Notes from Fans' Meeting with Chairman et al 24/1/2017

Guest nonaenever

I'm not knocking Corney but do you think he's personally pumping over £1m in a year or Blitz? The question if is he is why?

Probably the same reason I have a crazy coupon in every weekend, that one day i believe it might just come in and in turn be quids in! (Obviously on a smaller scale)!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully in the next meeting these chaps will drill further down into what needs answering. As I expected, they've been offered packaged half truths. And in the way of who owns Brassbank, contradictory information. Corney certainly hasn't the money to be putting in (isn't his wife divorcing him also at present?) and to make it out like he has (whether that's himself or these chaps who went to the meeting) is nothing more than more spin and BS that is going to get people's backs up. And discredit what are good efforts to obtain answers from he who sidesteps answers at all costs.

Hey keyboard warrior, why didn't you attend if your so in the know? Mentioning the divorce just cements your place as a total bellend.

So Corney pumps £1.3 million a year of his own money year on year - sorry that's just bull:censored: and even if it's true it's a price he's paying for running us like a :censored:ing circus, he doesn't even acknowledge any of this and only really admits that the appointment of Darren Kelly was a wrong one, in any other walk of life if you ran a company so badly you'd either have no company or be asked to step aside, for me he can't keep going on claiming he has the best interests of the club at heart but then going on to make monumental :censored: up after :censored: up, he seems to be so far out of his depth it's actually frightening and if he is hemorrhaging 1.3 million of his hard earned every year where does it all end?

He promised we could see the statements, so on the next meeting we'll put pressure on to see proof, just to confirm it

There is an old joke that goes along the line of "How do you make a small fortune out of running a football club? Start with a large one".

I am sure that SC reflects on past decisions and would have changed them. We all have 20:20 hindsight don't we?

The idea that it would be an easy fix to change the decisions of how th club is run and make it profitable - really? Very very few football clubs manage this, particularly one with crowds like ours and in a town like Oldham.

Yes, you can argue to speculate to accumulate view, and pay for better players and get success that will then improve the finances. But football history is full of examples of that failing, and the consequences can be extremely damaging.

Would we be willing to do that with our own money? Would we be willing to do that with our club?

SC view appears to be, keep the club going as long as he can with a certain level of financial cost, and then sell if he can to someone that would do a better job.

Not exciting but sensible? If it goes on for too long, then the risk is that the club dies a slow death - arguably where we are - but unless we have an owner willing to put in serious £'S what is the opportunity?

One thing is abundantly clear having trawled through this thread. Whilst you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, you'll never please all of the people all of the time. In other words, no matter what nnn and the others come back from the meeting armed with, there are those that will refuse to believe what is being delivered.

Whilst I have been critical (not always publicly) of what goes on in the upper levels of OAFC, why the hell denounce everything positive that comes back? It appears that this was an honest an open meeting, with more to follow, and a promise of further disclosures about the running and finances of the club.

Unless there is positive proof that SC is indulging in lies, half-truths and the like, let's be thankful that we have got this far. It can only be good for club/fans relations. Once hoodwinking is uncovered, IF it is, that's the time for challenging, not now, indulging in personal insults on here with a playground mentality with anyone who disagrees with a particular point of view.

I thought we, the fans, were all in this together to help improve the future of the club we love, not use it an another excuse to vilify those that will never, as long as I have a hole in my arse, be accepted by those that have a personal agenda.

Their is also a brass bank registered "offshore" in the Isle of Man. The Isle of Mann brass bank is

is the immediate holding company for another company that has blitz gazel and corney and two others as directors on.

This company is in the building game and is registered to the same address as the OEC in London.

There is also another dormant company liked to that address called boundary park (Oldham) limited this company's has 2 current directors in Daniel gazel and Simon blitz. Simon corney resigned from this company on the 9th of October 2015.

There is no point to this post other than the offshore brassbank must be in the Isle of Man ??

Edited by Aaron West

Their is also a brass bank registered "offshore" in the Isle of Man. The Isle of Mann brass bank is

is the immediate holding company for another company that has blitz gazel and corney and two others as directors on.

This company is in the building game and is registered to the same address as the OEC in London.

There is also another dormant company liked to that address called boundary park (Oldham) limited this company's has 2 current directors in Daniel gazel and Simon blitz. Simon corney resigned from this company on the 9th of October 2015.

There is no point to this post other than the offshore brassbank must be in the Isle of Man

You are nearly correct in that fact Aaron. The Company in the I of Man is Brass Band Ltd.

It is the holding Company of PCW Developments Ltd engaged in the construction of commercial buildings, rumoured to be known as;

The White Elephant

I will praise Corney for opening the door to our fellow fans who took the time and bothered to attend armed with questions collected from far and wide. So well done to all involved. If Latics are losing so much cash each and every year I'd wager most clubs are, it's a constant battle that as carried on for years in Football.

