Club statement

Not up to speed on this one been pre occupied with a newborn. I have a lot of respect for NnN and co for setting this up but it lost all worth when this wasn't filmed.... May as well lock the post (the meeting one!) now because this has fueled more speculation than it quashed.

Should have postponed if it couldnt be recorded

Edited by Fruitygoo

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Futility of trying to convince non believers - you really have been converted.

More faces than Big Ben or more heads than Worzel Gummidge I can't work out which.

I believe that you are the one who can make our club great again.

Please take over our club and right it's wrongs. We need you.

Corney challenged the fans to a videoed meeting because of the half truths and keyboard warriors he so derided. The outcome? An offline meeting with 2 acolytes and advance site of the reports of the outcomes. To me it seems to have been a political,broadcast on behalf of the Corney party and a propaganda coup for Blitz.

Unless I am missing something Mr Corney suggested that if it was not videoed he could reveal more details.....Spend a few minutes unpicking that!

There were 6 people I believe in attendance not 2. Few of them definitely been massively critical of SC beforehand.

They have been told they can continue the meeting as not everything was covered. Why don't you and Yarddog73 pop down to the next one. Rather than just being bellends

Nobody should having a go at the fans who went along to hear what Corney had to say. If you take a step back though you can see spin beneath the whole thing since The Chairman called fans out through Robbo being sacked to the absurdity of the recent statement

There were 6 people I believe in attendance not 2. Few of them definitely been massively critical of SC beforehand.

They have been told they can continue the meeting as not everything was covered. Why don't you and Yarddog73 pop down to the next one. Rather than just being bellends

Good post until the last sentence. Really, what was the point of it?

Nobody should having a go at the fans who went along to hear what Corney had to say. If you take a step back though you can see spin beneath the whole thing since The Chairman called fans out through Robbo being sacked to the absurdity of the recent statement

Spot on.

It's got nothing to do with the fans that went. You went because you care. Fair play, all of you.

However, I'll ask again, why didn't Corney take NNN offer to rearrange the meeting, when he knew he was so busy? SC OFFERED to film it, then on the day, the video guy was busy. Why? Because it was match day- fair enough. But SC knew it was match day, and he'd be busy, So why didn't he re-arrange it?????

My issue isn't what was said. It's what was not said or given chance to be said. SC has very clearly given info that a lot fans of a lot clubs would applaud- again fair enough. But where is the balance? The notes read as an overview of everything Corney wants to say, what about what the guys in there really want to ask him? It works both ways.

To my mind, it was offered as a clear the air meeting, which was to be filmed for openness and transparency. A chance for us to all move forward.

However, because of the lack of filming, and a lack of balance being afforded to people asking the questions, it feels like spin. You can't tell people only the truths you want them them to know, and not expect people to be cynical.

You couldn't make this up. Only at Latics could this become such a drama.

NNN it's the Internet just ignore the abuse and idiots and share the information with the fans otherwise what's the point in what you are all doing? If you close yourself off you are no longer doing it for the fans at all. And people will rightfully become suspicious of your dealings with Corney.

Why did you go Mcfluffy? I mean this was a meeting for those who wanted answers to get them yet Corneys staunchest fan who defends him even against the indefensible ends up at the table and no doubt influenced the format of the meeting.

I find it a little puzzling that the parameters of the meeting changed so much from what was proposed initially but I'm not really suprised when some of those attending have there own motives as for me I'm not prepared to sit there and be spoon fed bull:censored: off the guy in a PR exercise where he holds all the cards if that makes me a bellend fair enough.

We have to believe NNN when he says it's an ongoing thing. The more meetings, the more rewarding the dialogue. The danger now is that these 6 fans may throw the towel in, and who could blame 'em?

I think and hope this will be an ongoing thing for a couple more meetings I'm prepared to believe NNN with this and the fact it wasn't recorded. I do hope that a greater effort is made to make sure the next one is recorded and I hope we get a few more answers at the next one too.

Do you really think if it was filmed you would get more info? No. Why because it would make he liable. Where as face to face he can give more info and purely deny it if anyone tries to file a complaint against him. Do you really think he would go through players wages and name players complaining about the fans? No why? That would make he liable. Would hate to think what a joke and a mess the club would be if fans took over the club. We would need more than a good solicitor.

I find it a little puzzling that the parameters of the meeting changed so much from what was proposed initially but I'm not really suprised when some of those attending have there own motives as for me I'm not prepared to sit there and be spoon fed bull:censored: off the guy in a PR exercise where he holds all the cards if that makes me a bellend fair enough.

It doesn't make you a bellend.

But it was their first meeting. There's a long way to go with this.

Can I ask, is there anything Corney could do to change your mind?

Why did you go Mcfluffy? I mean this was a meeting for those who wanted answers to get them yet Corneys staunchest fan who defends him even against the indefensible ends up at the table and no doubt influenced the format of the meeting.

Well attend the next one stop hiding behind that keyboard. You were given the chance last time. Stop with the pathetic nonsense behind a keyboard and speak at face to face. Edited by adamoafc

The role of the attending fans was to ask questions to provide information from which non attending fans could form their own opinion....what has happened is that the attending want to hand down their opinion for us to hold.

Not strictly true. The notes from the meeting record what was discussed. There is some opinion granted but still an honest reflection of events.

Next time should include the formal QA session as originally envisaged.