Club statement

You're obviously an educated man NNN, you come across as concise and articulate. There's a valuable lesson here, you've tried to build a bridge between the fans and an increasingly distant boardroom. However, the initial process was to record a warts and all interview where fans were invited to put Corney on the spot because he has nothing to hide and he was going to spell it out like it is and I think you've been stitched up by the process.

What we got was vastly watered down, the club would only properly commit on the day and two other representatives were there like it or not to keep Corney in check to make sure he didn't get too emotional. Pre-submitting the questions stinks, if it was to be a genuinely independent and open process as Corney offered then he should have been prepared for any eventuality. Then submitting the minutes for approval and taking time to post the minutes reduced the effectiveness of the meeting. There's been a muddying of the waters like has happened so many times when dealing with Simon and club officials. He's quite charming, and open and honest in his company and quickly wins you over, that's clear to see here, you feel you've had a productive meeting and I commend you for that. The reality is there's nothing in your notes that we didn't already know and nothig Simon would not have told all and sundry. He invited me and others originally, I declined and he rang a third party to explain he wanted to call out other detractors and offer them the chance to discuss their grievances. I've had about 6 private chats with him over the years the last in 2015, from then there's not much changed and there's nothing new to learn. I hope you do convey to Simon that an open fans forum is the way forward. If it turns into a bun fight so be it, get grievances aired (constructively) and lets move forward together.

My biggest issue is you taking people to task over the Chinese interest, this is a fans forum for the fans by the fans. It is totally independent. There's been occasions when the club and the trust have tried to bring it in house to get contributors to toe the party line. Instead and they should be applauded for it Rummy et al prefer to self police and fund raise, to keep this site independent. We've been so devoid of hope for such a long time if people want to speculate over new investment and dare to dream, I'm not sure how that causes issues?

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're obviously an educated man NNN, you come across as concise and articulate. There's a valuable lesson here, you've tried to build a bridge between the fans and an increasingly distant boardroom. However, the initial process was to record a warts and all interview where fans were invited to put Corney on the spot because he has nothing to hide and he was going to spell it out like it is and I think you've been stitched up by the process.

What we got was vastly watered down, the club would only properly commit on the day and two other representatives were there like it or not to keep Corney in check to make sure he didn't get too emotional. Pre-submitting the questions stinks, if it was to be a genuinely independent and open process as Corney offered then he should have been prepared for any eventuality. Then submitting the minutes for approval and taking time to post the minutes reduced the effectiveness of the meeting. There's been a muddying of the waters like has happened so many times when dealing with Simon and club officials. He's quite charming, and open and honest in his company and quickly wins you over, that's clear to see here, you feel you've had a productive meeting and I commend you for that. The reality is there's nothing in your notes that we didn't already know and nothig Simon would not have told all and sundry. He invited me and others originally, I declined and he rang a third party to explain he wanted to call out other detractors and offer them the chance to discuss their grievances. I've had about 6 private chats with him over the years the last in 2015, from then there's not much changed and there's nothing new to learn. I hope you do convey to Simon that an open fans forum is the way forward. If it turns into a bun fight so be it, get grievances aired (constructively) and lets move forward together.

My biggest issue is you taking people to task over the Chinese interest, this is a fans forum for the fans by the fans. It is totally independent. There's been occasions when the club and the trust have tried to bring it in house to get contributors to toe the party line. Instead and they should be applauded for it Rummy et al prefer to self police and fund raise, to keep this site independent. We've been so devoid of hope for such a long time if people want to speculate over new investment and dare to dream, I'm not sure how that causes issues?

The questions weren't pre-submitted,presumably something else will "stink";the minutes took a couple of days to produce because as well a volunteering to help I have a business to run;the club representatives made minor amendments to facts only adding to information not removing anything ; it was sensible to run the notes past the club representatives to cover ourselves legally.

Cover yourselves legally? The club invited you if it had been recorded as promised there would have been no 'legal' issues to check.

Anyway well done for getting your foot in the door and reporting back. Putting your head above the parapet like I and others have done in the past is never easy, and you can't please everyone.

Edited by oafcprozac

Some of you won't go because then you'd have :censored: all to moan about.

Some prize pricks on here having a pop at those who went.

Like has been said numerous times, if you don't like how it was done, go your :censored:ing self and do it any way you see fit.

Bellends

Grow up

Corney challenged the fans to a videoed meeting because of the half truths and keyboard warriors he so derided. The outcome? An offline meeting with 2 acolytes and advance site of the reports of the outcomes. To me it seems to have been a political,broadcast on behalf of the Corney party and a propaganda coup for Blitz.

Unless I am missing something Mr Corney suggested that if it was not videoed he could reveal more details.....Spend a few minutes unpicking that!

Guest nonaenever

My biggest issue is you taking people to task over the Chinese interest, this is a fans forum for the fans by the fans. It is totally independent.

Thank you, Prozac and all your post noted. I took issue with one person - because he wrongly accused me of "fuelling the fire" when I had actually tried to help to clarify his initial rumour-mongering. OWTB has been v helpful in this process generally - my/our biggest learning point, however, is not to do these things via message boards (and I was warned of this - you know who you are :pokeuu: - you were right lol). It won't be happening again on my account.

Thank you, Prozac and all your post noted. I took issue with one person - because he wrongly accused me of "fuelling the fire" when I had actually tried to help to clarify his initial rumour-mongering. OWTB has been v helpful in this process generally - my/our biggest learning point, however, is not to do these things via message boards (and I was warned of this - you know who you are :pokeuu: - you were right lol). It won't be happening again on my account.

How many 'last posts' is that now?

Guest nonaenever

How many 'last posts' is that now?

That was the penultimate! I have actually tried to find out how to delete my account but I can't find it anywhere. Can you advise please as I need to get on with my life but find myself rising to the bait more and more. I`m gone - if the site will let me!

Guest nonaenever

Singe

They went as fans reps. They are now sharing confidential information provided by the Chairman . Where is the efficacy in that from either the chairman or the fans reps?

He was taking the Mikey - see the first bullet point ! No, we didn't see individual wages

That was the penultimate! I have actually tried to find out how to delete my account but I can't find it anywhere. Can you advise please as I need to get on with my life but find myself rising to the bait more and more. I`m gone - if the site will let me!

Just turn your computer/ phone / tablet off....it's easy

Just don't post anything. It's that simple

Edited by Steve_R