Injuries

7 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

if Hunt is done for the season, can/will he be sent back and if so do the rules allow us another loanee?

(that's assuming he's a loanee in the first place as I can't remember who's who ha ha)

He is a loanee but we can't sign anyone else. The window closes in January now. 

Losing Hunt has seriously upset the balance of the team. Need Wilson fit and deputising there as he did last season for a short time (if it's 4 at the back)

As for Holloway, quietly I was always wary about us bringing him back. His injury record is frankly terrible. The 3 missing are hurting us. 

15 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He is a loanee but we can't sign anyone else. The window closes in January now. 

I did think as much, but that rule in itself is flawed as you sign a couple of loanees just for then to get injured  straight away!  Maybe a rule that if one does get injured and deemed long term unfit, then special dispensation should be given ... 

and then again ... 

14 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

I did think as much, but that rule in itself is flawed as you sign a couple of loanees just for then to get injured  straight away!  Maybe a rule that if one does get injured and deemed long term unfit, then special dispensation should be given ... 

and then again ... 

Maybe a youth opportunity instead of relying on loans.

Whilst it is always good to see youth players given a chance, the killing of the emergency loans for someone in our position desperate for points, is a right kick in the Niagaras. It's fine for the big boys who can easily field a full team of reserves and still more than hold their own, but the smaller clubs suffer disproportionately. Nowt changes in that respect.

As for Hunt, he definitely won't play again this season and it's doubtful that Dummigan will, so we've got to hope that Wilson will be ok. The thought of another game with Reckord at LB sends shudders through me. And that Reckford is no better :huh:. Could Shez give Mantack a chance or is that too risky? I believe that Holloway could be back but, if he isn't, I can't see us scoring many.

6 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Whilst it is always good to see youth players given a chance, the killing of the emergency loans for someone in our position desperate for points, is a right kick in the Niagaras. It's fine for the big boys who can easily field a full team of reserves and still more than hold their own, but the smaller clubs suffer disproportionately. Nowt changes in that respect.

As for Hunt, he definitely won't play again this season and it's doubtful that Dummigan will, so we've got to hope that Wilson will be ok. The thought of another game with Reckord at LB sends shudders through me. And that Reckford is no better :huh:. Could Shez give Mantack a chance or is that too risky? I believe that Holloway could be back but, if he isn't, I can't see us scoring many.

We actually looked pretty decent playing 3-5-2 against Sheffield United, means we only have to find one left sided player, not 2. 

Taylor started as a full-back IIRC, he can definitely play as a LWB (except against Notlob).

Might help McLaughlin as well as he has been a bit wasted at RB.

53 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Wonder who that means is injured? Or does he fancy Stott over Edmunson, or just as backup because we're short?

Gerrard looks like he's playing with an injury to me, Edmondson may well play instead of him  with Stott coming in as cover.