Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fan questioned the accountability of Corney wriggling out of a filmed meeting with fans armed with questions by the fans and got a - stop being so negative and contribute if you want your say - response.

I am grateful to all that attended the meeting and the notes were a decent read. But our self-elected representatives must be willing to face scrutiny if things don't quite go to plan. If they're not up for the scrutiny, then I think they need to reconsider whether they're up for the next meeting, if it ever happens.

What a cock. I don't think they should face scrutiny. They've done you and everyone else a favour.

You can't a it on your arse doing nothing then criticise those who are trying to help for whatever reason.

They've already stated they haven't finished and will meet again.

If you've got an issue why don't you go to the next one as well.

Probably one of those who didn't vote in referendum then complained it was a leave vote you

What a cock. I don't think they should face scrutiny. They've done you and everyone else a favour.

You can't a it on your arse doing nothing then criticise those who are trying to help for whatever reason.

They've already stated they haven't finished and will meet again.

If you've got an issue why don't you go to the next one as well.

Probably one of those who didn't vote in referendum then complained it was a leave vote you

Do yourself a favour - turn your phone off for half an hour and go for a walk. It's an internet forum - people disagree from time to time. No need to insult people behind a keyboard.

Do yourself a favour - turn your phone off for half an hour and go for a walk. It's an internet forum - people disagree from time to time. No need to insult people behind a keyboard.

As opposed to trying to insult people by comparing them to SC and the trust. Who you clearly have an issue with?

A fan questioned the accountability of Corney wriggling out of a filmed meeting with fans armed with questions by the fans and got a - stop being so negative and contribute if you want your say - response.

I am grateful to all that attended the meeting and the notes were a decent read. But our self-elected representatives must be willing to face scrutiny if things don't quite go to plan. If they're not up for the scrutiny, then I think they need to reconsider whether they're up for the next meeting, if it ever happens.

What scrutiny would you like to be answered. Seems you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Figures and books are going to be looked at to clarify the above points but as it was an hour before the game we didn't have time. Hence why the questions and answers say what they do.

I'm all for scrutiny but it doesn't mean Simon or anyone else in the trust board get lynched every time something doesn't go their way. The real power is with the club...so if Corney wants us playing in red, black and white next season, that's what'll happen. It wouldn't be a failure on the part of anyone on the trust unless they came out and said "We're fine with that and with the new sky blue away kit".

I've criticised the trust hierarchy in the past, especially in the days when Barry had clearly gone native, but I'm always reluctant to pile in on volunteers acting in good faith, even if it leads them to a different conclusion from the one I would've come to. And they have a voice but not much or zero power, so there's that to consider too.

So we are losing 1.3 million per year with SC plugging the shortfall that is why he gets annoyed and frustrated when we are knocked out the cup competitions and preys for a very lucrative cup tie each year.

How long will he continue to do this for & what are the plans to reduce the 1.3 million shortfall per year?

Without SC putting in 1.3 million where would we be in terms of playing budget would we be be bottom four for playing budgets?

When we secured the sports direct sponsorship it was said we would be competing near the top of the league which has not materialized when this ends this will reduce our budget even further.

In terms of recent manager appointments can we say the following where a success

Paul Dickov?

Dean Holden?

Darren Kelly?

David Dunne?

Steve Robinson?

Key to any club going forward is appointing the correct managers do we feel the above has done this?

Not having the nucleus of players on contracts is doomed to failure can anybody name an example of where a team full of loan players or short term contracts has worked?

So we own three stands will we in the future have to pay rent for the OEC for matchday income?

Does every thread on this board have to be reduced to a petty name calling bitch fight?

Polite request

Discuss the issues guys because despite the fact we disagree on all sorts of things we all want a successful OAFC.

