Club statement

Umm ....from here in the Canaries I must have missed something. Wasn't it Corney who challenged fans to come and ask him anything? Why are said fans therefore shy of asking certain questions....." We will be told as and when something concrete happens". ...really? Why was this meeting necessary then if we have been historically told when something concrete has happened?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prozac - hear what you're saying but rumour-mongering is unproductive. Yes, everyone knows he's been seeking possible Chinese investors but why do some people see it necessary to put out via the internet and message boards that someone has been seen having a meal with 2 Chinese men? I`m sure we will be told as and when anything concrete has happened.

Personally, I`ve learned a lesson. Having at least established some kind of trust and link between some fans and the Chairman, it would be great for that to be built upon. However, it certainly won't be me posting any further meeting notes etc. on here. It's an impossible task in many respects. A prime example is the clamour to know (from the meeting on 24th) how much the club is for sale for, lock, stock and barrel. Does anyone really think that was an appropriate question to be asking, knowing full well the club may be involved in sensitive negotiations around that very subject that day and beyond?

Can you imagine our credibility with the Chairman if we had asked it? It just was not the right time.

There's been another comment around self-selected representatives at the meeting. Quite unbelievable. This goes back weeks and weeks and anyone has been welcome to attend and meet him. I have no idea why they didn't but it's clear some fans have got a huge chip on their shoulder and will believe any conspiracy theory going instead of at least trying to get to the truth.

So, I`ll keep in touch with those who want to continue and try to build bridges but no more reporting on here.

That was a mis-quote it was initially referred to as self-elected which they were. There is no conspiracy theory. It was a fact.

Oh and I think the posts about the asking price were tongue in cheek. Chill out. Your threat to make it a closed shop now is foolish

Guest nonaenever

Umm ....from here in the Canaries I must have missed something. Wasn't it Corney who challenged fans to come and ask him anything? Why are said fans therefore shy of asking certain questions....." We will be told as and when something concrete happens". ...really? Why was this meeting necessary then if we have been historically told when something concrete has happened?

No - you've missed nothing - get back on your sunbed and come and criticise again when you're back on home soil.

Guest nonaenever

Your threat to make it a closed shop now is foolish

It wasn't a threat. I simply said I would not be reporting on here. That doesn't make it a closed shop - another attendee can report if they want. As I`ve written elsewhere, email or IM me if you, or anyone else, wants to go to the next meeting. It would actually be v good to see some of the harsher critics in attendance.

Guest nonaenever

My very last point - honest.

One fan was absolutely certain (because he'd heard from his mate) one of our players was being paid by the club just £500 a week and he stated that was the fundamental issue i.e. we pay terrible wages and just attract dross. Evidence proved that not to be the case, said player was on 4 times that amount (basic) - told the fan - doesn't believe it! Wants to believe his own truth - that's the futility of trying to convince non-believers.

Anyhow, be nice to get back to football for a change - Chesterfield here we come.

Bye for now.

Guest nonaenever

Futility of trying to convince non believers - you really have been converted.

More faces than Big Ben or more heads than Worzel Gummidge I can't work out which.

Not a clue what you are on about. I mentioned one "rumour" about wages which was knocked on the head by "evidence"? Why does that make me multi-faced?

One fan was absolutely certain (because he'd heard from his mate) one of our players was being paid by the club just £500 a week and he stated that was the fundamental issue i.e. we pay terrible wages and just attract dross. Evidence proved that not to be the case, said player was on 4 times that amount (basic) - told the fan - doesn't believe it! Wants to believe his own truth - that's the futility of trying to convince non-believers.

Anyhow, be nice to get back to football for a change - Chesterfield here we come.

Bye for now.

Did you see, or were you told, how much Fane is being paid?

That was a mis-quote it was initially referred to as self-elected which they were. There is no conspiracy theory. It was a fact.

Oh and I think the posts about the asking price were tongue in cheek. Chill out. Your threat to make it a closed shop now is foolish

How on earth were they self selected?

Post truth alternative facts era is truly upon us.

That would be confidential formation that would never be shared.

Yeah.....

One fan was absolutely certain (because he'd heard from his mate) one of our players was being paid by the club just £500 a week and he stated that was the fundamental issue i.e. we pay terrible wages and just attract dross. Evidence proved that not to be the case, said player was on 4 times that amount (basic) -

Guest nonaenever

Harry - just to put this one to bed, I`ve sent you an IM.

That's it now, though - completely sick of it all, if I`m honest.

(Edit - before the theories start - not a clue on Fane's wage!)

Edited by nonaenever

Bye for now.

So were you provided with evidence of what a specific player is earning? Can't say I'd be best pleased, if I was the player in question.

prozac - hear what you're saying but rumour-mongering is unproductive. Yes, everyone knows he's been seeking possible Chinese investors but why do some people see it necessary to put out via the internet and message boards that someone has been seen having a meal with 2 Chinese men? I`m sure we will be told as and when anything concrete has happened.

Personally, I`ve learned a lesson. Having at least established some kind of trust and link between some fans and the Chairman, it would be great for that to be built upon. However, it certainly won't be me posting any further meeting notes etc. on here. It's an impossible task in many respects. A prime example is the clamour to know (from the meeting on 24th) how much the club is for sale for, lock, stock and barrel. Does anyone really think that was an appropriate question to be asking, knowing full well the club may be involved in sensitive negotiations around that very subject that day and beyond?

Can you imagine our credibility with the Chairman if we had asked it? It just was not the right time.

There's been another comment around self-selected representatives at the meeting. Quite unbelievable. This goes back weeks and weeks and anyone has been welcome to attend and meet him. I have no idea why they didn't but it's clear some fans have got a huge chip on their shoulder and will believe any conspiracy theory going instead of at least trying to get to the truth.

So, I`ll keep in touch with those who want to continue and try to build bridges but no more reporting on here.

I'm gutted and frankly angry that it has come to this.

People clearly have their agenda, don't want information because they will have to face the fact they may have been wrong and would rather continue to direct their Ire at someone

I urge you to reconsider the engagement though for the benefit of the sensible majority.

I'm gutted and frankly angry that it has come to this.

People clearly have their agenda, don't want information because they will have to face the fact they may have been wrong and would rather continue to direct their Ire at someone

I urge you to reconsider the engagement though for the benefit of the sensible majority.

Here here. I can't beleive some1 who took the time and effort to get some answers is being crucified because it doesn't meet people expectations or answers, even though they were offered the very same platform.

And I'm in the Corney out camp.

Rock and a hard place

Just to put the record straight non of us had any previous contact with Simon Corney other than having attended public club events at which he was present.

We all attended to understand better how the club was run and how we have ended up with a club, that we all love to support, in such a dire situation.

We got as much information as was possible within the time available and have communicated that on this message board to the best of our abilities.

We understand that there are further follow up questions and issues that we would all like to know more about and we currently intend to have a follow up meeting.

When that takes place has yet to be decided, what is certain is that we would welcome more of you to attend. I am sure that if more attend it will enhance the quality of the outcome.