Clarke on his way...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's tried to force a move to Scunthorpe (which I believe to be the case), he should be stripped of the armband. Keep him in the side, by all means, but I'm not sure I want us to be led into battle by a guy that didn't fancy our relegation battle...

Scrap that. Let him be Captain, take pens, corners, free kicks, throw ins and make him the highest paid player in our history...

Scrap that. Let him be Captain, take pens, corners, free kicks, throw ins and make him the highest paid player in our history...

On a serious note we should offer him a new deal. I'd take Clarke and Gerrard as our centre back pairing next season regardless of what division we're in. We're gonna need a new keeper, centre mid, striker at the end of the season, it'd be nice to have some stability to build on with those two at the back.

If he's tried to force a move to Scunthorpe (which I believe to be the case), he should be stripped of the armband. Keep him in the side, by all means, but I'm not sure I want us to be led into battle by a guy that didn't fancy our relegation battle...

I see Scunny conceded 3 today

Edited by ChaddySmoker

No problems whatsoever with Clarke remaining our captain even if he did fancy going to top of the table Scunthorpe & at 35 years old who can really blame him ?

He's been a pleasure to watch this season , I give us a much better chance of us staying up now .

When Hiwula did him pace and ran through one on one with Ripley on Saturday it's the first time I can remember him being 'done' like that this season. Compare that with the majority of goals conceded last season and how shambolic we were at home to Carlisle in the cup this season .

Top pro , top leader . Let's move on .

Well said that man

• 1 month later...

No problems whatsoever with Clarke remaining our captain even if he did fancy going to top of the table Scunthorpe & at 35 years old who can really blame him ?

He's been a pleasure to watch this season , I give us a much better chance of us staying up now .

When Hiwula did him pace and ran through one on one with Ripley on Saturday it's the first time I can remember him being 'done' like that this season. Compare that with the majority of goals conceded last season and how shambolic we were at home to Carlisle in the cup this season .

Top pro , top leader . Let's move on .

According to the Chron, 1 yellow card away from a 2 match ban but clear if he doesnt get booked against Bury.