• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Does 'advanced stage' mean they've moved on from an americano to the lemon drizzle loaf cake at Costa? Or is that jumping the gun?

It means he is in the boardroom, staring at his phone but it hasn't yet begun to ring. Whether he is actually muttering "ring you f***er" under his breath is yet to be confirmed.

Whether the phone rings will determine his place in history, he will either be "the one that got away who would have really made the difference" or "not good enough, we need to be targeting better players than that".

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

You are yet another who looks at matters in the wrong way. (Probably still sulking at me?)

I do not have a grievance. I inform this board of matters which they may not be aware of, eg Necarcu. If there was good news then I would post it but there usually isnt.

I might comment on the implications of certain Company decisions 'in my eyes only' but I leave it up to posters to come to their own conclusions.

Mr Corney is sole owner (yes really he is) of the football club and can run it in any way that he sees fit, despite anything we may say.

He can postpone the declaration of figures of OAFC (2004) Ltd by another 3 months as he did last week. People should be aware of it.

That does not mean that I have to take a vow of silence nor mutely agree with his management.  A meeting with him would be/was a complete waste of time.

Ok shame you don't feel like a meeting with him would be worthwhile I'm not expecting you to deliver good news for the sake of it I just feel you might get some proper answers to your questions. Like I said it’s your prerogative.

Edited by GlossopLatic

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Need a new signing buzz this week ahead of pre-seasons.  

A new "Ripley" is a must but nothing excites me more than a striker, a winger or an attacking midfielder.  Some spark, some creativity and the promise of goals.

If we're now buying players then hopefully we can see secure a hidden gem from the league below or non-league or use the cash on wages and some experience with a goal-scoring track record.

I'm sick of looking down the table and after the last two seasons of uncertainty, there is a buzz of stability and progress 

I'm not quite comfortable with stability having a buzz...

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Stock answer from the doubters - any meeting would be a waste of time.

With your superior knowledge you should relish the chance to go in there and trip Corney up.

If you don't do it for yourselves then at least do it for us.

Nonanevernomoredavidshaw gave us that hope but caught Stockholm Syndrome before even getting in the room.

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because shouting about it on here is solving nothing. We can carry on going round and round in circles having these arguments if you want but we are getting precisely nowhere.

Not arguing. You asked a question and I answered it straightforward and truthfully.

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Because shouting about it on here is solving nothing. We can carry on going round and round in circles having these arguments if you want but we are getting precisely nowhere.

Not arguing. You asked a question and I answered it straightforward and truthfully.

If and it's a big if, this striker does sign for us I think a fair few will be lumping on us to finish top six. I'm not getting too excited yet because this is latics and it will probably collapse when he's due to sign. I'm actually amazed that his name hasn't got out, but that's probably a good thing as we'd all get giddy only for it to end in disappointment.

1 hour ago, 2uptop said:

If and it's a big if, this striker does sign for us I think a fair few will be lumping on us to finish top six. I'm not getting too excited yet because this is latics and it will probably collapse when he's due to sign. I'm actually amazed that his name hasn't got out, but that's probably a good thing as we'd all get giddy only for it to end in disappointment.

Go on you can tell us

1 hour ago, 2uptop said:

You cant leave it at that i will not sleep

On 04/07/2017 at 2:09 PM, jimsleftfoot said:

I've seen him play for Fylde a few times, he's got an amazing shot and decent skills but lacks movement. There's a good chance he'd struggle at League 1 level.

Previously, Fylde's owner said they would turn down £500k for him, so I think we've fallen a bit short.

Seem to recall him having an engine of a left foot but like you say, doesn't necessarily mean you'll cut it at the higher levels

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Contracted at Barnet till 2019. 

From what I've been told they are open to offers, I did search for threads on here with regards Akinde and I found one from 2008 where you actually recommended him on here when he played for Ebbsfleet BP.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

From what I've been told they are open to offers, I did search for threads on here with regards Akinde and I found one from 2008 where you actually recommended him on here when he played for Ebbsfleet BP.

Yes, he played in the FA trophy final at Wembley, not sure he'd come up north though.

Blackburn are in for Lambert now apparently.

As for Akinde, I'm gonna say no chance.

He's score 102 goals in his last 4 seasons, even if Bristol Rovers are open to offers it's not going to be the sort of meagre offer we can conjure up. 

Edited by PlayItLivo

5 hours ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Can we get back to topic instead of bickering?!?

Connor Ronan - being linked with us, Rochdale lad playing for Wolves, attacking midfielder. Highly thought of young player looking for his breakthrough season, hopefully it'll be with us.

Suffered a strss fracture of his back in February, but reportedly fine now in training at Wolves 

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Blackburn are in for Lambert now apparently.

As for Akinde, I'm gonna say no chance.

He's score 102 goals in his last 4 seasons, even if Bristol Rovers are open to offers it's not going to be the sort of meagre offer we can conjure up. 

Akinde plays for Barnet...

I don't think you'll all have to wait long I'd imagine it'll be in the chron/revealed by Alan Nixon before you know it.  I gave my word to someone at the club that I wouldn't reveal his name and I intend to keep my word, the fear is that if word gets out a bigger club will come in for him. I'm sorry for not saying more, I know it's a pain when someone posts they know something and doesn't reveal it, but I genuinely wanted to let you all know the calibre of striker we are looking at. It finally feels like good times are round the corner. Up the tics.