Other Teams' Retained Lists

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I saw the other day that John Welsh has been  released by Preston. He would be exactly what we are after -  a no nonsense midfielder and a leader to match...

Decent player a couple of years ago, not seen much of him recently but he'd certainly be out of the right mould.

59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I saw the other day that John Welsh has been  released by Preston. He would be exactly what we are after -  a no nonsense midfielder and a leader to match...

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Decent player a couple of years ago, not seen much of him recently but he'd certainly be out of the right mould.

He'd definitely be worth it, not just for what he brings to the table, both on and off the pitch, but also who he'd replace in the team. 

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm a big fan of us signing players older than me... and he would be by 3 weeks. Get him signed.

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Said that myself the other day.

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Someone like him would be perfect who can keep us disciplined. Keeping the likes of Byrne in tow and when he spits his dummy. If Byrne hasn't moved on that is..

Swindon had similar with Douglas a few years ago. We need that experience in the middle of the park

23 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Someone like him would be perfect who can keep us disciplined. Keeping the likes of Byrne in tow and when he spits his dummy. If Byrne hasn't moved on that is..

Swindon had similar with Douglas a few years ago. We need that experience in the middle of the park

Can't see Byrne playing League 2. He should boss it if he does but I don't think he'll want to stay

21 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Agree. A real hole in our squad this season.

My simple recruitment plan...

Players in:

Ripley

Welsh

Doyle

Coaching staff:

Clarke - player coach

Terry out

Mike Phelan - assistant

Promotion.

My mates a Preston Season ticket holder said John Welsh runs the show when he plays but sadly is more often injured than fit these days. So would be a good signing IF he could stay injury free.

Edited by Cushyj
Added to message

24 minutes ago, Cushyj said:

My mates a Preston Season ticket holder said John Welsh runs the show when he plays but sadly is more often injured than fit these days. So would be a good signing IF he could stay injury free.

Look elsewhere if he’s going to be injured. Saying that, we have wasted money on these foreign imports but we need a plan B if we was to get him 

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Welsh wanted by Accrington he is mates with Coleman and Bolton want him. Shame sort of player we could do with. 

We might be in a position to beat Accy to that signing despite them being higher placed than us. 

3 hours ago, Cushyj said:

Non sequitur.