Clarke on his way...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never good for him or us when they want out

He's professional enough to still give his all as club captain, he won't want a relegation on his CV towards the end of his career. And to be fair we don't know officially if he did want out do we? Wasn't it just media talk?

He's professional enough to still give his all as club captain, he won't want a relegation on his CV towards the end of his career. And to be fair we don't know officially if he did want out do we? Wasn't it just media talk?

The rarely-wrong Chron says Clarke made it clear that he wanted the chance to make the switch to Glanford Park. Latics are understood to have no concerns over his mindset going forward now he is staying put.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/101911/shezs-taylor-delight

If he's tried to force a move to Scunthorpe (which I believe to be the case), he should be stripped of the armband. Keep him in the side, by all means, but I'm not sure I want us to be led into battle by a guy that didn't fancy our relegation battle...

Nah stripping him of the armband would not help and only leave him disgruntled in the changing room. Leave it as it is and they can all focus on survival!

The rarely-wrong Chron says Clarke made it clear that he wanted the chance to make the switch to Glanford Park. Latics are understood to have no concerns over his mindset going forward now he is staying put.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/101911/shezs-taylor-delight

Can't understand leaking concerns questioning (which would have to have been off the record) his mindset helps at all. Simply stating being confident he will be professional and focus on survical is all that is required.

He'll be off in the summer for sure.

Edited by singe

No problems whatsoever with Clarke remaining our captain even if he did fancy going to top of the table Scunthorpe & at 35 years old who can really blame him ?

He's been a pleasure to watch this season , I give us a much better chance of us staying up now .

When Hiwula did him pace and ran through one on one with Ripley on Saturday it's the first time I can remember him being 'done' like that this season. Compare that with the majority of goals conceded last season and how shambolic we were at home to Carlisle in the cup this season .

Top pro , top leader . Let's move on .

No problems whatsoever with Clarke remaining our captain even if he did fancy going to top of the table Scunthorpe & at 35 years old who can really blame him ?

He's been a pleasure to watch this season , I give us a much better chance of us staying up now .

When Hiwula did him pace and ran through one on one with Ripley on Saturday it's the first time I can remember him being 'done' like that this season. Compare that with the majority of goals conceded last season and how shambolic we were at home to Carlisle in the cup this season .

Top pro , top leader . Let's move on .

Well put.Onwards to Chesterfield now.

According to the Chron today.

No way mate.

I like Clarke, strong,battler,wears his heart on his sleeve and i would like him to stay. However he does make mistakes that lead to goals quite regularly, fans just seem to turn a blind eye to it because it's Peter Clarke. I would like him to stay but if he goes and we reinvest in midfielders with some guile and craft i will be happy with that.

I'm now sat waiting for pelters.

Deal off I believe.

good, we need our captain in this relegation battle. A couple of mid fielders and a decent partner for hollaway, fingers crossed.

I'd be happy to keep him, Gerrard looked like he's still carrying a bit of timber so maybe not quite match fit.

Hopefully a quite formidable partnership if they can iron out the kinks....

Yep,very pleased he is staying.

If he's tried to force a move to Scunthorpe (which I believe to be the case), he should be stripped of the armband. Keep him in the side, by all means, but I'm not sure I want us to be led into battle by a guy that didn't fancy our relegation battle...

Yep, he's got war wounds for us....headbandages, and a nutter from dale smacking him too.

He's eared my respect and can't blame if he was looking for a career leg up....who wouldn't.

Chalk it off and we move on....

This board summed up perfectly...