Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure. Altho tbh after the way nnn was speaking on here prior to the meeting I approached the notes expecting a whitewash. Therefore I didn't really devote much brainwidth to them, so if there was a teeny tiny piece of new or useful information in there then it snuck through my seive.

According to Companies House records which are in the public domain:

Simon Corney is only a Director of the UK Companies listed below:

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd (No 04989487) - fellow Directors being Simon Brooke / Barry Owen / Anthony Gee / Ian Hill

Oldham Events Centre Ltd (No 09484918) - fellow Directors being Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Anne Kocherhan

PCW Developments Ltd (No 0702589200 - fellow Directors being Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Paul Whitehead / Christine Whitehead

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Brass Bank Ltd (No 04919679) Directors are Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal

According to Companies House records which are in the public domain:

Simon Corney is only a Director of the UK Companies listed below:

Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd (No 04989487) - fellow Directors being Simon Brooke / Barry Owen / Anthony Gee / Ian Hill

Oldham Events Centre Ltd (No 09484918) - fellow Directors being Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Anne Kocherhan

PCW Developments Ltd (No 0702589200 - fellow Directors being Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal / Paul Whitehead / Christine Whitehead

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Brass Bank Ltd (No 04919679) Directors are Simon Blitz / Daniel Gazal

And open door imaging limited along with Anna Kockeehan and Anthony gee.

When you click through the OEC and click people if you select blitz and gazel it shows they only hold two posts one being the OEC the other being boundary park limited. No mention of brass bank.

Search for brass bank and it shows Daniel gazel and Simon blitz.

And open door imaging limited along with Anna Kockeehan and Anthony gee.

When you click through the OEC and click people if you select blitz and gazel it shows they only hold two posts one being the OEC the other being boundary park limited. No mention of brass bank.

Search for brass bank and it shows Daniel gazel and Simon blitz.

Co House error in matching up, that is probably all that it is

A lot of information in the notes about money Blitz/ Brassbank have spent.....I can't just see the figures about the income for themselves they have generated.....how much was made from housing development , from Parking contract with NHS , what is the payback period on the Renal unit for Salford Royal on Sheepfoot lane, Gym contact ........not to mention the engraved brick I bought for what I naively thought was an Oldham Athletic Stand

As well as that this £1.3 million shortfall that Corney is plugging is that before or after player sales, manager sales, sell on clause sales, stadium naming rights sales. Where does the SD money go, what's the deal with the club shop in a stand that's nothing to do with OAFC, are the OEC creaming off money from events with ex players/managers as I'm sure many wouldn't attend if that's the case, ex players/managers included.

A lot of information in the notes about money Blitz/ Brassbank have spent.....I can't just see the figures about the income for themselves they have generated.....how much was made from housing development , from Parking contract with NHS , what is the payback period on the Renal unit for Salford Royal on Sheepfoot lane, Gym contact ........not to mention the engraved brick I bought for what I naively thought was an Oldham Athletic Stand

What would you do with this information?

Personally I don't think anyone should jump to the conclusion that "plenty of people are doing very well out of the name OAFC"

Looks like the setting up of Companies to primarily protect their financial investment as would be good practise

Brass Bank have financial commitments to both the Royal Bank of Scotland and the Co-operative Bank and I'd be surprised if the North Stand non-football activity £revenue was proving a winner for them at this time which explains the unfinished building works.

I'd be really surprised if Oldham Event Centre Ltd was 'washing its face' financially either

Mr Blitz and Mr Gazal are going nowhere unless they can exit without incurring significant £ losses

Simon Corney has confirmed to nnn and other Supporter representatives our current losses as c£1.3m per annum (Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd). Clearly no one making loads of £s from the day to day running of the Club

We have American Investors who have over committed themselves financially v their original financial expectations

Not got the time to go and check this at the moment but the last filled account show the clubs debt increasing hugely from the accounts before an increase of about 7-8 million I think what that for if we don't own the stand? On the flip side the assets also increased but not by the same level.

Am not trying to make a conspiracy hear btw am just curious if anyone can shed some light

Not got the time to go and check this at the moment but the last filled account show the clubs debt increasing hugely from the accounts before an increase of £2M

TO A LEVEL OF about 9 million

I think what that for if we don't own the stand? MAYBE OAFC LTD DOES OWN THE STAND? PERHAPS BRASSBANK HAS THE MORTGAGE ON IT?

On the flip side the assets also increased but not by the same level. ASSETS INCREASED BY £3M. NB There was a grant received of over £1M

corrected for you.

So this £1.3m shortfall...that equates to £25,000 per week. We were losing £50,000 per week under Chris Moore when he was throwing millions at it. I just simply can't believe that we are losing that amount and going on the theory that, the man says it so you MUST believe it, then if we are (because the accountant on a telephone says we are) then something is gravely :censored:ed up. It doesn't stack up.

Remember, during Chris Moore's time a) wages in football were vastly higher than they are in today's market, b.) we didn't have any deals like the Sports Direct naming rights etc. c) the Premiership solidarity payments are far higher than in 2003 d) we are operating on the 6th smallest budget apparently.

I applaud the 6 who went. They will no doubt be frustrated right now. I've been and done what they have. It's time consuming and a pain in the arse. Especially when you get offered packaged information. What they've been provided just opens more questions than answers. I'm glad they feel they have the time to devote to try and get them. I don't and I don't expect them to get the answers either.

Edited by boundaryblue80

So this £1.3m shortfall...that equates to £25,000 per week. We were losing £50,000 per week under Chris Moore when he was throwing millions at it. I just simply can't believe that we are losing that amount and going on the theory that, the man says it so you MUST believe it, then if we are (because the accountant on a telephone says we are) then something is gravely :censored:ed up. It doesn't stack up.

A 1.3M shortfall does not necessarily mean a loss of £1.3M, especially when there is Capital Expenditure going on.

They can be 2 totally different things

Remember, during Chris Moore's time a) wages in football were vastly higher than they are in today's market, b.) we didn't have any deals like the Sports Direct naming rights etc. c) the Premiership solidarity payments are far higher than in 2003 d) we are operating on the 6th smallest budget apparently.

I applaud the 6 who went. They will no doubt be frustrated right now. I've been and done what they have. It's time consuming and a pain in the arse. Especially when you get offered packaged information. What they've been provided just opens more questions than answers. I'm glad they feel they have the time to devote to try and get them. I don't and I don't expect them to get the answers either.

Remember, during Chris Moore's time a) wages in football were vastly higher than they are in today's market.

Are you talking in general, including the Prem, just League 1 or us?

Remember, during Chris Moore's time a) wages in football were vastly higher than they are in today's market.

Are you talking in general, including the Prem, just League 1 or us?

Fair comment, at this level I meant that. Obviously the rich have got richer (and some.) The poor have got poorer. Gregan and Liddell were on around £3,500 to £4k a week when they were with us and that was well after the Moore era.

What would you do with this information?

Mr Corney started this by accusing people of drawing conclusions from half knowledge and half truths......he now provided half the information. With full information I would be better able to decide where he and Blitz sit on the continuum of altruist to exploiter. Is that not what he wanted?

Of course not!

The average wage had increased.

I know there were specific examples, I knew Ernies salar for example.

But overall, its doubled at our level.

It would be good to dig out LL and L4Es info from their visit to compare.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/29/article-2055140-0E96EF5F00000578-972_306x688.jpg

There is another report that shows by 2015 about wage in L1 was £69k

The Prem has gone mad, but to scale used it is impossible to see th rise.