Clarke on his way...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have started a transfer window thread then we wouldn't have to have threads like these popping up ........ Hindsight eh

Apologies oh sarcastic one...didn't fancy trawling through the 24 pages on that thread on the chance it had been mentioned!

Lock if necessary mods.

To be fair they'll probably double his wages. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's not committed to the cause. He's looked pretty committed to me all season so far. The club don't need to entertain any approaches though, it's not like we are mid table and safe. Let him go at the end of the season if he really wants to go, but we need players like him right now.

Sounds like he really doesn't want to stay at Oldham. Good luck to him. Sad loss for us though. Saying that, Gerrard was more commanding on Saturday......

Have I missed something? Has Clarke made comment on the approach and said he wants to go? I've not heard so I'm just asking.

If the figures in the Rarely Wrong are correct, is it better to have that £30,000 in the bank now plus another £20,000 if they get promoted or get sod all for him end of season when he's out of contract? He's 35 now and, whilst he's been Mr Reliable for the most part, I'd take it as long as we can get an able replacement in. Or is Edmondson the answer?

If the figures in the Rarely Wrong are correct, is it better to have that £30,000 in the bank now plus another £20,000 if they get promoted or get sod all for him end of season when he's out of contract? He's 35 now and, whilst he's been Mr Reliable for the most part, I'd take it as long as we can get an able replacement in. Or is Edmondson the answer?

We'll cash that extra £20k in next week for for next to nowt.

It shows the mentality at other clubs to ours though.

offered 4 mil for a league 1 striker and immediately go back wanting 8. cheeky :censored:ers!

Barry would put the phone down without telling Corney thinking they were taking the piss with any kind of bid over 20k

Edited by palmer1

Rumours that he's off to bury now. Would be criminal selling to them!

If that was the case then it's inexcusable.

Selling your best player to relegation rivals is poor, especially when their defence is their vulnerable element.

Edited by NewBlue

I like Clarke, strong,battler,wears his heart on his sleeve and i would like him to stay. However he does make mistakes that lead to goals quite regularly, fans just seem to turn a blind eye to it because it's Peter Clarke. I would like him to stay but if he goes and we reinvest in midfielders with some guile and craft i will be happy with that.

I'm now sat waiting for pelters.