The problem is many supporters approach this topic and any associated topic from a fixed standpoint and prejudiced view. There can be no good and no benefit attributable to anything that is ever done by the current regime. We do something positive or achieve something "nothing to do with the owners", do something bad or perform poorly or someone faild and it is always the "owners fault". That is an unreasonable approach to any discussion, renders is pointless and frustrating.

The problem is many supporters approach this topic and any associated topic from a fixed standpoint and prejudiced view. There can be no good and no benefit attributable to anything that is ever done by the current regime. We do something positive or achieve something "nothing to do with the owners", do something bad or perform poorly or someone faild and it is always the "owners fault". That is an unreasonable approach to any discussion, renders is pointless and frustrating.

That relentless perma-stance works bot ways though, doesn't it...

The problem is many supporters approach this topic and any associated topic from a fixed standpoint and prejudiced view. There can be no good and no benefit attributable to anything that is ever done by the current regime. We do something positive or achieve something "nothing to do with the owners", do something bad or perform poorly or someone faild and it is always the "owners fault". That is an unreasonable approach to any discussion, renders is pointless

and frustrating.

But rightly or wrongly there are reasons people have prejudged opinions. They gave been formed over a very long period of time. In hindsight, the meeting was never going to drastically shift those opinions. (Think I was a bit naive expecting it to.) IMO the meeting opened my eyes to one or two aspects- and I certainly appreciate everyone's time. However there is an awful lot I disagree with. Is me saying what I disagree with, going to change anything after all these years? Nope. Sorry to say, but in the end, it all feels a bit pointless.

I'm not knocking Corney but do you think he's personally pumping over £1m in a year or Blitz? The question if is he is why?

Corney doesn't own the land or stadium, which is Brassbank and that's owned by Blitz. Corney owns the football club, which is a sitting tenant, and there's no immediate return on the money Corney is pumping in, if at all.

If Corney is doing this then every fan - and I mean every fan - should get off his back and praise the bloke who is single-handily maintaining the existence of our football club. Sorry I'm a massive fan but I'd have walked if my family's inheritance was disappearing into a black hole and I was getting grief every day. Especially if there are no major assets to make it worthwhile.

The bloke can never win - stop the cash and decimate our budget to make us self sufficient and we'd be 4 or 5 leagues below us in the same amount of seasons. Carry in wheeling and dealing but it's never enough as fans want more, which is convenient as it's not our cash being blown!

Hopefully in the next meeting these chaps will drill further down into what needs answering. As I expected, they've been offered packaged half truths. And in the way of who owns Brassbank, contradictory information. Corney certainly hasn't the money to be putting in (isn't his wife divorcing him also at present?) and to make it out like he has (whether that's himself or these chaps who went to the meeting) is nothing more than more spin and BS that is going to get people's backs up. And discredit what are good efforts to obtain answers from he who sidesteps answers at all costs.

Face scrunity for what exactly?

Hopefully in the next meeting these chaps will drill further down into what needs answering. As I expected, they've been offered packaged half truths. And in the way of who owns Brassbank, contradictory information. Corney certainly hasn't the money to be putting in (isn't his wife divorcing him also at present?) and to make it out like he has (whether that's himself or these chaps who went to the meeting) is nothing more than more spin and BS that is going to get people's backs up. And discredit what are good efforts to obtain answers from he who sidesteps answers at all costs.

To be fair, he had the club accountant on the phone who went though the numbers, it appesrs he is currently funding our deficit

So Corney pumps £1.3 million a year of his own money year on year - sorry that's just bull:censored: and even if it's true it's a price he's paying for running us like a :censored:ing circus, he doesn't even acknowledge any of this and only really admits that the appointment of Darren Kelly was a wrong one, in any other walk of life if you ran a company so badly you'd either have no company or be asked to step aside, for me he can't keep going on claiming he has the best interests of the club at heart but then going on to make monumental :censored: up after :censored: up, he seems to be so far out of his depth it's actually frightening and if he is hemorrhaging 1.3 million of his hard earned every year where does it all end?