Chesterfield away

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref was a homer of the highest order to say the least. In fact you could say he was a cheat.

Whilst I dont share your view todays ref Ross Joyce was same man who reffed us at Bradford, booked 5 of our players at Bradford and none and of theirs he also turned down a stonewall pen for a foul on McKay and awarded the softest to Bradford your ever likely to see. Todays foul count of 12 to Chesterfield and only 6 for us produced 5 yellows and a red for us and none for Chesterfield, he was critisised by the assessor after the Bradford game so it could be said he's still seeing his arse over that one as we probably awarded him a :censored: mark for his performance at Valley Parade.

Edited by yarddog73

What a day out!

Almost missed the start due to the ticket office running out of tickets!

First half started really well, and O'Neill looks a really good player. Taylor was OK but to be honest wasn't really in the game that much.

We bossed possession for the first 25 minutes, but Chesterfield came back into it and probably had the best chance of the half that was "air kicked".

Felt pretty confident that a decent HT team talk and attacking our supporters we would have a good second half.

Then the news that Gerrard had been send off came - his attitude to the referee when he was booked initially was v.poor. Disrespected the official, told him to f*** off if my lip reading was correct.

So not sure what he did in the tunnel, but doubt the referee would have needed much encouragement.

Fearing the worst, the second half went as expected. We were barely in the game, dropping deep and some time wasting (Ripley booked etc) but the crowd....wow!

I first looked at the time at about 65 minutes and we'd been chanting Sheridans blue and white army for a bit, and then from that moment onwards we never stopped singing. The noise was immense!!

And whilst never being really in the game, I don't recall Ripley being genuinely tested. And then as the clock ticked to 90 we get a corner.....

I can imagine what the Spireites felt - we've all been there, dominated 10 men, and then they go and score a late winner from a set piece.

The corner was cleared but the ball back in from O'Neill was a peach and Clarke's header was a bullet.

Pandamoniam ensues.

Suspect we will get a fine etc for the fans on the pitch, but given the atmosphere we created, it felt that we'd earned that 3 points more than the team did.

Not pretty, but a massive win. I don't recall a massive improvement in performances and football last year under Shez, but we started grinding out the points.

9 from 5 so far this time around. Keep it up!

What a day out!

Almost missed the start due to the ticket office running out of tickets!

First half started really well, and O'Neill looks a really good player. Taylor was OK but to be honest wasn't really in the game that much.

We bossed possession for the first 25 minutes, but Chesterfield came back into it and probably had the best chance of the half that was "air kicked".

Felt pretty confident that a decent HT team talk and attacking our supporters we would have a good second half.

Then the news that Gerrard had been send off came - his attitude to the referee when he was booked initially was v.poor. Disrespected the official, told him to f*** off if my lip reading was correct.

So not sure what he did in the tunnel, but doubt the referee would have needed much encouragement.

Fearing the worst, the second half went as expected. We were barely in the game, dropping deep and some time wasting (Ripley booked etc) but the crowd....wow!

I first looked at the time at about 65 minutes and we'd been chanting Sheridans blue and white army for a bit, and then from that moment onwards we never stopped singing. The noise was immense!!

And whilst never being really in the game, I don't recall Ripley being genuinely tested. And then as the clock ticked to 90 we get a corner.....

I can imagine what the Spireites felt - we've all been there, dominated 10 men, and then they go and score a late winner from a set piece.

The corner was cleared but the ball back in from O'Neill was a peach and Clarke's header was a bullet.

Pandamoniam ensues.

Suspect we will get a fine etc for the fans on the pitch, but given the atmosphere we created, it felt that we'd earned that 3 points more than the team did.

Not pretty, but a massive win. I don't recall a massive improvement in performances and football last year under Shez, but we started grinding out the points.

9 from 5 so far this time around. Keep it up!

Happy days! ?

Well its days like this that make me proud to be an Oldham fan.All players did superb today but thought O Neill was excellent.Shez certainly knows a good midfield player and finds them thank god.Good attacking football first half using both wingers.Taylor worked his socks off.

Ref was same one at Bradford and once again was crap.How many minutes did he allow?

Fantastic support and my voice is knackered.Great scenes when we scored and looking forwards to seeing it on tv later.

Whilst I dont share your view todays ref Ross Joyce was same man who reffed us at Bradford, booked 5 of our players at Bradford and none and of theirs he also turned down a stonewall pen for a foul on McKay and awarded the softest to Bradford your ever likely to see. Todays foul count of 12 to Chesterfield and only 6 for us produced 5 yellows and a red for us and none for Chesterfield, he was critisised by the assessor after the Bradford game so it could be said he's still seeing his arse over that one as we probably awarded him a :censored: mark for his performance at Valley Parade.

On the plus side we are unbeaten this season when hes the ref

Great great win against not only 11 players but possibly the worst ref in living memory.
How these guys can be watched and still allowed to ref is a complete mystery.

How can you book a goalie for time wasting when he hasn't even got the ball !!!

How can you book an injured player who is being helped off by the physio for time wasting .

Yes Latics were running the clock down when they could but those 2 bookings were a complete joke by a joke ref.

Great win Latics and what a fabulous following .

Amazing scenes, and what an atmosphere 2nd half. Hands are bruised and voice has gone. Hope we don't get in trouble for the pitch invasion, it's only the 2nd time i've ever been on the pitch, after gaz mac at Scunny.

Great great win against not only 11 players but possibly the worst ref in living memory.

How these guys can be watched and still allowed to ref is a complete mystery.

How can you book a goalie for time wasting when he hasn't even got the ball !!!

How can you book an injured player who is being helped off by the physio for time wasting .

Yes Latics were running the clock down when they could but those 2 bookings were a complete joke by a joke ref.

Great win Latics and what a fabulous following .

doubly galling that when it happens at BP or simply against us, very little is done about it! That ref seriously has an axe to grind and should be reported/questioned for his impartiality!

doubly galling that when it happens at BP or simply against us, very little is done about it! That ref seriously has an axe to grind and should be reported/questioned for his impartiality!

Well he was after the Bradford game , the ones in the know that watched him that day criticised his performance after that game yet today he was even worse.

They should be suspended and retrained .

IF this was a premier league refs performance can you imagine the experts on MOTD !!!!!

At least now it doesn't sound like sour grapes but my oh my that was one biased and extremely poor ref performance and should definitely be questioned , the only saving grace was he didn't find anything wrong with the goal otherwise there would have been a riot.