It's like politics and how party's like to put spin on things to hopefully drag the faithful into what ever way of thinking they want that day. During the meeting Corney wanted everyone to know he is bank rolling the club. Next week he'll want to tell everybody just how well and sensibly run the club is. By it being in a far better position than most clubs because it's self sufficient due to living by it's means.

Looking forward to your next meeting guys because I am sure now this first meeting is over you've thought of lots you wished you'd asked or had clarified.

Edited by Lags

I will praise Corney for opening the door to our fellow fans who took the time and bothered to attend armed with questions collected from far and wide. So well done to all involved. If Latics are losing so much cash each and every year I'd wager most clubs are, it's a constant battle that carried on for years in Football.

It's like politics and how party's like to put spin on things to hopefully drag the faithful into what ever way of thinking they want that day. During the meeting Corney wanted everyone to know he is bank rolling the club. Next week he'll want to tell everybody just how well and sensibly run the club is. By it being in a far better position than most clubs because it's self sufficient due to living by it's means.

Looking forward to your next meeting guys because I am sure now this first meeting is over you've thought of lots you wished you'd asked or had clarified.

This for me too.

I cannot believe how much the average weekly wage is! Unbelievable Jeff!

Guest nonaenever

Just seen something on facebook (I know I know) thought I'd check it out and again maybe there is a explanation for this.

According to the notes posted by NNN Simon has said blitz and gazel totally own the OEC.

Companies house has corney owning 50% of the shares and blitz and gazel 25 each.

That was filed 22nd of March last year and maybe changed I suppose, do you have to announce it to companies house if shareholders change?

Aaron, our original notes at the meeting did actually record OEC ownership as 50% SC, 25% each for Mr B and Mr G. However, we allowed the club to sense check/review the notes before posting them on here and they had altered that entry in red to 100% owned by Mr B and Mr G - I`m assuming from that it is, therefore, a very recent change (and maybe connected to background events).

To answer another couple of queries - yes, it's not hard to equate from the average that some players are on six figure salaries and yes, of course there are other questions and/or drilling down required. That's why we will be following up the club's offer to meet again in a few weeks time. Ultimately, the aim is to set up an independent fans' group. I really appreciate everyone's viewpoints but, personally, my own way will be to encourage co-operation and communication with whoever is in charge at the club, rather than constant conflict. Some have mentioned on other threads that I/we have been sweet-talked - nonsense.

Can I also clear up one point. I have been told that somebody on Facebook (I`m not on it or twitter or anything else) has stated that I am a long-standing friend of Simon Corney and recently did a sponsored walk with him! I don't swear very often but that is utter BOLLOCKS. Prior to this, the only time I have ever seen Simon Corney in the flesh before was when I attended the meeting some years ago, with other fans, about the proposed move to Failsworth (it was at some school in Chadderton). I was as anonymous as anyone else in the audience. Such bollocks on Facebook is a perfect example of why I rarely believe what I see via the internet - would much rather at least try and get the facts from the horse's mouth.

Aaron, our original notes at the meeting did actually record OEC ownership as 50% SC, 25% each for Mr B and Mr G. However, we allowed the club to sense check/review the notes before posting them on here and they had altered that entry in red to 100% owned by Mr B and Mr G - I`m assuming from that it is, therefore, a very recent change (and maybe connected to background events).

To answer another couple of queries - yes, it's not hard to equate from the average that some players are on six figure salaries and yes, of course there are other questions and/or drilling down required. That's why we will be following up the club's offer to meet again in a few weeks time. Ultimately, the aim is to set up an independent fans' group. I really appreciate everyone's viewpoints but, personally, my own way will be to encourage co-operation and communication with whoever is in charge at the club, rather than constant conflict. Some have mentioned on other threads that I/we have been sweet-talked - nonsense.

Can I also clear up one point. I have been told that somebody on Facebook (I`m not on it or twitter or anything else) has stated that I am a long-standing friend of Simon Corney and recently did a sponsored walk with him! I don't swear very often but that is utter BOLLOCKS. Prior to this, the only time I have ever seen Simon Corney in the flesh before was when I attended the meeting some years ago, with other fans, about the proposed move to Failsworth (it was at some school in Chadderton). I was as anonymous as anyone else in the audience. Such bollocks on Facebook is a perfect example of why I rarely believe what I see via the internet - would much rather at least try and get the facts from the horse's mouth.

You're doing a great job NNN

some people's replies make me go ?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Can I check - so your notes said Corney said it was owned 50% to SC, 25% to SB and 25% to DG, which is apparently in line with Companies House's records. Then when you sent the notes to the club they said it was wrong and the assumption is that the structure of ownership had changed in the 48 hours since the meeting?

Sorry if I have misunderstood.

Guest nonaenever

I second that too can I ask NNN, are you having another meeting and will this one be recorded?

