still sat there 2 hours later! I`m now in the process of making it a comfy corner in the garage and just nipping to Asda for some more lamb chops - for the cat.... not me. It's nice to bring a little happiness and a welcome distraction from the mundane affairs of our local football team :omg:

How bizarre - a ginger cat turned up on my doorstep earlier looking very sorry. I gave it my lamb chops - and, perhaps not surprisingly, it's still sat there 2 hours later! I`m now in the process of making it a comfy corner in the garage and just nipping to Asda for some more lamb chops - for the cat.... not me. It's nice to bring a little happiness and a welcome distraction from the mundane affairs of our local football team :omg:

It's not the Latics club cat is it looking for food?

Looks like Rochdale are going to pick up a hefty sum

Scott Hogan of Brentford, who you'd expect them to have a sell-on clause for, is subject of a £9m bid from Reading.

I wonder if they've sold their sell-on clause to Brentford like we did...

Edited by NewBlue

How far we have sunk that next season we will be looking for revenge over Lincoln!

Albeit our best performance this season at home was against Doncaster, who are flying in League 2, so may not all be doom and gloom. At least 10 ticks for me to collect next year aswell, will make it into the 70s club!

Guest nonaenever

How far we have sunk that next season we will be looking for revenge over Lincoln!

Albeit our best performance this season at home was against Doncaster, who are flying in League 2, so may not all be doom and gloom. At least 10 ticks for me to collect next year aswell, will make it into the 70s club!

Personally thought beating Scunthorpe at home was our best performance this season. I have a bald patch from constantly scratching my head as to why we can perform like that just the once at home????

I work with a Brighton fan who is obviously thoroughly enjoying himself with their current position and indeed recent seasons. Is a big fans of Dale Stephens also.

On discussing my team's plight, he regaled me with a story of having to avoid defeat at Hereford on the final day of the 1996-97 season - in a one game shoot out - to avoid dropping into the conference. They drew 1-1 after going 1-0 down courtesy of an OG.

23 Brighton 46 13 10 23 53 70 47

------------------------------------------

24 Hereford 46 11 14 21 50 65 47

They stayed up spuriously on goals scored, having a worse goal difference and having had 2 points deducted earlier in the season for a pitch invasion. The previous season they had been relegated from the 3rd tier.

This season also coincided with them being made homeless, when the Goldstone Ground was sold for redevelopment and they began over a decade sleeping on sofa's at either Gillingham or the Withdean.

It took them 4 years to begin to compete in the basement division and they finished 2nd bottom ahead of Donny in 1997-98 too, albeit by quite some distance.

It's enough to chill the bones.

Russell Slade eventually got them going with the likes of Bobby Zamora and Leon Knight and they made it up to the Championship but were more settled in the 3rd tier [with us] until their current owner - a multi millionaire professional poker player and born & bred Brightonian who also happened to be a Seagulls fan - invested some £100m+ in new infrastructure and the team.

He tells me he never forgets the bad times and it makes him appreciate the good times more.

Edited by lookersstandandy