Club statement

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure what he's got to do, him and his mates are in for a few quid and don't appear to want to write their losses off so I suspect we are looking for someone gullible enough to part with the money to cover their losses which they will struggle to do, I'd say this is the preferred option.

Plan B is in full swing though with Corney as the administrator pumping 1.3 million of his own in a year to keep us ticking over.

I'm not quite sure what he's got to do, him and his mates are in for a few quid and don't appear to want to write their losses off so I suspect we are looking for someone gullible enough to part with the money to cover their losses which they will struggle to do, I'd say this is the preferred option.

Plan B is in full swing though with Corney as the administrator pumping 1.3 million of his own in a year to keep us ticking over.

Yeah how long can plan b happen for? You have to wonder.

How does this work with ffp too?

Except that isn't what has happened.

Oh it is.....the attendees have stated that they have information they cannot share with us? That is Mr Corney sending them out with a message.........unless I am mistaken the very first line of the report which was vetted before publication starts " Mr Corney wants....." I think that tells us all we need to know about who was orchestrating that meeting?

We are left with half messages , half truths and interpretation of same

Is that not what Mr Corney ranted about originally and later accused Keegan of perpetuating?

prozac - hear what you're saying but rumour-mongering is unproductive. Yes, everyone knows he's been seeking possible Chinese investors but why do some people see it necessary to put out via the internet and message boards that someone has been seen having a meal with 2 Chinese men? I`m sure we will be told as and when anything concrete has happened.

Personally, I`ve learned a lesson. Having at least established some kind of trust and link between some fans and the Chairman, it would be great for that to be built upon. However, it certainly won't be me posting any further meeting notes etc. on here. It's an impossible task in many respects. A prime example is the clamour to know (from the meeting on 24th) how much the club is for sale for, lock, stock and barrel. Does anyone really think that was an appropriate question to be asking, knowing full well the club may be involved in sensitive negotiations around that very subject that day and beyond?

Can you imagine our credibility with the Chairman if we had asked it? It just was not the right time.

There's been another comment around self-selected representatives at the meeting. Quite unbelievable. This goes back weeks and weeks and anyone has been welcome to attend and meet him. I have no idea why they didn't but it's clear some fans have got a huge chip on their shoulder and will believe any conspiracy theory going instead of at least trying to get to the truth.

So, I`ll keep in touch with those who want to continue and try to build bridges but no more reporting on here.

Sorry to repeat myself....however does the bolded quotes above mean that the next planned meeting is to go ahead without reporting on this site?

Oh it is.....the attendees have stated that they have information they cannot share with us? That is Mr Corney sending them out with a message.........unless I am mistaken the very first line of the report which was vetted before publication starts " Mr Corney wants....." I think that tells us all we need to know about who was orchestrating that meeting?

I'm pretty certain that the information that couldn't be shared was, for example, specific wages of players. This shouldn't be shared without the consent of the players. Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

As for Corney orchestrating the meeting...at the moment I see it as both sides being conciliatory towards each other. There's still a lot of trust to be built up between the group and Corney. More reliable information will become apparent as further meetings happen.

The current owners have to go if the club stands any chance of progressing, but for us fans to make any impact on the front we need to have an organised group having dialogue with the club. The only way I see the last meeting as being a failure is if we as fans don't take things any further. If Corney halts this dialogue then I'll be more suspicious of his intentions. I already don't trust his competence.

I see all that has happened this season as the beginning of the process. To make any notable changes to our club will be a long process, but at least the apathy has started to diminish.

What else is there to be gleaned from further meetings? Looked like a pretty broad brush going off the notes.

And what are people looking to do with this information?

We now have been told that the owner of OAFC 2004 Ltd has no shares in the part finished 24/7 money making operation.

We now are told that some players are vastly overpaid-in my opinion anyway. Clarke excepted perhaps

We are told that OAFC is liable for rent payments at £100K per annum but hasnt paid for a long time.

We are told that cash flow needed subsidising by £1.3M 'last year'

I certainly think that the 'friendly' meeting was worthwhile but it seems that certain attendees are not happy with a bit of piss taking questioning and mis-quotes by posters. What did they really expect?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I wish I could say that I was surprised that this has panned out how it has but there was no doubt whatsoever that it would do so. Those that put their hands up get slated; those who snipe anonymously will carry on doing just that. Twas ever thus.

I wish I could say that I was surprised that this has panned out how it has but there was no doubt whatsoever that it would do so. Those that put their hands up get slated; those who snipe anonymously will carry on doing just that. Twas ever thus.