Hi - yes, we did mention that on the previous "questions" thread. Despite the latest "conspiracy theories" the only reason it wasn't televised is that the cameraman was tied up initially on a v busy night (free game, Chinese guests, press interest etc.). We had offered to postpone the meeting but SC felt that would only give more ammunition to his detractors and so was determined to press ahead on a match night. It's always difficult arranging these things with SC present because he is flying back and forwards regularly to the US (and recently China).

The 6 of us actually felt that a first meet, without cameras, was beneficial because we were able to see documents that it wouldn't have been possible to see on a camera recorded session - it was a unanimous decision to go ahead without filming. Again, we all agreed that the next meet would be highly preferable on a non-match day, thereby minimising chances disruption.

I had prepared a sheet of 20 odd (de-duplicated) questions from fans - intending to ask those at the meeting. However, at the fans' pre-meet, the majority felt that would not be the right approach and, instead, we should have a broad brush "subject" approach and just let it flow naturally. I`m the democratic type, so went with the majority view. The problem with that approach, is that the meeting can then go off at tangents. My own view is that we should definitely stick to specific questions at the next meet, ensuring we stay "on topic". The next meet would seem to make sense televised.

N.B. The Chairman said he would have liked to have seen more fans at the meeting. So, for the next one (date to be sorted) please feel free to IM me on here - or email oafc2016@btinternet.com

It might even end up that we have a properly organised "Fans' Forum with the Chairman" if enough people wanted to come along?

Cheers

Guest nonaenever

Can I check - so your notes said Corney said it was owned 50% to SC, 25% to SB and 25% to DG, which is apparently in line with Companies House's records. Then when you sent the notes to the club they said it was wrong and the assumption is that the structure of ownership had changed in the 48 hours since the meeting?

Sorry if I have misunderstood.

The notes were taken by a fan. He had recorded the 50/25/25 ownership for OEC. I can't honestly remember who outlined that because SC, MM and AG all contributed to the meeting. In fact, it may even have been the fans' own interpretation (he's an accountant and had done some searches via Co's House prior to the meeting). I`ll find out for you, for definite once I have spoken to him.

The club sent the draft of the notes back, with a couple of changes (merely factual) one of which was that OEC was 100% owned by Mr Blitz and Mr Gazal. So, yes, the ownership structure has changed - and, as mentioned, I`ll try and find out for you exactly when that was.

NNN it's great you've built up this rapport with Simon.

Just touching on the Simon was disappointed that their wasn't more fans at the meeting. I've seen fans on all platforms of social media say they wish they could of gone etc yes I know it was open and up to them to say they wanted to, but I do genuinely feel that some may nkt of known about this.

Do you think it would be an idea to ask the chairman if he would do a fans forum in the north stand one mid week night?

Using the same approach of pre asked questions?

Even if the idea is just floated at first just to gauge the interest in the event? Am sure it would be popular.

I find it difficult to believe that of all those present nobody suggested filming the meeting on their phone, already there is confusion between what was said and what's been documented in the minutes of the meeting, if it had been filmed there would of been no need to take minutes.

I find it difficult to believe that of all those present nobody suggested filming the meeting on their phone, already there is confusion between what was said and what's been documented in the minutes of the meeting, if it had been filmed there would of been no need to take minutes.

Go along to the next meeting then and offer your advice.

A fan questioned the accountability of Corney wriggling out of a filmed meeting with fans armed with questions by the fans and got a - stop being so negative and contribute if you want your say - response.

I am grateful to all that attended the meeting and the notes were a decent read. But our self-elected representatives must be willing to face scrutiny if things don't quite go to plan. If they're not up for the scrutiny, then I think they need to reconsider whether they're up for the next meeting, if it ever happens.

Self-selected my arse. Everyone had a chance to go.

Naturally,some of those casting aspersions are the ones that bottled it. Which was predicted.

Some of those that want were hardly uncritical, Dan Bright being one, but they are to be aplauded that they were professional. I believe it will yield better results as trust is gained.

The whole thing is not going to happen in one meeting, it is in everyone's interest that there are more meetings

We already have a lot more information than we had, some of this should have been revealed a long time ago, and it is partly why we are where we are because it wasn't.

But as Bristol says, it reflects more on those that adopt the machine gun approach, than to those that went.

I had prepared a sheet of 20 odd (de-duplicated) questions from fans - intending to ask those at the meeting. However, at the fans' pre-meet, the majority felt that would not be the right approach and, instead, we should have a broad brush "subject" approach and just let it flow naturally. I`m the democratic type, so went with the majority view. The problem with that approach, is that the meeting can then go off at tangents. My own view is that we should definitely stick to specific questions at the next meet, ensuring we stay "on topic". The next meet would seem to make sense televised.

Although we got a huge amount of information (as posted in the meeting notes) I was disappointed to read that the list of questions was dispensed with. At any subsequent meeting, I would hope that these questions are indeed put to the club representatives.