Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble is you are writing as if the meeting was the be all and end all.

It was patently obvious that it was and should be only beginning.

One meeting was never going uncover everything, never mind a desired magic bullet.

Surely it is in all our interests for the meetings to be continued, productive and a success?

Some on here seem to fear that.

Agreed.

Does anyone know the cost of land with planning permission to build homes in our area? Could it be as high as 45k per dwelling?

How many were built behind the Chaddy? 50? If your price is right, then that would have made £4.5m.

Which if true, isn't enough to have covered the losses that are eluded to.

But I sense that it a little high. What do the houses go for? £200k? That would mean that the builders can build and make a profit at £150k/house.

You might be able to do that for just the house, but the infrastructure associated with the development is not cheap (roads, sewers, surface water drainage, pumping stations, electricity and gas supplies etc.).

I'd guess more like £30k a dwelling

How many were built behind the Chaddy? 50? If your price is right, then that would have made £4.5m.

Which if true, isn't enough to have covered the losses that are eluded to.

But I sense that it a little high. What do the houses go for? £200k? That would mean that the builders can build and make a profit at £150k/house.

You might be able to do that for just the house, but the infrastructure associated with the development is not cheap (roads, sewers, surface water drainage, pumping stations, electricity and gas supplies etc.).

I'd guess more like £30k a dwelling

I don't think selling price minus cost of land equals profit

I don't think selling price minus cost of land equals profit

Sorry I am not sure I made my point clearly.

I think the origamal all suggestion is that the land would be sold based on a unit cost for every house that could be built on it.

Suggestion was that this would be £45k per house, therefore if there were plans for 100 houses, it would be worth £45k x 100 = £4.5m

For the builder to then make a profit on that, they would have to put all the infrastructure in (roads, utilities etc), and then build the houses, and then sell the finished articles for £45k + unit cost of the development + profit.

My view was that the bourse are probably worth £200k to the individual house buyers. Therefore I am not sure that the profit and unit cost for development could be done for £155k, therefore I suggested that the land was worth c. £30k per house plot.

Edited by Scapegoat

Chris Killen was dog :censored:.

Apart from his 10 in 6 Spell in November 2004.

Pen at Thurrock

2 v Barnsley

2 v Bradford

1 v Hartlepool

3 v Orient

2 v Chesterfield

He pulled a muscle v Hudds in mid Dec and was 50/50 until March - pathetic!

Sad thing was there was a player in there and his 10 goal partnership with Beckett from March - May kept us up.

23 goals in all comps was s poor return in 3 1/2 seasons. His highlight has to be not fancying it for most of the season in 03/04 when we really needed bodies up too. Finally declares himself fit only for him to receive a complete brain fart of a red card at QPR and miss part of the run in.

Edited by oafcprozac

The land price for the houses is sweet fa to do with us anyway.

Not sure I agree.

The information presented was to give be an indication of the level of investment made into the club and operating profits.

The sale of an asset of potentially considerable value from one of the companies that make up the "club", and income from it, is relevant to that subject.

If for arguments sake, the sale of the land for houses / car parking etc, recouped £4m. Has that figure been included or excluded from the net losses quoted?

Not sure I agree.

The information presented was to give be an indication of the level of investment made into the club and operating profits.

The sale of an asset of potentially considerable value from one of the companies that make up the "club", and income from it, is relevant to that subject.

If for arguments sake, the sale of the land for houses / car parking etc, recouped £4m. Has that figure been included or excluded from the net losses quoted?

Put much more eloquently than I could . Thanks

Not sure I agree.

I dont know which supposed net losses quoted you refer to BUT there is only 1 Company that 'makes up' the Football Club.

I dont know which supposed net losses quoted you refer to BUT there is only 1 Company that 'makes up' the Football Club.

There is a company that owns a ground - that has received no rent, so would guess is losing money.

There is a company that owns a stand - that has a £300k pa mortgage that I would guess is losing money.

Then there is the company that owns the football team - losing lots of money by all accounts

One of them, sold land for houses / land for hospital parking etc. And presumably made some money back, which will have offset some losses?

For me the 3 companies make up the "club" for me, rightly or wrongly.