I'd say the lads who went have made a decent fist of it.

And Corney has been open enough without giving the whole game away.

Such a scenario was never going to sate the thirst of the usual suspects though.

We now have been told that the owner of OAFC 2004 Ltd has no shares in the part finished 24/7 money making operation.

We now are told that some players are vastly overpaid-in my opinion anyway. Clarke excepted perhaps

We are told that OAFC is liable for rent payments at £100K per annum but hasnt paid for a long time.

I certainly think that the 'friendly' meeting was worthwhile but it seems that certain attendees are not happy with a bit of piss taking questioning and mis-quotes by posters. What did they really expect?

Are you saying we should be paying rent of 100k per annum in the North Stand?

I'd say the lads who went have made a decent fist of it.

And Corney has been open enough without giving the whole game away.

Such a scenario was never going to sate the thirst of the usual suspects though.

I agree that they made a decent fist of it. But I think Corney's full of :censored:. Nothing they can do about that.

Well from you this is exactly what most people expected. No support for any of the attendees and your last line sums up your attitude to them perfectly. Perhaps naively they expected some support for them trying to do something positive. I notice you had no postings early in this thread when most people where expressing thanks and appreciation for their efforts, as soon as the tone changed up you pop to start firing bullets again at the club ownership and attendees.

Tell me something. What use are the above 4 points to you? What actual difference does it make knowing the above? You have no means of changing the clubs ownership, we already knew the club was skint. What players/people earn is none of your business. Not paying the rent but not being held accountable for it is surely a good thing and we all know that the club runs a cash deficit

I've said it earlier. I thought the line from the club was, the budget as been cut as the attendance as fallen. However, the club is in a far better position than most clubs because we have no debt (other than to TTA) and is self funding due to this cautious approach.

So now it's only running due to Corney throwing in 1.3 Million of his money per season. How much did the black hole due to the ridiculous season ticket offer cost? is this within this figure?.

For what it's worth I'd hazard a guess ownership of OEC was transferred to Blitz and Gazal as security seeing as they probably paid for it, it may well of been Corneys intention to keep hold of the keys but to get it finished and the funds made available to him he's had to give it up.

Well from you this is exactly what most people expected. No support for any of the attendees and your last line sums up your attitude to them perfectly. Perhaps naively they expected some support for them trying to do something positive. I notice you had no postings early in this thread when most people where expressing thanks and appreciation for their efforts, as soon as the tone changed up you pop to start firing bullets again at the club ownership and attendees.

I had no postings early on because I wanted to see the notes first. I think that your logic is quite obviously very blinkered, to say the least.

You responded to a post of mine in which I pointed out what useful information had come out from the meeting.

You choose to pick on 1 line where I think the attendees should have expected a bit of piss taking and incorrect quotes from posters.

You then appoint yourself as a spokesman for other people. If you want an argument about it then go on, bring it on.

The notes contained some worrying information regarding the 24/7 operation where all the money has been going rather than into the squad.

This 24/7 operation was promoted as a way of propping up the football club and its losses in years to come. Do you think NOW that it might?

Without the meeting that information might not have been forthcoming until March. Do I need to put hugs and kisses on my posts?

I've said it earlier. I thought the line from the club was, the budget as been cut as the attendance as fallen. However, the club is in a far better position than most clubs because we have no debt (other than to TTA) and is self funding due to this cautious approach.

So now it's only running due to Corney throwing in 1.3 Million of his money per season. How much did the black hole due to the ridiculous season ticket offer cost? is this within this figure?.

Not to mention the scouse charge held against the club.

You then appoint yourself as a spokesman for other people. If you want an argument about it then go on, bring it on.

Just where in that post have I appointed myself as a spokesperson for other people? It is a simple observation of the discussion on this thread and your hostility to the clubs ownership.

I notice you have chosen to ignore the one question you have been asked-again. Perhaps if you take your time again and read the post you will manage to come up with an answer.

Just where in that post have I appointed myself as a spokesperson for other people? It is a simple observation of the discussion on this thread and your hostility to the clubs ownership.

I notice you have chosen to ignore the one question you have been asked-again. Perhaps if you take your time again and read the post you will manage to come up with an answer.

It is bad enough not being able to comprehend what other people have written but when you fail to understand what you yourself have written

then it is most worrying. You have obviously made your mind up about me already. OK so be it.

Why do you feel that I have to answer to you by the way?