Chesterfield away

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's how it went down yeah?

I'm not saying we didn't reject their bid, but according to the Chron and MEN the move was on the cards until like 10pm and it was Scunthorpe who pulled out.

Sounds more like they offered £30k, we said make it £?k and they decided not to take it any further at 10pm.

Im usually depressed when ive been to latics game this season, how im utterly depressed having not gone yesterday....incredible scenes after the goal, like some have posted on par with Scunthorpe, seems league scenes like that only happen every 10 years. Time to dig in and wait for the next time it happens

It has been awhile since I have been to an away game, but the positive signs in the last few games and the return of the ginger winger dragged me and my lads to Chesterfield. I was going to be happy with a point playing the 2nd half with 10 men, but when Clark rose like a salmon to head the goal it was mental.

Gerrard was lucky not to be off sooner as well going for a headbutt on Evatt in the game.

A special mention to McLaughlin who had a good game and adapted well at full back and putting up with their fans trying to assault him

So basically the only highlight of the game was the goal.

The other highlight was the singing relentlessly throughout the second half, with an us against the world attitude, with the away supporters and the team on the same wavelength. Then when Clarke scored, it was like a dam bursting as the pent-up emotion overflowed. An occasion that will live forever in the minds of those lucky enough to have been there.

The other highlight was the singing relentlessly throughout the second half, with an us against the world attitude, with the away supporters and the team on the same wavelength. Then when Clarke scored, it was like a dam bursting as the pent-up emotion overflowed. An occasion that will live forever in the minds of those lucky enough to have been there.

What feats he did that day. Then shall our names, Familiar in his mouth as household words- Sheridan the King, Ritchie and Palmer, Wylde and Talbot, Stainrod and Futcher

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red. This story shall the good man teach his son; And St Peter Clarke day shall ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered- We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition; And Oldham fans in England now-a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Peter Clarkes day.

Apologies to Will .....

During an amazing atmosphere, with non-stop relentless singing, brilliantly led by the drummer, we were rewarded with Clarke's goal. Here it is with the mayhem that followed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/32707908955/in/dateposted/

That was absolutely superb. There was even an audible anticipation of we are in here, just before the header.

Awesome.

Awesome support from our end.Defo on a par with Supermac's last gasp equaliser at Scunny.Funny how Taylor was in both games !!

I fell about laughing at a Chesterfield fan in a long overcoat behind their goals who was waving his arms all game like a demented octopus.

Yep.

But what a highlight.

(:censored: off)

Not sure who the comment in parentheses is aimed at?

My comment wasn't a dig at anyone other than Sky's highlights - one cross that someone missed, the referee speaking to someone, and a goal.

I was at the game, and whilst not a classic on the pitch there were a few other bits that would have made it in (Holloways run, the save at the death of the first half etc).

An epic atmosphere that deserved the response we got in the 90th minute. Not sure I can recall a crowd making such an atmosphere with very little encouragement from the action on the pitch.

Scunthorpe away, the atmosphere was driven by dominating the game, and the intense hatred for the time-wasting, in particular from the keeper.

Yesterday's second half was flat from a football point of view and yet the crowd just kept going. Not sure I can think of another Latics game like that.

They talk about the crowd being the 12th man, well yesterday we were the 11th man.

If ever proof was needed that a full on 12thMan Fans support can really turn a game they only have to look to yesterday

One of those special football moments most fans can only dream about

Somethings happening again . . . . . .

"We get knocked down but we get up again . . . Aint nothing gonna keep us down"

I'd like to recognise Paul Green. Outstanding when he came on. Has to play instead of Flynn, especially away from home.

He did well yesterday but lost points from me for trying to usher supporters off the pitch instead of encouraging them to carry the team out of the stadium like at the end of Escape To Victory.

Not sure who the comment in parentheses is aimed at?

My comment wasn't a dig at anyone other than Sky's highlights - one cross that someone missed, the referee speaking to someone, and a goal.

I was at the game, and whilst not a classic on the pitch there were a few other bits that would have made it in (Holloways run, the save at the death of the first half etc).

An epic atmosphere that deserved the response we got in the 90th minute. Not sure I can recall a crowd making such an atmosphere with very little encouragement from the action on the pitch.

Scunthorpe away, the atmosphere was driven by dominating the game, and the intense hatred for the time-wasting, in particular from the keeper.

Yesterday's second half was flat from a football point of view and yet the crowd just kept going. Not sure I can think of another Latics game like that.

They talk about the crowd being the 12th man, well yesterday we were the 11th man.

Swindon away during the dark days after Moore

You miserable bastard.

Do you even like football? Or life?

Cheers to you too sweetie. I love both as it happens. What I don't like to see are pitch invasions and the possibility of a fine or even a points deduction for our cash-strapped, points-strapped club. If you think running on to the pitch helps in either case then you need help.

Cheers to you too sweetie. I love both as it happens. What I don't like to see are pitch invasions and the possibility of a fine or even a points deduction for our cash-strapped, points-strapped club. If you think running on to the pitch helps in either case then you need help.

Dont let it bother you. Its part of the OWTB initiation process to be asked by him 'do you even like football?'

Points deduction?! Give over.

Points deduction? I'll accept there's the possibility of a fine (i think it rests more with the home club) but points deduction. How anyone could have seen the celebrations and be shaking their head muttering "that's a fine" is beyond me.

Points deduction? I'll accept there's the possibility of a fine (i think it rests more with the home club) but points deduction. How anyone could have seen the celebrations and be shaking their head muttering "that's a fine" is beyond me.

That away stand just invites a pitch invasion. Wigan and Coventry did the same last season.