Positivity

Shez will help rebuild and get the best out of the mainly sack of crap he has been left.I'd much rather he has the chance of getting us out of the :censored: than his timid and inept predecessor.

Is that positive enough!!

I think we all realised that even before yesterday about the squads deficiencies it was never as simple as just changing the manager. We all knew about the deficiencies in midfield. We all knew the way that the club was managed last summer with the fire sale and the winding up order that it was going to have a knock on effect and we were going to struggle this season.

The players we brought in while known to us were short on game time this season. We are I believe atleast 3 signings (atleast 2 of which are midfielders) away from a team that can get out of trouble.

It was likely to be a harder task than last season which is due to the strength of the squad Sheridan inherits this time which itself is the reason he left last summer and partly due to the constraints on the former manager is why we sit where we are.

However all is not lost 3 decent signings and this can turn round their is still plenty of football still to be played we have games in hand, plus 3 home local derbies (4 if you count Sheffield United) where hopefully we will see decent crowds and a newly invigorated team.

Keep the faith

Edited by GlossopLatic

The squad is :censored:e we all know that. But I think people are forgetting just how poor everyone around us is as well. I reckon with one quality playmaker ala Baxter or Palmer we should have just enough but whether we find him or not is another matter.

We don't have to be good to stay up this year we just have to be less :censored: than 4 other teams.

Edited by philliggi

Well, looking at the threads, it's lasted one game.

That's surely a record, even for us.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over Saturday's defeat. I think it being a six-pointer has knocked the stuffing out of people a little but we did at least win last weekend. Sheridan's really had no time at all to try and improve things and the next week will dictate what the squad is going to look like for the rest of the season. It can't be any worse than it was up to this point, so might as well just settle in and get on with it.

Reasons to be positive:

We have a new manager - one with experience of the division and our club.

We appear to be in a position to make some changes to the current squad - not wholesale by any means, but new faces give hope.

We have just short of half a season left to get the benefit from these changes

I think I could provide a larger list of the reasons to be fearful but this is not the thread for that