Ngoo?

Really? I'm bemused by a lot of these comments about what he might bring....comedy value yes, but the lad can't hold up the ball, falls over...lots, and certainly doesn't have a turn of pace....

Maybe I've been watching something different, and don't get me wrong I'd love to have to come on here and eat humble pie about my comments but I just can't see what others do I'm afraid....but we all have opinions and see things in different ways, and it keeps forums like this going

I don't think Ngoo is a great footballer by any stretch, but I'd take him over Erwin everyday of the week.

Erwin's second touch is nearly always a tackle and for a biggish guy he's not very strong when trying to hold the ball up.

I think if Ngoo had had Erwin's game time this season, he'd have more goals on the board than Erwin has, how many has he scored? One.

Anyway its all about opinions (sorry I don't mean you O4U).

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I'm bemused by a lot of these comments about what he might bring....comedy value yes, but the lad can't hold up the ball, falls over...lots, and certainly doesn't have a turn of pace....

Maybe I've been watching something different, and don't get me wrong I'd love to have to come on here and eat humble pie about my comments but I just can't see what others do I'm afraid....but we all have opinions and see things in different ways, and it keeps forums like this going

Maybe you left before he came on last night. He held the ball off from 2 defenders in the corner, then used his crazy skills to beat them with a lovely turn if pace

Maybe you left before he came on last night. He held the ball off from 2 defenders in the corner, then used his crazy skills to beat them with a lovely turn if pace

Pace? I wouldn't go that far.

It was hilarious see him stride into the box in slow motion holding 3 of theirs players off somehow.

He's awful technically, but he did cause them problems and brought others into play, unlike Erwin.

Not sure where this nonsense about him not being good technically is coming from. Yes he's unusual and doesn't look like most footballers but his touch is decent, holds defenders off and uses his body well and that run and run into the corner was good play. Clearly no where near fit.

Could be an important player for us in the run in - may not get many but held the ball up better than Irwin and looked more of a threat. Irwins too slow with the ball at his feet that his biggest weakness - he isnt a target man either wants the ball to feet or chest all the time.

Anway Ngoo did well for us when he came on and i hope it continues - love him to notch a couple before the end of the season as well

There's a lot of overthinking going on here.

I've seen him twice now and he's come on, taken a few minutes to find his feet (almost literally) and then given us a second wind that's had everyone off their seats far more than they'd been before he was on the pitch. We suddenly seem to have far more chances once he's on.

I'm not convinced either by this "he can't play more than 20 minutes" that's quickly been taken on as Latics gospel.

Some players just look knackered in the warm up.

He might well soon be perfectly capable of 90 minutes given the chance to settle into a whole match.

I've heard lots of players talk about how hard it can be to initially catch your breath being thrown on as sub in a hectic match where everyone else is already warm & comfortable....

Not having that he has to have technical ability to go to Liverpool. They look for height/pace/strength in kids and then try and work on the technical side. His build will have kept him there many years.

That said, he is clumsy and an absolute nuisance for a tiring defence. He gets the crowd going and then the players aswell. Not sure he is a starter just yet, but he certainly can come on and wind a game down. Still think hes technically rubbish like Fane, but does the job hes supposed to pretty effectively.

Not having that he has to have technical ability to go to Liverpool. They look for height/pace/strength in kids and then try and work on the technical side. His build will have kept him there many years.

That said, he is clumsy and an absolute nuisance for a tiring defence. He gets the crowd going and then the players aswell. Not sure he is a starter just yet, but he certainly can come on and wind a game down. Still think hes technically rubbish like Fane, but does the job hes supposed to pretty effectively.

He does have technical ability, his control of the ball during that mazy bye line run was a joy to watch.

Edited by BP1960

He moved there when he was 17. It's hardly like he was 10 - that's the kind of age they poach the big lads.

I have only seen the 20 minutes or so he performed last night but in his cameo he showed plenty of technical ability. He held it up well, held on to it and pulled of a great piece of control when plucking the ball out of the air with his right foot. He also beat men and took pressure of us.

Yes he is gangly and possibly clumsy but if you are judging technical ability on the length of his legs and running style it obvious that you have no clue...

I have only seen the 20 minutes or so he performed last night but in his cameo he showed plenty of technical ability. He held it up well, held on to it and pulled of a great piece of control when plucking the ball out of the air with his right foot. He also beat men and took pressure of us.

Yes he is gangly and possibly clumsy but if you are judging technical ability on the length of his legs and running style it obvious that you have no clue...

I reckon there's some on here who'd claim Fane has more technical ability than Ngoo because he's a couple of inches taller...

Well he has been on the pitch twice for us and not let us down once.

First time he came on against Coventry and for me did a good job in giving their centre half a game for the last 20 min.

Last night he came on and did a very good job in taking the pressure off our defence and caused them a lot of problems with his holding up etc.

Given the situation were in and a player coming on and giving his all (even for 20min) is something to be grateful for.

Can't believe the idiots on here who call him !!!!