Ngoo?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably.

But it's rendered pointless by his total lack of oomph.

He does lack aggresion and often seems lethargic and he is second to the ball to often which are qualities he needs if hes going to be a numnber 9.

He looks like he could do with getting in a boxing ring and have someone teach him to move quicker and toughen up.

If he discovers a mean streak he could become a very good footballer.

Edited by GlossopLatic

He does lack aggresion and often seems lethargic and he is second to the ball to often which are qualities he needs if hes going to be a numnber 9.

He looks like he could do with getting in a boxing ring and have someone teach him to move quicker and toughen up.

If he discovers a mean streak he could become a very good footballer.

He's just another identikit modern player going through the motions.

Polar opposite of Ngoo.

Couldn't disagree more. I know he sometimes isn't up for the battle needed, but his touch is (generally) pretty good. He put some fine work in for Banks' goal on Tuesday. I really think Sheridan can get a tune out of him...

He'll get a tune but it will be out of key and the timing will be all wrong....the only person to get a decent tune out of lee erwin is lee erwin. He needs to take a look at himself and decide what he wants to be... His lack of passion can only be resolved by himself

I think given that this entire team has performed significantly better since the change in manager, I'm of the view that I am willing to give all players a second chance.

Green and Banks - players lambasted by supporters this season (and is agree I'd not seen much value in them) have looked much better in the last month.

I even thought Reckord did OK in the Bradford game (putting the ball behind for a corner when he hadn't heard a shout was his only notable point of query).

Erwin on Tuesday did OK except a couple of greedy moments. So I wouldn't discount him from the rest of the season.

In fact, I don't think Holloway has been much better since his return than Erwin was on Tuesday. I feel that Holloways performances last season, and Erwin's this, are having influencing opinions.

Erwin on Tuesday did OK except a couple of greedy moments. So I wouldn't discount him from the rest of the season.

He's the only player who was poor under Robinson who hasn't looked any better under Shez.

What he did Tuesday was what he's done all season - tidy, clearly well coached from a young age but just going through the motions with zero desire or intent.

In fact, I don't think Holloway has been much better since his return than Erwin was on Tuesday.

k2yf4x.gif

Edited by HarryBosch

Erwin as been poor work rate and aggression wise all season. Apart from the first 5 minutes on Tuesday I thought Erwin did really well. Played a large part in the goal and his first touch was usually pretty good. Ball retention as a lone striker is not easy and a role better footballers than Erwin struggle with. I really do believe some posters judgement have been clouded Tuesday night by what's gone before. Yes he was guilty on 2 occasions of not looking up to cross the ball, but overall I thought he worked hard and did a job. Whilst most of the season there is something missing from his all round game.

I also think the criticism of Erwin is harsh following Tuesday's win.

Yes, there were a couple of occasions where he should have looked up, but I couldn't fault him up top playing a role which certainly isn't easy when we defend as deep as we did on Tuesday.

Erwin is frustrating as there is clearly a player there, I think his confidence has taken a battering. Players react in different ways, he checks out of games because he doubts his chances of making an impact. Others will try and power through the rut, stick him in a better more confident team and we will see a totally different player.

Erwin is frustrating as there is clearly a player there, I think his confidence has taken a battering. Players react in different ways, he checks out of games because he doubts his chances of making an impact. Others will try and power through the rut, stick him in a better more confident team and we will see a totally different player.

Lack of confidence?! Completely disagree the lad thinks he should be playing in the prem. His sulky attitude says that and his attempt at ridiculous step overs which never come off also tell a story!