League One Predictor

He was being ridiculous when he made it. Predicting 5 points from 11 games with our form over the period since Sheridan arrived was somewhat silly.

It was a prediction. Most of us get them wrong. I'm sure he's very pleased to see Latics exceeding his expectations.

If we draw one and lose seven of the eight remaining games, will you be back to congratulate him on his excellent prediction?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was being ridiculous when he made it. Predicting 5 points from 11 games with our form over the period since Sheridan arrived was somewhat silly.

Why not join next season's Prediction League and be in with a chance of winnings some prizes and a bit of kudos for your predicting......? http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/forum/78-owtb-prediction-league/

Can people post their Oldham predictions?

Just interested the prediction v reality as my hunch is much tighter.

Mine so far......

My predictions went as follows...

Northampton - D - WON

Walsall - D - LOST

Bury - D - DREW

Oxford - W - WON

Posh - L

Sheff U -L

Southend - D

Fleetwood - W

Bolton - L

Bristol R - L

Rochdale - D

Wimbledon - D

12pts - final tally 48pts

So far, we've 1pt more than I predicted. And with a loss predicted for the next 2 games, if we get anything, I'll be over the moon. Well on course for survival so far.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Revised Predictions: Just ridiculous, I know!
Boundary Blue Mine
Posh - L L

Sheff U -L L

Southend - D L

Fleetwood - W D

Bolton - L L

Bristol R - L L

Rochdale - D D

Wimbledon - D D

Final points 47

so Shez' team has promotion form for 12-14 games and then can't buy a win for 8 games??!! :) we'll stay up comfortably starting with a win on Saturday

Massive game tonight will be hoping for 3 points for Shrewsbury anything other than a loss against the posh for us would be a nice gap of 6 points plus better GD.

I'd rather a draw tonight. If someone HAS to win then Shrews please.

I'd rather a draw tonight. If someone HAS to win then Shrews please.

Massive game tonight will be hoping for 3 points for Shrewsbury anything other than a loss against the posh for us would be a nice gap of 6 points plus better GD.

Nil nil half time

Vales next five games are winnable but then it becomes tricky. I think they have to win tonight

However if they do then the shrews are closer to us and their games to come are not easy

My preference shrews win

Edited by astottie

Keeps more teams in it if vale win, we can only control the controllables, vale are due a decent result but that doesn't take away from the fact that apart from us, vale are the worst side I have seen this season.

I'd prefer fewer teams in it and us not to be one of them

Keeps more teams in it if vale win, we can only control the controllables, vale are due a decent result but that doesn't take away from the fact that apart from us, vale are the worst side I have seen this season.

Dont agree with that. had Vale lost or drew they would have had to get a result on both their reamaining games in hand to send us into the last relegation spot, now they just need to draw both and catch us with 8 games to play. A draw would have beent he best outcome by a wide margin IMHO.

As it stands, it is not in our hands, we need favours.

Even so, just as unlikely we'll go up 3-4 places with a win

It is but even a point takes up one place as shrews are level on points and goal difference. Teams who look hopeless all season suddenly start pullin out wins at this time of the season.

However we have 8 winnable games it's in our hands to survive.