Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

NNN it's great you've built up this rapport with Simon.

Just touching on the Simon was disappointed that their wasn't more fans at the meeting. I've seen fans on all platforms of social media say they wish they could of gone etc yes I know it was open and up to them to say they wanted to, but I do genuinely feel that some may nkt of known about this.

Do you think it would be an idea to ask the chairman if he would do a fans forum in the north stand one mid week night?

Using the same approach of pre asked questions?

Even if the idea is just floated at first just to gauge the interest in the event? Am sure it would be popular.

An open forum would decend into chaos...to many empty head oldham supporters around that would just shout over the guy answering the pre planned questions and then call him a liar anyway if they don't like the answers! Edited by super_blue

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Although we got a huge amount of information (as posted in the meeting notes) I was disappointed to read that the list of questions was dispensed with. At any subsequent meeting, I would hope that these questions are indeed put to the club representatives.

Me too if I am honest, BigDog - my gut instinct said it was not the correct way to proceed but I bowed to the majority of the fans at the pre-meet. If I hadn't it may have come across as me being dictatorial. That's no criticism whatsoever of anyone or of the decision - and the meeting with the club's reps was very good - but the next one should have specific questions and answers in my opinion.

Me too if I am honest, BigDog - my gut instinct said it was not the correct way to proceed but I bowed to the majority of the fans at the pre-meet. If I hadn't it may have come across as me being dictatorial. That's no criticism whatsoever of anyone or of the decision - and the meeting with the club's reps was very good - but the next one should have specific questions and answers in my opinion.

There in lies the problem. It's a very hard balancing act. How do you ask the difficult questions without alienating SC.

However, through no fault of yours or the others it feels very diluted to what was originally offered/planned.

Re- filming; I said before, why didn't he take your offer to rearrange When he was less busy? Maybe at a time when the window had closed, and he wasn't entertaining potential new investors.

It just feels like it was a platform for SC to put out the information he wants- leaving people thinking l

I might go to the next one if fan representatives can each ask an agreed pre selected question in turn.

That's how I ran meetings when I was Secretary of our local association.

Going round the room prevents a free-for all and gives everyone a chance of a say I found.

Isn't that the pan calling the kettle burnt arse Mcfluffy seeing as you've got previous for calling me a :censored: something I'd guarantee you wouldn't do to my face.

Let's see. You sit there slagging off Corney. Have opportunity to go and see some facts for yourself after he offered you the chance. You :censored: out. Some other fans, some very critical of him in the past, go and look at this information. They come out feeling a lot better. I think you're just scared you wouldn't have anything to moan about if you got the facts.

P.S. if someone acts like a :censored:, I'm more than happy to tell them that. Face to face or otherwise. What's the worst that could happen? You get offended. No skin off my nose

I'm glad you've taken everything that's said as fact but being the cynic that I am I take a lot of what comes from the club and especially Corney with a pinch of salt, not going to pretend I like the guy and don't like where he has taken my football club but each to there own, I wouldn't give him the steam of my :censored: never mind give him my time but I guess you know that already.

Guest nonaenever

Can I check - so your notes said Corney said it was owned 50% to SC, 25% to SB and 25% to DG, which is apparently in line with Companies House's records. Then when you sent the notes to the club they said it was wrong and the assumption is that the structure of ownership had changed in the 48 hours since the meeting?

Sorry if I have misunderstood.

jss - have now clarified this with our note taker - the 50/25/25 ownership was gleaned by him from a companies house search prior to the meeting (and that info was entered onto the notes). When reviewing our notes, the club corrected that to show 100% ownership by SB and DG. So, SC is no longer a shareholder - no idea when that situation changed but am sure they will clarify that at the next meet, if people want to know - cheers

jss - have now clarified this with our note taker - the 50/25/25 ownership was gleaned by him from a companies house search prior to the meeting (and that info was entered onto the notes). When reviewing our notes, the club corrected that to show 100% ownership by SB and DG. So, SC is no longer a shareholder - no idea when that situation changed but am sure they will clarify that at the next meet, if people want to know - cheers

I think it is more important clarifying why it changed? (i do realise that this wasnt known at the meeting,)

Is there only me who sees the potential ramifications of this change?

I think it is more important clarifying why it changed? (i do realise that this wasnt known at the meeting,)

Is there only me who sees the potential ramifications of this change?

As you know social media is rife with stuff both factual and in-factual. I read somewhere and unsure if in here Or another site that SC is skint? I could be wrong, but if he is maybe he has having to sell to get so me monies in.

I have no evidence of this of course, just my opinion.

Thanks NNN.

As you know social media is rife with stuff both factual and in-factual. I read somewhere and unsure if in here Or another site that SC is skint? I could be wrong, but if he is maybe he has having to sell to get so me monies in.

I have no evidence of this of course, just my opinion.

I meant the ramifications being that not only do 2 Amigos own the ground etc they now own virtually everything else,

apart from the football club which loses £1.3M per annum.

Well no, that's the problem.

When people come to buy the club they are told that the north stand doesn't come with it.

There are three options given

1. The one SC offered the fans whereby we actually buy nothing tangible and he remains in place. Nobody is this stupid.

2. The 'pay our losses' price whereby TTA get their 'loans' back, but the buyer gets none of the land because it now has houses and hospital units on it and they don't get the new stand either. Probably only one or two people on the planet would be so stupid and SC is doing his best to find them.

3. The all in price. You clear TTA 'loan' debt and new debt and you get everything. But obvs not the land because it's now got houses and a hospital unit on it. This is the point where every single person who tries to buy us walks away bewildered at the naiivety/greed/stupidity.