Hollaway?

JS seems concerned by Holloway's lack of goals.

I'm going to start some controversy here by suggesting he might eventually be converted to a centre back.

What you been drinking ? You're normally on the ball.

Edited by pk200

What you been drinking ? You're normally on the ball.

I have seen many players surprisingly converted to different positions in my time, never rule it out.

Going back to the 1960s who would have though Ian Wood could be converted from a useful centre forward to a very good full back?

Edited by BP1960

I'll add to the controversy, save for his effort blasted over v Posh he's not looked like scoring - his hold up play is excellent but he needs to get in the box he's a striker after-all. Otherwise he's simply a genetic big lump that holds up the ball and tbf they are ten a penny at this level sane as big lump stopper CBs. Some better than others but still ten a penny...

AAH has two oafc goals in 20 games

He use to be a centre half BP so no need to convert. Not a chance that will happen. Bit of work in the summer with shez and Philly who seems to work with strikers and we might have a big player next season. His potential is there to see. He has 4 or 5 seasons before he reaches his 'peak' so hopefully we see an improvement for next season.

He use to be a centre half BP so no need to convert. Not a chance that will happen. Bit of work in the summer with shez and Philly who seems to work with strikers and we might have a big player next season. His potential is there to see. He has 4 or 5 seasons before he reaches his 'peak' so hopefully we see an improvement for next season.

Agree with most of that, but a return of 2 in 20 (both coming in the same game) for a striker is nothing short of a joke...

I didn't know he started as a centre back, so its not so fanciful he might return there one day.

And given that our top scorer this season is our number 1 choice centre back.....

BTW this chap did al-right changing positions.

Ian-Marshall-perm_1223666_400x400.jpg

I wish we had him now...what a bloody good player he was!!! Holloway is also a very good player and technically, probably our best. He's not played a lot of football due to a succession of injuries but if he can reach his potential with us he's going to be worth an awful lot of money. His skill is sublime and he wouldn't look out of place in the Championship.

All he needs is a goal or two and he'll be fine....after Clarke and Ripley he'd be my next name on the team sheet.

I'll add to the controversy, save for his effort blasted over v Posh he's not looked like scoring - his hold up play is excellent but he needs to get in the box he's a striker after-all. Otherwise he's simply a genetic big lump that holds up the ball and tbf they are ten a penny at this level sane as big lump stopper CBs. Some better than others but still ten a penny...

AAH has two oafc goals in 20 games

That's actually better than his overall career rate - nearer 1 in 13

I've seen a lot of strange player position conversions in my time.

The story goes Harry Dowd was a centre forward at Manchester City and when a keeper was injured in one game he took over. The rest is history.

But for that incident he may never have played in goal and we would have been deprived of one of the best keepers I've seen here.

Edited by BP1960