Ngoo?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he scored 2 headed own goals for us when playing for Birmingham in a 4-0 win.

Mentioned this recently on here.

When he got substituted the home fans gave him a standing ovation and he left the pitch to chants of "There's only one Kevin Francis...".

I think he almost got a third as well - might have nodded one just wide or even against the woodwork.

Saying last night he reminds me a bit of Ian Marshall when he played up front and Ian Ormeroyd too...

Looks knackered, looks like can't get going out of neutral , can't jump but is a handful to take two defenders out with the odd good touch that has got us more it the other halfs penalty box than at any other times these season

Time wastes down near corner flags when needed.

Played a lovely switch of the feet on Saturday to get into the box and not afraid to have a shot too. Maybe he's more footy brains than brawn...we will see

I love a trier....and it's given a boost to fans on the terraces too which bloody helps

Saying last night he reminds me a bit of Ian Marshall when he played up front and Ian Ormeroyd too...

Looks knackered, looks like can't get going out of neutral , can't jump but is a handful to take two defenders out with the odd good touch that has got us more it the other halfs penalty box than at any other times these season

Time wastes down near corner flags when needed.

Played a lovely switch of the feet on Saturday to get into the box and not afraid to have a shot too. Maybe he's more footy brains than brawn...we will see

I love a trier....and it's given a boost to fans on the terraces too which bloody helps

To be fair Marshy was light years ahead of Ngoo...

To be fair Marshy was light years ahead of Ngoo...

But always looked like he was a wobbling through treacle....yes he proved somewhat that he could put the ball in the back of the net...hahah

I did a similar swapsie at school for the netball team went from GK to GShooter and as a former GK I blocked the oppos GK and they never experienced anything like it to the point, I never used to let them back on the court after a throw in as I blocked them in and if they touched me it was a penalty. Total role reversal.

Boy I would love to see a marshy wobble run again..hahah

Edited by underdog

I did a similar swapsie at school for the netball team went from GK to GShooter and as a former GK I blocked the oppos GK and they never experienced anything like it to the point, I never used to let them back on the court after a throw in as I blocked them in and if they touched me it was a penalty.

I have no idea what any of this means haha

Can always rely on somebody on here to watch a player for a few months and then opine that said players best attribute is the one thing they can't do

I've seen plenty enough of Erwin to know, that despite what you think, he does not have a good first touch.

That was half the problem against Charlton, his first touch was not allowing him to get control of the ball in order to then hold it up until some support arrived, which is why the ball was coming back quicker than we could clear it.

That is why Holloway would have done a far better job than Erwin did the other night, better first touch and better player.

I've seen plenty enough of Erwin to know, that despite what you think, he does not have a good first touch.

That was half the problem against Charlton, his first touch was not allowing him to get control of the ball in order to then hold it up until some support arrived, which is why the ball was coming back quicker than we could clear it.

That is why Holloway would have done a far better job than Erwin did the other night, better first touch and better player.

His touch is one of his strongest attributes, just because in your eyes he had a bad 45minutes does not mean he can't control a football.

His touch is one of his strongest attributes, just because in your eyes he had a bad 45minutes does not mean he can't control a football.

It is not in my eyes that he had a bad 45 minutes, my judgement of him is based on watching him all season.

I don't think his game has any strong overall aspect, and i don't think he has a good first touch.

He has struggled pretty much all season and has been in and out of the team as a result.

I think he puts plenty of effort in but the basic ability is not their.

He started in Shez's first game against Gillingham and was taken off after an hour, since then Shez has not given him a minute of game time in the subsequent 6 games, he only got a start against Charlton because of Holloway's injury, and again was taken off after being very largely ineffective.

Indeed.

He's been poor the majority of the season. He's had the misfortune of playing in a relatively poor side which doesn't create much and / or been thrown up front on his own which obviously hasn't helped him. Said this on another post somewhere though - i'm not convinced in a good side he would get too many. He doesn't know what kind of striker he is. He doesn't gamble and get in the box, he's certainly not a target man, he's not brilliant with his back to goal and he certainly doesn't run the line and try and break defenses with any pace. I'm sure he has something about him (hence his making of a career) but personally, I don't think he'll play regularly any higher than he is now unless he becomes a particular type of player.

Of the two, i'd rather have kept McKay - he had a style, he ran the line, he made space, he got in the box - OK his finishing let him down on occasion but he would have been a good fit for playing with Holloway or NGoo

He's been poor the majority of the season. He's had the misfortune of playing in a relatively poor side which doesn't create much and / or been thrown up front on his own which obviously hasn't helped him. Said this on another post somewhere though - i'm not convinced in a good side he would get too many. He doesn't know what kind of striker he is. He doesn't gamble and get in the box, he's certainly not a target man, he's not brilliant with his back to goal and he certainly doesn't run the line and try and break defenses with any pace. I'm sure he has something about him (hence his making of a career) but personally, I don't think he'll play regularly any higher than he is now unless he becomes a particular type of player.

Of the two, i'd rather have kept McKay - he had a style, he ran the line, he made space, he got in the box - OK his finishing let him down on occasion but he would have been a good fit for playing with Holloway or NGoo

You're probably correct there.

Generally, most of McKay's shots came when he was put through on goal and fluffed them, most of Erwin's came from things he'd fashioned himself, or rebounds.

Erwin's clearly a better footballer, but like you say, McKay works better in a system.

It is not in my eyes that he had a bad 45 minutes, my judgement of him is based on watching him all season.

I don't think his game has any strong overall aspect, and i don't think he has a good first touch.

He has struggled pretty much all season and has been in and out of the team as a result.

I think he puts plenty of effort in but the basic ability is not their.

He started in Shez's first game against Gillingham and was taken off after an hour, since then Shez has not given him a minute of game time in the subsequent 6 games, he only got a start against Charlton because of Holloway's injury, and again was taken off after being very largely ineffective.

Indeed.

Honestly one of those times when you wonder if you've been watching the same matches as another poster.

Can't really fathom how you could question Erwin's 'basic ability' at this level.

Edited by NewBlue

Honestly one of those times when you wonder if you've been watching the same matches as another poster.

Can't really fathom how you could question Erwin's 'basic ability' at this level.

As I stated in my previous post, considering the game time Shez has given him to date, clearly he doesn't rate him either, and his is the only opinion that really matters.