Chesterfield away

Arrived not in the best of moods as was 15 mins late. But it just got better from there on in. As the ticket office was closed. Steward got on his radio. A club official lady came with some tickets. We jokingly said ok a fiver as we've missed kick off due to this. She apologised and let us in for a tenner. Happy days.

I think Gerrard getting sent off was actually the turning point in our favour. It just galvanised us all to get behind the boys. It was the most incredible atmosphere the whole second half. With as mentioned not loads to get excited about. I said to my mate we're gonna nick this just before we did. I didn't go on the pitch and I wouldnt usually condone it but anyone moaning can :censored: off for me. It was just a massive release of pent up frustration. I was hugging little chavvy teenagers it was special.

When Shez came over at the end I had goosebumps as it felt he really genuinely believed we had a massive part in helping us get the three points. And thanked us all.

In the tesco garage a Chesterfield fan said we are by far the best fans that have been there. We were incredible and won us the game. Even the woman working there said we could hear you all so clearly throughout.

What a cracking day !

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived not in the best of moods as was 15 mins late. But it just got better from there on in. As the ticket office was closed. Steward got on his radio. A club official lady came with some tickets. We jokingly said ok a fiver as we've missed kick off due to this. She apologised and let us in for a tenner. Happy days.

I think Gerrard getting sent off was actually the turning point in our favour. It just galvanised us all to get behind the boys. It was the most incredible atmosphere the whole second half. With as mentioned not loads to get excited about. I said to my mate we're gonna nick this just before we did. I didn't go on the pitch and I wouldnt usually condone it but anyone moaning can :censored: off for me. It was just a massive release of pent up frustration. I was hugging little chavvy teenagers it was special.

When Shez came over at the end I had goosebumps as it felt he really genuinely believed we had a massive part in helping us get the three points. And thanked us all.

In the tesco garage a Chesterfield fan said we are by far the best fans that have been there. We were incredible and won us the game. Even the woman working there said we could hear you all so clearly throughout.

What a cracking day !

When we got the corner my Dad leaned over and said "How many times have we seen the away side pop one in against us at BP right about now.....got a good feeling about this".

Told him to buy a lottery ticket on the way home.

We have not won an away league since 8 th October last year, they have not lost a home league games since 12th November last year....we are statistically nailed on winners

Following on.....90 plus minute goals ar Charlton, vale, Gills and Chesterfield, you do know what is statistically inevitable in next 16 games.....?

Alan Howarth has tweeted a great picture of Captain Clarke celebrating his goal with fans on the pitch.

https://twitter.com/alan_howarth

This is how it feels for Clint Boon to see that picture:

Clint Boon @therealboon 9h9 hours ago

Clint Boon Retweeted Alan Howarth

One of the greatest photos I've seen in recent years. Biblical. Nice work Alan xxx #oafc

Hilarious seeing the Chesterfield twitter account getting all sanctimonious about it. 'Unsavoury behaviour',you say.....?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/chesterfield-fans-detailed-account-embarrassing-club-raffle-debacle-absolutely-insane/74368

Let's not forget one of their fans waiting for Clarke after the game.

Their centre-half clearly head butting ours after the half time whistle

Oh and the bloke wearing number 9, who had a very long thread about him on here.

Unsavoury scenes you say https://goo.gl/images/vFkueg

Edited by rudemedic

It has been awhile since I have been to an away game, but the positive signs in the last few games and the return of the ginger winger dragged me and my lads to Chesterfield. I was going to be happy with a point playing the 2nd half with 10 men, but when Clark rose like a salmon to head the goal it was mental.

Gerrard was lucky not to be off sooner as well going for a headbutt on Evatt in the game.

A special mention to McLaughlin who had a good game and adapted well at full back and putting up with their fans trying to assault him

We have a new special mention.

On audioboom there is an interview with Shez and an interview with Clarke post Chesterfield,for anyone that is interested. Sorry I can't do links but I'm sure some kind soul will.

1. Click in the address bar at the top of your browser page...address of web page is highlighted [e.g. bbc.co.uk] (or if not then just highlight text in address bar).

2. Copy and paste.

3. Post your message on the board and it will magically appear in link format.

NB: this even works on go:censored:yourself.com ! :grin:

1. Click in the address bar at the top of your browser page...address of web page is highlighted [e.g. bbc.co.uk] (or if not then just highlight text in address bar).

2. Copy and paste.

3. Post your message on the board and it will magically appear in link format.

NB: this even works on go:censored:yourself.com ! :grin:

Haha very good indeed. Thank you. Touché

In his interview on the OS, Shez says:

“the supporters were unbelievable, especially in the second half. I thought there were about 6,000 of them here today and I thought they were brilliant.They drove us on even when we were under the cosh and they were cheering non-stop and we got the opportunity. We’ve not won (m)any games, they are chuffed to bits and they have seen the character of the team. The fans did it for me last year and they did it for the team and we are going to need them for the rest of the season. They were magnificent and I’m chuffed to bits for them".