League One Predictor

For those who've enjoyed a bit of 'predicting', why not join next season's OWTB prediction league and prove that you're the best predictor amongst your mates. You could also win cash prizes as well as contribute to Playershare and Dr Kershaw's hospice?

See details here: http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/forum/78-owtb-prediction-league/

Edited by lookersstandandy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can everybody post what you have on the predictor for tonight's result. Will be interesting to see if a loss relegates us :grin:

My predictions went as follows...

Northampton - D

Walsall - D

Bury - D

Oxford - W

Posh - L

Sheff U -L

Southend - D

Fleetwood - W

Bolton - L

Bristol R - L

Rochdale - D

Wimbledon - D

12pts - final tally 48pts

Edited by boundaryblue80

Northampton - D

Walsall - D

Bury - D

Oxford - W

Posh - L

Sheff U -L

Southend - D

Fleetwood - W

Bolton - L

Bristol R - L

Rochdale - D

Wimbledon - D

Some bizarre predictions in there and you still have us surviving. It's not in any doubt. Edited by dec666

Northampton - D

Walsall - D

Bury - D

Oxford - W

Posh - L

Sheff U -L

Southend - D

Fleetwood - W

Bolton - L

Bristol R - L

Rochdale - D

Wimbledon - D

When the fixtures are spelt out like that it makes for worrying reading.

That being said, I'm sure we'll manage to squeeze out 4 wins from somewhere.

We always do.

Some bizarre predictions in there and you still have us surviving. It's not in any doubt.

I'm curious on why you think they were bizarre. The 4 defeats are fair enough, I think we'll lose to Sheff U and Bolton whereas B.Rovers have an excellent home record. Posh can be difficult at theirs. Oxford have a good away record, so it's one we will probably snap (we like to break runs be it good or bad) whereas Fleetwood have a poor record at ours. Think we'll beat them. The draws seem fair enough...as I said in a post above, hopefully we can turn one or two of them draws into wins. Just like I predicted a draw on Tuesday but thankfully was turned into a late win. It bodes well.

I'm curious on why you think they were bizarre. The 4 defeats are fair enough, I think we'll lose to Sheff U and Bolton whereas B.Rovers have an excellent home record. Posh can be difficult at theirs. Oxford have a good away record, so it's one we will probably snap (we like to break runs be it good or bad) whereas Fleetwood have a poor record at ours. Think we'll beat them. The draws seem fair enough...as I said in a post above, hopefully we can turn one or two of them draws into wins. Just like I predicted a draw on Tuesday but thankfully was turned into a late win. It bodes well.

Bizarre is the wrong word, I just think it's obvious we'll pick up surprise results along the way and I definitely think we'll win one of the away games against Posh, Southend and Bristol Rovers. We always find them at this time of the year, without fail.

I'd be stunned if we only win two games between now and the end of the season.

So we only need four points from the remaining games. Happy days.

That was down to my belief that Port Vale and Gillingham may never win again...

I've done it a couple of time since though and I still believe 47 will be enough with Gillingham going down.

19th on 50 points.

5 clear of Bury in the last drop spot (with Vale, Chesterfield and Coventry going down) and Swindon in between on 47 points.

And we win our last 2! Squeaky bum time ahead.

I think that everyone has us within 1 or 2 games of relegation - most understandably the right side - says it's a hard run in and could go either way.

Edited by Scapegoat

Forget the other teams, I'm going purely on our form. I can see seven games undefeated including a minimum of three wins.

Historically 52pts should be enough but no result is accurately forecastable in football. It could easily go to the last weekend.