League One Predictor

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully Shrewsbury are playing Bolton, otherwise I'd have thought we'd be bottom four by Saturday, given we're against Sheffield United and Port Vale play Coventry.

Sheff utd will not be looking forward to playing us. Nobody will be seeing as how we are one of the form teams in the league.

The negativity on here bewilders me given our form since Sheridan returned.

Sheff utd will not be looking forward to playing us. Nobody will be seeing as how we are one of the form teams in the league.

The negativity on here bewilders me given our form since Sheridan returned.

It bewilders you that somebody thinks there's a high probability the 9 points clear leaders will beat us?

Must spend a lot of time confused...

It bewilders you that somebody thinks there's a high probability the 9 points clear leaders will beat us?

Must spend a lot of time confused...

Did you notice the new paragraph? I'd finished talking about Sheff Utd.

I was making a statement about the general negativity around our opportunities in games.

Ta.

Anyone would think we are playing Barcelona next week, they'll be rightly the favourites but we can take something from the game. We have to put in our very best performance and hope they have a off day, but it's a league 1 fixture like any other, we matched them for large spells away, they probably didn't get out of 3rd gear but they have off days themselves. I think we'll get something next week.

I noticed the paragraph, not that that meant anything...

Well it did. I just told you. In any event me saying the negativity bewilders me does not indicate I think we will win does it? Jesus. The negativity here does not match our performances since Sheridan returned. Do you agree?

Edited by kowenicki

Anyone would think we are playing Barcelona next week, they'll be rightly the favourites but we can take something from the game. We have to put in our very best performance and hope they have a off day, but it's a league 1 fixture like any other, we matched them for large spells away, they probably didn't get out of 3rd gear but they have off days themselves. I think we'll get something next week.

It's going to be interesting. They've had a lot of high scoring games away from home recently, 4-2 at Swindon, 4-3 at Oxford and 3-3 at Rochdale. We're defeinitely not an easy team to score against.

Exactly, i'm not going in to the game expecting us to win, and I did put us down to lose this one on the predictor, but I wouldn't be massively surprised if we got a draw. It's a league 1 fixture for a reason, and like you say we aren't easy to score against.

Edited by daniel

Exactly, i'm not going in to the game expecting us to win, and I did put us down to lose this one on the predictor, but I wouldn't be massively surprised if we got a draw. It's a league 1 fixture for a reason, and like you say we aren't easy to score against.

I'm expecting us to get something from atleast one of the Bolton or Sheffield United games underdog/siege mentality will kick in and we will give atleast one of them a fright if things don't go their way their big followings will start to get anxious.

Their fans will be coming here expecting to win and if they don't they will get on their players back. Add to that the pressure of the business end of the season and they could freeze.

I've been to watch Bolton a number of times over the years their fans are more than capable of getting on their players backs they are probably worse than us for this. Sheffield United fans know they have been in this division for far longer than they would have liked a poor performance at Oldham and they will start worrying they are going to bottle it again.

Don't anyone write off these games as certain defeats football rarely is as simple as the most talented team with the big support winning.

Well it did. I just told you. In any event me saying the negativity bewilders me does not indicate I think we will win does it? Jesus. The negativity here does not match our performances since Sheridan returned. Do you agree?

There always has and always will be a natural pessimism for many fans in regards to their own club.

While we're in form, we're by no means safe.

I must've missed the bit where everyone of us has predicted us to go down. Or maybe just that a lot are worried and see tough games ahead. And blimey...here on a messageboard, they are discussing it. Shock.

General consensus is us staying up in the last game or two. How negative...I've changed my mind...7 straight wins it shall be!!!

As of this morning, the teams realistically in the relegation fight start with Charlton in 15th place. Based on remaining fixtures, I see it ending up as follows:

15th Franchise 59pts

16th Charlton 55

17th Gillingham 52

18th Shrewsbury 52

19th Bury 51

20th Oldham 51

21st Port Vale 47

22nd Swindon 40

23rd Chesterfield 37

24th Coventry 36

I have our remaining matches as Sheffield Utd (L), Southend (L), Fleetwood (D), Bolton (D), Bristol R (D), Rochdale (W), Wimbledon (D)

It will be scarily close but barring a complete collapse in form (or administration!!) I think we'll just survive.

I actually think Vale may be fine at the expense of someone like Gillingham.

Gillingham are the ones for me. I honestly didn't feel they'd win another game until Scunthorpe threw it away last week.

Thankfully they don't seem to have gained confidence from it and look doomed again.

Gillingham are the ones for me. I honestly didn't feel they'd win another game until Scunthorpe threw it away last week.

Thankfully they don't seem to have gained confidence from it and look doomed again.

Disunity there. Their fans want the manager out.