Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

If the club is being subsidised to the tune of £1.3m per season and we have a bottom 6/8 budget then I think it's unrealistic to expect more.

That is a substantial loss - and whilst I am sure that it's tax deductible, it is still a lot of money.

If SC is doing that himself then no wonder he wants to sell.

Absolutely this!! People need to give the guy a :censored:ing break.

I'm sure he regrets a lot of things, but for the most part his heart (and most certainly his wallet) are in the right place.

Yes there have been some monumental balls ups over the last 5 years, but without this substantial subsidy being pumped in by SC where would we be? I call it a subsidy because the size of it has got to a level where he could have just cut his losses.

There's absolutely nothing untoward re: brassbank.

And the people asking for the asking price for the club to be made public. Please, oh please, get a grip.

Rant over

Edited by trickyrickyholden

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he regrets a lot of things, but for the most part his heart (and most certainly his wallet) are in the right place.

Yes there have been some monumental balls ups over the last 5 years, but without this substantial subsidy being pumped in by SC where would we be? I call it a subsidy because the size of it has got to a level where he could have just cut his losses.

And the people asking for the asking price for the club to be made public. Please, oh please, get a grip.

Rant over

Wasn't he telling us a little while ago that he brought the club to a position where he could get knocked down by a bus and the club would be able to take care of itself, as it was covering its own costs? Now he's claiming he's chucking £1.3m of his own money at it every year. Give me a break.

Rant over

Well from what I can see in Royton and what I hear this is spot on.

Give Simon a break, get behind him, Shez and the team and let the "back room boys" get on with it.

Yes we give up our Saturday Afternoons and Tuesday nights to support out team but at least most on OWTB aren't armchair fans supporting some premier league teams from the Pig and Virgin watching Sky with a pint of Black Sheep

Thanks to the collective who turned out to meet Simon and team. Well done and thanks. :ktf:

Wasn't he telling us a little while ago that he brought the club to a position where he could get knocked down by a bus and the club would be able to take care of itself, as it was covering its own costs? Now he's claiming he's chucking £1.3m of his own money at it every year. Give me a break.

Out of interest, do you think that SC (or the T3A as a group) are cynically trying to bleed the club dry or are you just annoyed with the apparent (but not proven) incompetence shown by him? I think it's an important distinction.

Well from what I can see in Royton and what I hear this is spot on.

Give Simon a break, get behind him, Shez and the team and let the "back room boys" get on with it.

Yes we give up our Saturday Afternoons and Tuesday nights to support out team but at least most on OWTB aren't armchair fans supporting some premier league teams from the Pig and Virgin watching Sky with a pint of Black Sheep

Thanks to the collective who turned out to meet Simon and team. Well done and thanks. :ktf:

For the record, I personally think that 5 pints of black sheep would immeasurably improve the match day experience at BP

I really think you should go to the next meeting Aaron.

To be fair Singe before the protest group this summer me, Aaron, Savagethebeast off here and another lad did meet Simon Brooke off the trust.

He took down a pre set of questions that where put to Simon. A second meeting that was suppose to happen never did.

Sure if Westy was asked again he would and sure if he again set a list of questions etc.

I wasn't involved in the protest group though didn't attend any of them so cannot comment.

If the debt for the stand is on our shoulders, do blitz and gazal pay us to use it for non matchday stuff?

How does anything like shops, gym help us?

The notes from the meeting state:

"Brass Bank Limited (BBL) - UK Registered

Built the stand at a cost of £6.2m (so far) received £1.7m grant from the council (effectively compensation for the aborted Failsworth move) and has taken a £4m mortgage against the stand."

" BBL’s repayments on the mortgage are £300k each year.

The club has a 40 year contract, which is 20 years plus a club option for a further 20 (anyone free to examine) to rent the land & buildings from BBL @ £100K per annum (recently reduced from £150k).

The club has paid no rent to BBL for 4 years and there is no intention to claw back the rent i.e. it will be written-off."

Sounds like the stand 's debt is down to Brass Bank not Latics and Latics get match-day income from facilities they don't own or pay rent for.

Fans Meeting Notes 24/01/2017 5:00PM 6:30PM

Oldham Event Centre Limited (OEC)

2]This company (owned 100% by Mr Blitz and Mr Gazal) runs the hospitality in the stand. The football club receive all of the net profit for match days from the stand, car park and any club related events such as the end of season dinner. They also receive all of the executive box income. All told this equates to the club receiving £300K per annum from the OEC. SC had ensured this arrangement was protected via contract rather than being simply a gentlemans agreement. The OEC lost £150K up to March 16 and will only start to make a return once the top floor is open.

/
Corney owns 50%.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/wMDrGe36ZPhWswQ_X24MH9eDW2u8urhI9m2Y9_iyQgc/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAJ5W2HA3WXKT2UADQ&Expires=1485591661&Signature=%2FR6rcO76sd877FztXEMz5SYieNE%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEDwaDLiIOWZwQLh9lTz2pyKcA4J3yD48O%2BSqZLE%2Bhr0zbyaCiz4NteqVlwaQEWcWWqzfHiSg8ueIc%2Fwx5D6ET6E%2BjNot1Txc60IhvAX8N%2FMLt%2FsNql3oQBlC78VH6ZBuZhalFFyHnotXvNTBSBfwU%2BJdigLcjyUmPEooGIoCfnImApO%2FOm1OEYPRPI42m6mUsYZcW2gENheh6GWdUdKTJjNifNayz4pLOsgPxDuq9IKkoLkYMbm1SUCb3ydhW16VcyjuUA0pPx0nK6v%2FDbEmfQNK%2F0auMByGPDOp8hWNUkqNRm3%2BhJKqOdQXkC4zYpwjYXFd42AuIM8u%2BLmbuqxpqmNVLvAZDAwovdOilUunMX%2FlOdRXVzM%2FN8fYvGm0e9%2FS48uzXpF1%2FSoksruJSGxktL3AVUEeKoddYmTvEOzxrAiuFo3UB4IVUZbgDZ%2Bn8QncdVUwzzO0pZ19LtmhdzbV1TYfmAQPyTx3DVdFa0DNrf3EBF%2Bv3S%2BqbQUqyw6P7bilv%2FTRWCBbdXgupjcITcZX4iG9SueMdFHdIazoVRzwD0a%2FpRaGi3OI1Q2S0NGS7l4o%2F42wxAU%3D

Edited by blueatheart

It's a sensible point. Everyone had the opportunity.

A fan questioned the accountability of Corney wriggling out of a filmed meeting with fans armed with questions by the fans and got a - stop being so negative and contribute if you want your say - response.

I am grateful to all that attended the meeting and the notes were a decent read. But our self-elected representatives must be willing to face scrutiny if things don't quite go to plan. If they're not up for the scrutiny, then I think they need to reconsider whether they're up for the next meeting, if it ever happens.